Aventador Crash

Perdition

From Jalopnik:

Video: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=8532570

2wnrb7s.jpg

Man Crashes Week-Old Lamborghini Aventador Into Cars, People

A Houston man who just purchased his $350K Lamborghini Aventador only a week prior managed to hit a pair of pedestrians and some parked cars while trying to exit a club in the city's Uptown Park area. He told police he didn't know how to drive it. Clearly.

This all happened at approximately 2:00 am outside the Belvedere Lounge, which is a super trendy place where people go to show off their cars/clothes/women. It also has a small, cramped parking lot where I'd be loath to park a brand-new Lamborghini.

The money quote in the article is "the driver told officers he just bought his Lamborghini a week ago and was still unfamiliar with how to use it properly."

Here's a tip, dude: don't drive your 700-hp supercar into people.

Drinking isn't suspected to be a cause and the driver has yet to be charged. Three people were sent to the hospital with non-serious injuries.

Ouch that really sucks on all levels. Looked like some pretty serious damage to one of the other cars. And the windshield of the LP was smashed...pedestrians must have rolled up the hood.

I hope the people who got hit are OK. This is a perfect example as to why supercars should go to owners of previous models of the brand first.

That was in Houston. I didn't know anyone bought the white one at Lambo Houston? I guess it could have come from another dealer though...

I hope the people who got hit are OK. This is a perfect example as to why supercars should go to owners of previous models of the brand first.

Unfortunately that does not make them any more capable in many cases. Anyone can have an accident, it is even more likely when you are out showing off.

That wouldn't solve anything. People do dumb shit in all cars. It has to do with age, experience and maturity not the car.

Hittiing pedestrians is never a good thing. Let's hope everyone is ok and it was as gentle as a car meeting a person can be.

hope those peds are ok. does look like the damage to the car is too bad.

passive pedestrian protection system FTW, who says lambo's tech isn't next-gen

That wouldn't solve anything. People do dumb shit in all cars. It has to do with age, experience and maturity not the car.

Amen, if you're of the age when revving the piss out of it or accelerating quickly off the line in a parking lot is taboo then it doesn't matter if you've owned another fast car.

I wouldn't do any of that now, when I was 17 though it didn't matter which car I was in; I was a kid, and kids and douche-bags do stupid shit.