2006 gallardo

touchless

I have 17000 miles on my 06 Gallardo, Just purchused it. What typicaly goes wrong first. 2nd owner?

What is the best way to drive this car as far as RPM in city driving and is automatic recomended to use? I don't use it because it seems to run at low RPM and I have alot of black exaust residue on both sides that I clean almost daily,is that normal?

Congrats on the purchase! You must post pics.

A few questions. Did it have the 15000 mile maintenance yet? If not, get that done.

Did you get an egear snapshot? If not you may want to find out the condition of the clutch.

Stop and go traffic is hard on the egear clutch and reverse is really hard on it.

The major maintenance tends to be if you have clutch or egear issues, otherwise usually it's an annual maintenance costing 1000-1200 on average.

Does the front lift work properly. I think it was more a problem in Murci's in Gallardos.

Most people don't use the automatic function. I know I never did in my murci egear.

The 2006's are pretty bullet-proof.

But as the Assman says...Have the trans and front diff fluids changed if you can't PROVE they have already been done.

Besides that, not much is needed. You really don't need to do spark plugs on the 06s, they came with platinums from the factory.

Oil every ~5,000 miles, trans and diff every ~10,000 and you'll be good to go.

Check the oil every ~1000-1500 miles, they tend to use a little bit depending on how you drive. You may need to add 1-2 qts over the course of an oil change interval.

Yeah, have the e-gear checked so you know where you stand, but the 06s seem to last a bit longer than the earlier years.

Use auto mode only if you 'have to'.

I have 21,500 miles on my 06, I have owned the car since 06 when I got it with 1,400 miles on it. Been bulletproof. Only minor problems, just had the A arm bushings rebuilt (they were creaking). Now they are fixed, I noticed my steering column creaks a bit. One of anti roll bar bushings blew out at about 15k miles. I get the 1-5 engine light once in a while. But other than routine maintenance it's been trouble free. On the original clutch, though mine is a manual. Check the oil, they do go through it.

I have 17000 miles on my 06 Gallardo, Just purchused it. What typicaly goes wrong first. 2nd owner?

What is the best way to drive this car as far as RPM in city driving and is automatic recomended to use? I don't use it because it seems to run at low RPM and I have alot of black exaust residue on both sides that I clean almost daily,is that normal?

Thanks everyone for all your valuable info.

Any thoughts on the exhaust black soot, seems like its running very rich.

I did get the clutch snap, 15000 was also done,

I love my new toy.

Thanks everyone for all your valuable info.

Any thoughts on the exhaust black soot, seems like its running very rich.

I did get the clutch snap, 15000 was also done,

I love my new toy.

I wouldn't worry if you don't have any check engine light. A smog check or scanner with live view will tell you if you are running rich

I wouldn't worry if you don't have any check engine light. A smog check or scanner with live view will tell you if you are running rich

No light,Thanks for your advice. Have a great week 'djantlive

Congrats on the purchase! You must post pics.

A few questions. Did it have the 15000 mile maintenance yet? If not, get that done.

Did you get an egear snapshot? If not you may want to find out the condition of the clutch.

Stop and go traffic is hard on the egear clutch and reverse is really hard on it.

The major maintenance tends to be if you have clutch or egear issues, otherwise usually it's an annual maintenance costing 1000-1200 on average.

Does the front lift work properly. I think it was more a problem in Murci's in Gallardos.

Most people don't use the automatic function. I know I never did in my murci egear.

Thanks for all your help Assman

Did have the 15000 and trans snap shot as well as front lift works and I don't use Automatic mode, seems to hard on the cluch, low RPM all the way thru shifting.

Thanks for all your help Assman

Did have the 15000 and trans snap shot as well as front lift works and I don't use Automatic mode, seems to hard on the cluch, low RPM all the way thru shifting.

Maintain her and she should treat you well. Be sure to post some pics. We obviously love to see the lambos here. There is also a thread where if you post pics you get your lambo owner title.

The best maintenance is frequent use. Get out and enjoy your car. My '06 manual has been bulletproof. 77K+ miles and all smiles.

The best maintenance is frequent use. Get out and enjoy your car. My '06 manual has been bulletproof. 77K+ miles and all smiles.

Can you give us a breakdown of your maintenance history and costs....I have 21K on my 06

Can you give us a breakdown of your maintenance history and costs....I have 21K on my 06

Your '06 is just barely broken in; don't be afraid to put the miles on it. I believe my car actually runs better at now 77K than it has at any point so far.

I do most of the maintenance myself, so the cost data would not apply to most owners - plus I'm too lazy to dig through my files and add up all the numbers.

Basically I change the oil every 5k miles: I still use Agip 5W-40, but there's nothing magic about this stuff. I check the oil frequently and typically add a quart or two between changes.

The (manual) gearbox fluid gets changed every spring, I use RedLine MTL.

The brake fluid also gets changed every spring, and re-bled before track events as needed.

I change the front diff every other year.

I pulled the spark plugs last summer at about 65K. They'd been in the car for about 30K miles and they could have gone much longer (the factory replacement schedule for plugs is way too frequent).

