Acura NSX spot

gLA

All depends on the power and weight. I believe 400hp is the target. If that's the case, I don't care how good it looks. Needs to be 500+.

All depends on the power and weight. I believe 400hp is the target. If that's the case, I don't care how good it looks. Needs to be 500+.

I agree, it won't be light enough to make the 400hp count. In comparison that new Mclaren MP4 12-C weighs 3,100 pounds and has 592hp that's 5.25 pounds per hp. At 400 hp the NSX would be need to weigh 2,100 pounds to match it. That's Lotus Elise weight. Koenigsegg's and Pagani's are in the 2,700 - 2,800 pound range and they are carbon fiber chassis. Honda isn't going to build a $100,000 carbon fiber car.

Gordon Murray, (designer of the F1), LOVED the old Honda NSX. Lightweight, tossable, fantastic user-functionality and it worked as a "super sports car." He flat out stole design ideas from it (including the throttle mechanism) to use in the F1.

i don't think competing with 458's and MP4's is its target...if it does in fact have 400hp i think its aimed more at the Audi R8 V8, C4S, aston V8 kinda buyer.

They probably are going after the R8 V8 and are putting it with those competitors...which would be the 911S?

Edit: What Falken said.

Love the commercial. Not so much the NSX. I agree with Blackbull. Good grief this is a bland design. It doesnt stir the soul, emotions. Makes me think "nice hybrid economy car" instead of "Exotic". Looks dated already kinda like how the MP4-12 looks bland and dated to me. Maybe in a different color and with more manly rims lol it will appeal to me visually. Sounds good though.

Love the commercial. Not so much the NSX. I agree with Blackbull. Good grief this is a bland design. It doesnt stir the soul, emotions. Makes me think "nice hybrid economy car" instead of "Exotic". Looks dated already kinda like how the MP4-12 looks bland and dated to me. Maybe in a different color and with more manly rims lol it will appeal to me visually. Sounds good though.

Aside from the Aventador, what new exotic is soul stirring?

The ferrari ff?

The 458?

THe Mclaren mp4 as you stated?

The sesto elemento?

i don't think competing with 458's and MP4's is its target...if it does in fact have 400hp i think its aimed more at the Audi R8 V8, C4S, aston V8 kinda buyer.

yeah you're probably right....but in three years where do you think the hp for a C4s will be..I bet after the mid cycle update it will be in the 450 - 475hp range.

A boy and his dream all over again IMO. Got the same feeling I had when I saw the first one at 10. Just sold my '91 NSX w/ 300,000 miles on it. I may be in the market for this one in another 20 years :)

A boy and his dream all over again IMO. Got the same feeling I had when I saw the first one at 10. Just sold my '91 NSX w/ 300,000 miles on it. I may be in the market for this one in another 20 years :)

i put 30k miles on mine....i would curious if you would list its service history mileage and service costs while you owned.

Dammit...I've said it before & I'll say it again: Lamborghini should have produced the Miura concept car!!!!!!.........with at least 450 whp

i put 30k miles on mine....i would curious if you would list its service history mileage and service costs while you owned.

The car was very well maintained until the third owner that sold me the car. I had to "catch up" service to get the car road worthy again. Other than usual wear and tear parts/maintenance the window regulators got very slow and needed upgrading, CCU failed, HU and amps failed and the antenna motor failed. At 300k on an untouched motor and transmission it screamed through VTEC to redline perfectly and shifted like a bolt action rifle. I had planned to refresh the motor and turbocharge it so the mileage didn't bother me. Unfortunately plans changed. The guy I sold it to flew in and drove it home to Kansas. Gotta love a Honda :)

Boy I can't wait for the new one to come out!

• 1 month later...

Don't think I'll be swapping mine, 17 years old, and it's been in my possession now for 7 years, still love it definitely a keeper.

8396c1b6.jpg