Aviation thread

capt_chaos

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an interesting video about flying the SR71 as well. There are actually a lot of interviews with pilots. I wont add them all, but lets just say I spent a solid four hours watching them. All different and all just as interesting.

You fly KC-135's right? Still damn impressive in my book.

Haha yea, I am not dissing my baby. I love the jet and mission...but the Blackbird...so sexy.

Haha yea, I am not dissing my baby. I love the jet and mission...but the Blackbird...so sexy.

Oh for sure! Its like the pagani of the sky!

4giFvGH.gif

Ive seen that plane at two air shows. Its just insane to watch. You are just like how is that even possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is not as awesome as the US fighter jet offerings but everytime I see the Eurofighter / typhoon it impresses me.

Up in St Andrews in Scotland for a meeting earlier this week and they take off every hour or so and the noise alone excites me.

• 2 months later...

Ignore the stupid PA tail flash. We had a rental today.

asymetric.jpg

bankish.jpg

close.jpg

dark.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

spray.jpg

I think I am maxing out my camera/lens. Time to start hunting around for a new combo.

Bought myself one of these for the upcoming season:

http://www.flytec.com/Products/Variometers/6015.htm

It'll be nice to replace my dated vario, terrible and heavy gps, primitive instruments for wind speed, etc... now finally I'll have it all in one.

• 2 months later...

I didn't bring my DSLR this deployment so the images won't be as perty as they are all taken with my cell. This time I am concentrating more on my GoPro to make a nice compilation at the end.

IMG_20140310_174944.jpg

IMG_20140317_095406391_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140322_082004614.jpg

IMG_20140322_103511696_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140324_125905092.jpg

IMG_20140403_060630245.jpg

IMG_20140423_050608172.jpg

IMG_20140423_081758154.jpg

Stay frosty!

Haha thanks. I try, but it's averaging about 105* out here now...in a jet with no air conditioning on the ground. It's brutal. I go through about 3-4 bottles of water before takeoff. The boom has it even worse since the back of the jet is even hotter. The highest I have seen was 140* in the back. During preflight we have to constantly keep him checking because the booms have been known to get heat exhaustion and pass out doing their preflight checks. Crazy stuff.

Did anyone see the Gopro teaser footage from the Fighting Maces?? Supposedly they are doing a 30 minute video. Looks like it will be awesome.

Did anyone see the Gopro teaser footage from the Fighting Maces?? Supposedly they are doing a 30 minute video. Looks like it will be awesome.

Royal Maces! I correct myself.

• 3 weeks later...
What's happening at 4:14 with the RC-135 disconnect?

We hit some clear air turbulence. The Boom was on his game too otherwise it might have ended up a brute force disconnect.