Had a wheel alignment and a coolant flush last year.

Changed brake rotors (to Girodisk) last spring. Originals went about 65K miles.

I'm on the 3rd set of front brake pads, 2nd set on the rear.

Clutch was changed at about 38K (before it really needed it), still running strong on 2nd clutch.

Still on the original battery, original windshield wiper blade.

Replaced the engine air filters with the "sport" filters last year.

I've replaced a couple of tail light bulbs.

Lost count of how many sets of tires I've gone through.

Had the dealer replace the charcoal canister (gas tank vent) last fall.

Had to replace one of the front radiator honeycomb grills after hitting a big chunk of tire tread.

Replaced the black rub strip under the nose after getting airborne over a hill and bottoming out the car.

Also, I'm religious about using leather treatment on the seats - the bottom part of the driver's seat will develop "stretch marks" if you let it dry out.

Your '06 is just barely broken in; don't be afraid to put the miles on it. I believe my car actually runs better at now 77K than it has at any point so far.

I do most of the maintenance myself, so the cost data would not apply to most owners - plus I'm too lazy to dig through my files and add up all the numbers.

Basically I change the oil every 5k miles: I still use Agip 5W-40, but there's nothing magic about this stuff. I check the oil frequently and typically add a quart or two between changes.

The (manual) gearbox fluid gets changed every spring, I use RedLine MTL.

The brake fluid also gets changed every spring, and re-bled before track events as needed.

I change the front diff every other year.

I pulled the spark plugs last summer at about 65K. They'd been in the car for about 30K miles and they could have gone much longer (the factory replacement schedule for plugs is way too frequent).

Had a wheel alignment and a coolant flush last year.

Changed brake rotors (to Girodisk) last spring. Originals went about 65K miles.

I'm on the 3rd set of front brake pads, 2nd set on the rear.

Clutch was changed at about 38K (before it really needed it), still running strong on 2nd clutch.

Still on the original battery, original windshield wiper blade.

Replaced the engine air filters with the "sport" filters last year.

I've replaced a couple of tail light bulbs.

Lost count of how many sets of tires I've gone through.

Had the dealer replace the charcoal canister (gas tank vent) last fall.

Had to replace one of the front radiator honeycomb grills after hitting a big chunk of tire tread.

Replaced the black rub strip under the nose after getting airborne over a hill and bottoming out the car.

Also, I'm religious about using leather treatment on the seats - the bottom part of the driver's seat will develop "stretch marks" if you let it dry out.

:icon_super:

I think I've seen your yellow G around town. RH plate? LOC exhaust?

Nice! Keep driving it! I'm sure you're waiting the day it hits 100k.

Your right, I can wait and hopfully till 200,000 it is German under the bonnet

I just had service done on my 06 with 23k miles and they said the car is better than ever. Flawless mechanically and clutch is like brand new! I do the oil every year and keep on track with the service intervals they suggest. But like Rick, Doltmo, said.... drive the car! I drive mine every chance I get even if that means a trip to Lowes.....

I just had service done on my 06 with 23k miles and they said the car is better than ever. Flawless mechanically and clutch is like brand new! I do the oil every year and keep on track with the service intervals they suggest. But like Rick, Doltmo, said.... drive the car! I drive mine every chance I get even if that means a trip to Lowes.....

I drive my G every day

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on the new car. You will love being a Lambo owner. At 17k miles you are probably due for some routine maintenance. I would suggest taking it to a local dealer and doing a fluid change, perhaps change your diff fluid, change spark plugs if they look like they need it, have the throttle bodies cleaned, check for any stored engine codes, check alignment and tire wear patterns, check air and cabin filters, etc. Always a good idea to a pre or post sale inspection before you start routinely using a car. They do run a bit rich so cleaning exhaust tips will probably be frequently necessary if it bothers you.

I drive my G every day

They make great daily drivers. I am almost to 41k miles on mine and it is running like a champ.

IMG_9513-Small.jpg

or home depot for some dryer venting! Also dont forget to mention how your e-gear clutch came back near perfect even with your driveway incline from hell!!

Congratulations on the new car. You will love being a Lambo owner. At 17k miles you are probably due for some routine maintenance. I would suggest taking it to a local dealer and doing a fluid change, perhaps change your diff fluid, change spark plugs if they look like they need it, have the throttle bodies cleaned, check for any stored engine codes, check alignment and tire wear patterns, check air and cabin filters, etc. Always a good idea to a pre or post sale inspection before you start routinely using a car. They do run a bit rich so cleaning exhaust tips will probably be frequently necessary if it bothers you.

They make great daily drivers. I am almost to 41k miles on mine and it is running like a champ.

IMG_9513-Small.jpg

I drive my G every day and I did have my 15000, service done. I love it, just hoping it keeps driving well with no big issues. The cluch snap was great and it is very clean.

Thanks for the info Mr. Ed

Nice G

• 3 weeks later...

Brian,

I heard that Homestead has a track to both drive your car on and has professional drivers to assist on the max. performance of our Lambo's and will drive with you. Have you heard of this?