Time for a ROO.....

deekss

Time for a Royal Oak Offshore.... I really prefer the leather strap, but the couple of places I've been they try and talk me into a rubber strap. Seeing a few on here, rubber seems to be more popular. Why ?! What's wrong with a leather strap ?! Obviously the bracelet looks a little ghey, but I think they look better with a leather strap.... Any comments welcomed... To be fair I'm not known as a fashion guru... Just ask my wife.

Which ROO are yo looking at?

If a white or black rubberclad, I would definitely keep it on a rubber strap.

Pretty much anything else I prefer on various leather straps.

Horn back strap is by far my favorite. I have several different sets in black with contrast stitching to match my outfit accordingly.

Best

Horn back strap is by far my favorite. I have several different sets in black with contrast stitching to match my outfit accordingly.

Best

:iamwithstupid:

Best

:iamwithstupid:

Not an owner, but feel the same. Nothing better than a ROO hornback with contract stiching.

The only caveat I'd present is one of activity, meaning if the OP is one of those guys who's going to be wearing the watch while doing sports (swimming, running, sweating, etc) then obviously the rubber straps are going to be preferrable.

This is the one I'm after, 26170ST.00.D101CR.02;

26170ST_00_D101CR_02_id3841.jpg

This is an aspirational purchase, it's a lot of cash for a watch, and is being bought as a treat for myself, for best wearing, not for playing sports etc ! Very discreet however, not blingy. More than three times the cost of my Rolex Milgauss, which was to be my last ever watch. Oh, which was a bit more than my Breitling, that too was to be my last ever watch..

Met Craig David a couple of weeks ago (may start a thread on what to say to minor/medium celebs with whom you may end up having a business arramgement and who may be a bit thick/insular/deluded/slow/difficult - not dropping names) and he had a sweet white faced ROO on a rubber strap....

Still, price varies so much. UK, £15K at the airport, £18K retail. In singapore $32K SGD. Will try and work on the Heathrow store. Went into jewellers in New Bond Street London, long queue, full of Russians paying cash, no danger of a deal there....

Ah the Panda, one of my favorites. I personally wouldn't put that on rubber for anything.

Personally I don't care for the hornback, give me a nice leather band with accent stitching. The RBII has to be my all time favorite!

26078io.oo.d001vs.01copy1_444_detail.jpg

You can always have some custom straps made with various stitching colors and different leather materials.

Edit: Maybe hit up Gil or one of the watch dealers here and see what they can get for you.

There is a guy on L-4-P asking 15k for his with box, papers, and an extra strap.

I saw that, something about it seems fishy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...