Bicolore color scheme on a Balloon White 560

Kisco

How do you guys feel this color scheme would look on a Balloon White LP560 with a wrap?? I want to do something unique to my 560 but I don't want to make a mistake and join the hall of shame lambos, lol.

I can't make up my mind if this Bicolore scheme would look good on a Balloon White 560 or not. Your thoughts?

That's an SE look which I prefer to the bicolore look.

:iamwithstupid:

"Bicolore" nonsense is awful on every car they offer it on (458, 560-4, etc). Cheapens the look of the car by 1000x.

SE style is much much better.

Hmm...all the YouTube vids have this color scheme called "bicolore".

I guess this color scheme is a special edition in Europe??

Anyway, Raj and Mako, you guys think this color scheme would look on a Balloon White 560? And do you think a CF wrap, gloss black, or flat black would look best?

First thought is

Gloss>CF>Flat for that application.

Unlike Mako, I do like the bicolore look on the 458, but not on the gallardo.

Interesting.

I really like the look of this. I think I may try it out.

Raj & jpegs, I think gloss black wrap would look good too. I didn't think of a gloss CF wrap...

I wonder if this would force me to black out my wheels though to match the overall look? Or if the silver Callistos would do? hmmm..

In the video it is a bicolore-type paint scheme.

In the SE the posts aren't painted fore and aft, and the rear-most vertical part of the engine cover isn't painted.

Also, the SE has black rear-views and rear-quarter vents (which the bicolore obviously doesn't have).

Bicolore:

lead6-lamborghini-gallardo-bicolore.jpg

SE:

CIMG8207_(Medium)_(2).JPG

See avatar for my 'credentials'.

Fadi, my apologies. Mtmd is right. I didn't watch the video and judged from the still. In the still it looked like the side was white but you were right.

So anyway my opinion stands. I like the SE look still over the bicolore.

I think black/white looks ugly. Usually those colors work well together, like a white 458 with black roof, however it just doesn't work with the Gallardo. It requires either too much or too little of the car to be a different color. Also, the car has so many straight/sharp angles, it's like dipping half the car in a different color rather than really differentiating or setting off a small part of the car in a different color.

I wouldn't do it.

Fadi, my apologies. Mtmd is right. I didn't watch the video and judged from the still. In the still it looked like the side was white but you were right.

So anyway my opinion stands. I like the SE look still over the bicolore.

I think black/white looks ugly. Usually those colors work well together, like a white 458 with black roof, however it just doesn't work with the Gallardo. It requires either too much or too little of the car to be a different color. Also, the car has so many straight/sharp angles, it's like dipping half the car in a different color rather than really differentiating or setting off a small part of the car in a different color.

I wouldn't do it.

SE looks better, but Id leave alone..

Thanks for the opinions, fellas. Since I can't formulate my own, I will go off of yours and LPs..lol

Strictly personal opinion, but I think it takes a rare car to be able to pull off the 'tuxedo' look.

On the Gallardo, I think the white'black of the SE looks better than the white/black of the bicolore.

gallse6.jpg

5243-3__normal.JPG

15599532.jpg

4212804_large2.jpg

Thanks for the pics, mtmd. I think I am just going to leave it alone after listening to you guys and seeing the pics that mtmd posted.

LamboGator... :eusa_naughty:

I guess I can start looking at wheels but to be honest, there is not one set of wheels I have seen on a Gallardo that I like more than the Callistos.

If you must, SE style with gloss black. But i'll 2nd to just leave it alone. BW is gorgeous, don't go fcuking up a

good thing. :D

Just leave it all stock, wheels included. I think you'll just be wasting money and won't actually like the car any more or less after the fact. It will be different perhaps, but not better imo.

BTW, were you considering a wrap or paint? You can always just spend $1K to wrap it in black and see how it looks. Worst-case you just take it off right away and are out $1K.

Thanks all, appreciate the comments.

So I have decided against the idea thanks to the LP brothers..:) I just get the itch to do things and like Brian said, it will be different but not necessarily better.

Brian, you never got in touch when you were here....

Thanks all, appreciate the comments.

So I have decided against the idea thanks to the LP brothers..:) I just get the itch to do things and like Brian said, it will be different but not necessarily better.

Brian, you never got in touch when you were here....

Yeah, didn't make it out in time when you guys met up on Woodward, and I had to take off again on the 25th. I think I'll be around in the Summer again, so hopefully we can gather a few cars again then.