In Office Protection Ideas

Dr. Noisewater

I work for some one else for the time being. The office is in a nice commercial area. But I often stay late sometimes too(only one in the building) and am some times nervous about who could be walking around. Really you never know. For the time being I need my job so I wont violate the no gun policy. I like to be prepared too, thats why I usually keep a loaded gun in my car. But what if someone were to just walk in on me? So I understand where you are coming from. Me just being an employee Im SOL, but you can protect yourself. Shot gun is your best bet.

Why not conceal it? Or stuff it in your briefcase? Firearms policy or not - it's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Why not conceal it? Or stuff it in your briefcase? Firearms policy or not - it's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Im not overly concerned about it. I hear crap all the time when I am the only one in the office, but Im not concerned enough to carry into my workplace. If I choose too though no one would know.

I'd be willing to bet that in a panic situation that most people could empty an entire desert eagle mag and miss their target completely unless we are talking about point blank range. The best weapon you can own for personal protection is the one that you have the most experience with and are most comfortable with.

If you have a 9mm and you shoot it on a weekly basis, it's going to be a lot more useful than a desert eagle that you will most likely never have shot before. The DE suggestion is about as stupid as the theory that the sound a shotgun makes when being cocked is going to deter an intruder.

Hi...

Before you call me stupid, you might want to re-read what I wrote....

I carry a Glock 23 (sometimes it's a 26 if I need to conceal a little better) and it stays on me when I'm at the office. It's always either on me or within reach. If I need to disarm for some reason (rare) I have a safe in the office so that the gun can be secured. My business partner also carries a Glock 19 and is usually armed throughout the day as well. We don't "need" to be but we're used to it and it eliminates the "what gun do I keep in the office?" question.

I'm with RD, stick to a handgun and make it the biggest, highest capacity thing you can afford/shoot/store. If you already carry the SR40, that's probably sufficient though. A good 40S&W in hollow point is no joke.

What kind of guns are allowed for protecting yourself, are SMG's out of the questions in cases like this or when someone invades your home?

If you want to fire a lot of bullets at an intruder (+15-25) isn't something like that your only option?

LOL @ Cabelas.

Saw one for the first time in Fort Worth last week, and it really is a candy store for gun guys! :icon_super:

They're building one in Columbus. I'm not going to lie, I'm excited.

CGT -- Here it is on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Gunvault-SpeedVault-...733&sr=8-16

I grabbed a Glock 27 Sub with a Crimson Laser and pinky grip for the new safe I ordered above!

Should be a good start.

I am real comfy with the sub so it feels like a good starter for the office, at least until I get an RPG lol

Im not overly concerned about it. I hear crap all the time when I am the only one in the office, but Im not concerned enough to carry into my workplace. If I choose too though no one would know.

Don't ask, don't tell.

LOL @ Cabelas.

Saw one for the first time in Fort Worth last week, and it really is a candy store for gun guys! :icon_super:

Whats wrong with Cabela's?