Charter Jet cost

Roman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. M and I have flown to NYC 4 times in the past 5 months and EACH time we saved $1500 PER flight ($12,000) in total because I paid $220/each leg instead of $1570.

I get a similar upgrade on Virgin when I fly to London. Buy one Upper class ticket at a ridiculously low fare ($2400 last time) and I get the second one free.

Furthermore, I get to upgrade at the time of booking. I don't have to be at the counter or hope the flight isn't full. I'm booked in First Class as if I paid full fare from the beginning.

And with all the perks of Virgin's Upper Class, I would never go any other way.

Are you a UK member?

If not, you must be getting lucky as they explicitly say otherwise and will tell you otherwise when you call. I have the same card and I'm looking at the benefits now and it's definitely not as you say. For Delta and US Airways you only get upgrades requests at time of booking with full fare tickets. Other fares are upgraded only a few days in advance with respect to availability. Even full fare tickets don't have upgrades available on every flight -- just depends on the flights, even when booked way in a advance.

Not sure about Virgin as I never fly it due to the fact that they don't want to service any good locations haha, but their Gold status doesn't say anything about getting free companion tickets.

You still haven't told us your reasoning. Moving many kilos of 'stuff,' RD? ;)

I think its obvious that there is big money to be made smuggling steroid enhanced avocados into Kentucky.

Compared to private yes it sucks. With private you don't mess around in check in lines or security you can usually clear all that ahead of time by sending in your passport info. If your plane is booked to leave at 10, you drive right up to it at 9:50, put your luggage on and go. When you land in another country customs comes out to the plane to clear you. Once you fly private all else sucks

It's pretty much the same with Swiss First Class. They put you in a private Benz and take you to the plane. Paperwork is done separately too.

I'd venture to say that Swiss, Singapore, Emirates, and Thai First seats are better than most private jets. Plus the food is excellent.

You can get a RT for $10-15k to pretty much any destination on one of these airlines. A very good deal compared to private. Private only makes sense if someone else is footing the bill or if you fly to far-flung locales.

I've seen many uber-rich celebs fly First, including those who can easily afford to fly privates. I've flown with a host of A-list celebs, various royalty, biz leaders, etc...

I may be going to Cali in the next couple of weeks, what are you bringing back?

Youre both right.... Guns and Animals. Not sure the jet thing will even work now that Ive looked into it... I guess they dont have a lot of cargo space.

Youre both right.... Guns and Animals. Not sure the jet thing will even work now that Ive looked into it... I guess they dont have a lot of cargo space.

Roman Dog will take up zero cargo space as he will be roaming the cabin, the guns on the other hand will take up some space. How much space do you need? Will everything your bringing fit in your ML or a suburban?

Can't you just rent an armored car and load it up?

I'm guessing it's a sizable amount. The liability (and headache) of a journey across the CONUS where you inevitably have to stay overnight at least once unless you're nuts, makes it a bit difficult. Plus, I forget my Class III laws, but I'm pretty sure it's a headache transporting them across state lines.

Roman Dog will take up zero cargo space as he will be roaming the cabin, the guns on the other hand will take up some space. How much space do you need? Will everything your bringing fit in your ML or a suburban?

No.

My suggestion would be to charter a Pilatus PC-12 lots of space and hauling capacity. Huge 4 foot door and U.S special operations

uses it. Might be able to get you to Indiana non-stop depending on payload size. Has a cabin the size of a small bus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilatus_PC-12

http://www.google.com/search?q=pilatus+pc-...280&bih=567

Is that the C-130 "short" for the "VERY special Forces"?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/clinton-d...es-to-iraq,645/

• 8 months later...

FWIW, Recent charter quotes I've gotten. I clearly should open a charter business. Perhaps catering to drug lords, perhaps not.

Houston to Grand Cayman (about 2 hours 30 minutes each way):

**$41,460 on a Lear 60

**$37,866 on a Falcon 20

**$42,305 on a Falcon 50