new aventador owner

charzrd

Hey all, my Arancio Argos Aventador arrives this wednesday. Any advice you guys have? I'm putting a clear bra on it, was wondering what surfaces I should make sure to cover. Pics to come once I get a chance to pick it up.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey all, my Arancio Argos Aventador arrives this wednesday. Any advice you guys have? I'm putting a clear bra on it, was wondering what surfaces I should make sure to cover. Pics to come once I get a chance to pick it up.

Keep the rev down below 6k for first 1500km or so. Try not to use corsa mode too. it is too harshy for new car. put clear bra on every part and swap it yearly and stop worring. also changing windshield is painful so i put clear bra on windshield as well to give some protection. after first oilchange do the exhaust mode First and I did. enjoy!

i put clear bra on windshield as well to give some protection

What did you use on the windshield?

I had my LP560 windshield done last June, and just had it removed (had the car completely unwrapped - it's gonna be re-wrapped with Xpel Ultimate film in a couple weeks).

I want to have the windshield done again and am looking for more options. Any info is appreciated.

charzrd - CONGRATS ! and ENJOY!! I agree with paulfromtulsa: drive the crap out of it!!!

I agree, drive it, drive it.... DRIVE IT!!!

PS Congrats!

I agree, drive it, drive it.... DRIVE IT!!!

PS Congrats!

thanks, I'm actually taking it on a road trip to Mendocino to break it in, then down to LA the next weekend.

Guest Dereiter

Congrats! Clear bra and tinted side windows are good for the car.

Enjoy the ride.

Enjoy the ride.

are tinted windows legal in california? I think they only let you tint the rear, and visibility is bad enough...

Enjoy the ride.

It IS March, when's yours coming?!

Ontopic: Congratulations on the new car!

Guest Dereiter
It IS March, when's yours coming?!

The car is going to be in USA within one-two weeks.

holy crap, the sound this thing makes with the windows down and shifting over 6k rpms in corsa mode is obscene... love that feeling when you pull the right paddle and there's this infinitesimal pause and by the time you release the paddle the gear slams home, epic.

Final in 25 minutes, pics coming soon after. In the meantime, have any of you guys noticed that the e-gear has a lot of difficulty engaging the clutch for the first 10 minutes after a cold start? It jumps and leaps pretty badly no matter what I do until it warms up...

Final in 25 minutes, pics coming soon after. In the meantime, have any of you guys noticed that the e-gear has a lot of difficulty engaging the clutch for the first 10 minutes after a cold start? It jumps and leaps pretty badly no matter what I do until it warms up...

Are you talking about the Aventador? Aventadors don't use E-gear.

It does. But then any f1 gear requires warmup clutch. As for jumping, after exhaust mod, it goes away lol. It jumps badly especialy when you raise the front. Dont worry. You are not alone sir. :)