First check engine light - pissed!

05LSV

Well, here it is. Cylinder bank 1-5. Driven the car about 6 times in the month I've had it.

Looking at past threads, here's what I know so far. If you can chime in any personal experiences, it would be helpful. The car is driving fine (not in limp mode), so I have some assumptions I'm making.

- There is possible condensation in misfire tubes and/or exhaust sensors.

- Run the car 3-5 times and see if the light goes out.

- Remove and then plug back in the ECU fuse and see if light comes back on.

- Get engine scan tool to check specific code if light still persists.

Finally, take the car to deal to have sensors cleaned or replaced at a cost of $350 (cleaned) to $800 (replaced).

Your feedback appreciated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of the Lambos I had threw a CEL if the fuel lid wasn't on properly. Check that too.

Also don't get pissed lol shit like this is going to happen all the time.

Mine does that all the time because I run the exhaust bypass. Start the car a few times and the code clears...

Is this because of condensation on the sensors or some other exhaust sensor issue because of your bypass pipes?

A couple of the Lambos I had threw a CEL if the fuel lid wasn't on properly. Check that too.

Yeah I just read about that last night so I ran in the garage and tightened it. It wasn't loose, but I got another quarter turn out of it.

I think I'm more pissed because it rained all weekend and yesterday afternoon was my only drive time. I felt safer turning around and heading home instead of running the car since I didn't know what the problem was, so I missed out on my chance to run the car until probably next weekend. Shit!

Is this because of condensation on the sensors or some other exhaust sensor issue because of your bypass pipes?

I am not sure, it generally happens while I am driving and the engine is hot, so I don't think condensation is the issue. Either way it's just a minor annoyance nothing more.

I am not sure, it generally happens while I am driving and the engine is hot, so I don't think condensation is the issue. Either way it's just a minor annoyance nothing more.

Awesome - thanks for the reassurance.

Just talked with a buddy who has the OBD2 scan tool so I'm going to borrow that and check it out to be 100%. Anyone know where you plug that sucker into?

Awesome - thanks for the reassurance.

Just talked with a buddy who has the OBD2 scan tool so I'm going to borrow that and check it out to be 100%. Anyone know where you plug that sucker into?

I'm pretty sure it's behind the passenger kick panel. Here's some code info:

http://lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Gallar..._A_Gallardo.htm

:iamwithstupid:

This is the way to do it, get a Lamborghini OBDII Readers. Everybody can do this it's easy. You can read the error at the display and you can remove the engine warning light at the display. But if you just remove the engine warning light, your engine still have a problem.

http://www.obdreaders.com/Lamborghini/

4996eb3e7076904f4f80f6679f9117f9efad1d9b_1_.jpg

Get used to this buddy. Mine goes on and off here and there depending on the weather it seems like. You just bought yourself an italian supermodel with some baggage if you get my analogy. All part of the ownership. when I asked my service place about it he said dont worry about it probably just a dirty sensor.

Get used to this buddy. Mine goes on and off here and there depending on the weather it seems like. You just bought yourself an italian supermodel with some baggage if you get my analogy. All part of the ownership. when I asked my service place about it he said dont worry about it probably just a dirty sensor.

Alright thanks a lot everyone. Makes me feel better...

So what are misfire tubes anyways?

I think you read it wrong. Condensation in various areas can cause a misfire.

Ahhhh, gotcha. So when someone says, "Check the tubes for condensation" does that mean the exhaust pipes?

Didnt Evans say it was a typical problem with the gallardos, pretty much just a loose sensor and they would replace it at your conveniece? (if i remember correctly from the visit there)

***UPDATE***

I got a OBDII tool from a friend and pulled the code. Can anyone help out with what this could be?

P0491

Secondary Air System (bank 1)

Google it. Think I did before and got some info. Worse case pm jefflambo. Great guy and tons of knowledge. Evans automotive here in Columbus told me to not worry

I deleted the code and I'm running the car right now to see if it pops back on.

Here's what I got from Lamboweb:

Component/System - Secondary Air injection - bank 1

Fault code - P0491

Monitor Strategy Description - Functional check

Primary malfunction detection parameter - Oxygen sensor output voltage

Fault Activation range - V>0.3 [V]

Time length of the fault - 2s

Frequency of check - once per driving cycle

Is there anything that I can do myself? If it's something small like a disconnected line from the secondary air injection system, I can't fix that myself can I? What about a loose or dirty sensor? Dealership job or DIY?

So the code didn't come back on and I let the car run for about 15 minutes. Do I need to be driving it to be sure or will it pop on while just sitting there in the garage?

If someone can chime in with some info on the above description from Lamboweb, that would be great.

I wouldnt be just running the car for 15 minutes.... if anything drive it around the neighbourhood.

Nah you should jam a piece of wood against the throttle in neutral like the parking guy that destroyed the 560. :)