What's this Rolex worth?

joebiz

Rosegold Daytona is a nice looking watch. The 2 tone Daytonas are the least desireable of the series and worth less than the stainless.

Not my watch yet. I said settle a bet but it's actually settle a debt from a bet. $6000 seem fair to all?

Not my watch yet. I said settle a bet but it's actually settle a debt from a bet. $6000 seem fair to all?

6000 for that watch? Id say give him 6k and a bottle of KY so it wont hurt as much.

It is a SS/Gold and not all Gold. Pre 2000, so it is a Zenith movement. I wear it every day, including wrenching.

Still don't think it is worth more than $7K

photo-4.jpg

Thanks for the picture, Key.

ah, it's a gold/steel... then is worth what you say: an all gold at 7 k is a bargain.

I cannot buy your wristwatch, i would pay 36% custom duty, but let me know if you come here in italy with that watch for an holiday. I will buy it for 6,5k USD.

ciao

I got a black face one. SS/Gold. On mine the chrono hour and seconds dial have swapped places compared to the previous two though.

Damn, how did you get such a good deal?

Edit:

The people on here with a gold Daytona, are we talking about something like this?

9.jpg

They wouldn't sell it to me at first, then I told my wife to tell them to stick the two tone yacht master that she was going to buy up their asses. As we started walking away the manager came back and told us that if we buy the yacht master, they'd sell us the daytona. Being Rolex dealers, they're not allowed to sell the watches above list therefore we got both watches at list price. The SS blackface daytona was just over $6k and the midsize yachtmaster was right around $5k.

Alright well I can't find consensus anywhere on this watch. $6000, seems like a fair but low price. Since I'll never see the money any other way, figure might as well scoop a watch.

The SS blackface daytona was just over $6k and the midsize yachtmaster was right around $5k.

When was this? That's really cheap/

I agree that it is probably a 4-5k watch, especially based on its condition. It has the inverted 6, which makes it a little more desirable, but have a look at the chart attached for more detail. Most is based on serial number (i.e. S, T etc), and year produced. The hit this watch will take is mostly based on condition. Its looks well worn. If you have this sent in for service and its "tune up", I think it will cost you about 600-700 and they will restore most of the scuffs and scars. Also check the crystal to be sure its not chipped or cracked because those things can get pricey.

Good luck!

post-1451-1336594600_thumb.jpg

Alright well I can't find consensus anywhere on this watch. $6000, seems like a fair but low price. Since I'll never see the money any other way, figure might as well scoop a watch.

Great choice, especially if you don't think the debtor will come through with any cash.

Great choice, especially if you don't think the debtor will come through with any cash.

It was for a stupid bet. I told the guy it was a stupid bet, and he insisted that he liked his odds. Something tells me he would show me no such leniency if I came up short. This is exactly why I don't gamble. I ended up with less than 1:1 payout on a bullshit bet.

Of course I get the "my daughter's tuition is due" song and dance and I haven't the will or desire to call him out on the giant bolt-ons he just bought his wife.

I guess it's a good outcome for you if it was a BS bet to begin with.

Noting his attitude was a good move for you, as I've been guilty of letting others slide on items that I knew were BS....

A Daytona is a good thing to have, BS or not :)