Performante Weight

DBK

There is a recycling center near my house that has a state certified scale. Paid the $6 and on the scale the Performante weighed 3,820 lbs. With me in it, it was an even 4,000 and clothed I weigh right about 180 so it seems very accurate. How does Lamborghini get away with being so creative with their dry weights? Do the mean dry as in "no fluids and no components that fluid touches in the car"? :lol2:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't even think it sucks. You'd never know the car weighs that much, so who cares what the paper says. It's a fcuking animal and a major blast to drive. Best Gallardo by far.

What's the advertised dry weight for it?

I will be putting my car on the scale Friday, along with a friends LP640. We need to know the exact numbers before we get a little roll on action going.. :icon_mrgreen:

I don't even think it sucks. You'd never know the car weighs that much, so who cares what the paper says. It's a fcuking animal and a major blast to drive. Best Gallardo by far.

Like I said.. Awesome car. My favorite modern Lambo by far. Would be nice if it did weigh less though..

Can't believe there's still confusion on this on L-Power...we should change our domain to "Lambos.aol.com"... :icon_mrgreen:

DRY basically means no fluids in the car. Typically it's 200+ pounds less than the same car in running condition with gas.

Now as for this particular weight, it sounds a little heavy compared to what I would have guessed but the OP didn't tell us how much gas was in the car to begin with, which can make around a 160-pound difference between being totally empty and completely full depending on tank size.

With a half tank of gas, if you had asked me to guess how much a Performonte weighs in the real world my answer would be: "3,750".

So it's not far off, but again, the gas would help accuracy.

Can't believe there's still confusion on this on L-Power...we should change our domain to "Lambos.aol.com"... :icon_mrgreen:

DRY basically means no fluids in the car. Typically it's 200+ pounds less than the same car in running condition with gas.

Now as for this particular weight, it sounds a little heavy compared to what I would have guessed but the OP didn't tell us how much gas was in the car to begin with, which can make around a 160-pound difference between being totally empty and completely full depending on tank size.

With a half tank of gas, if you had asked me to guess how much a Performonte weighs in the real world my answer would be: "3,750".

So it's not far off, but again, the gas would help accuracy.

Everything I've read advertises the dry weight at ~1,485 kilos/3,270 lbs. A gallon of fuel weighs about 7 lbs. The tank is about 21 gallons, so you're talking about 75 lbs of fuel half full. We need to add 75 and 3270 and see what we come up with. Carry the one, minus the 3, divide by 5...nope, that definitely does not equal 3,750. :lol: Even if it was full of fuel, it's still nowhere in the ballpark of 3,270 + 200.

It's not a big deal, I just find it funny. It's the same as the Aventador having a "curb weight" of 3,470 and then having it show up at 4,042 on a real scale.

Like I said.. Awesome car. My favorite modern Lambo by far. Would be nice if it did weigh less though..

Everything I've read advertises the dry weight at ~1,485 kilos/3,270 lbs. A gallon of fuel weighs about 7 lbs. The tank is about 21 gallons, so you're talking about 75 lbs of fuel half full. We need to add 75 and 3270 and see what we come up with. Carry the one, minus the 3, divide by 5...nope, that definitely does not equal 3,750. :lol: Even if it was full of fuel, it's still nowhere in the ballpark of 3,270 + 200.

It's not a big deal, I just find it funny. It's the same as the Aventador having a "curb weight" of 3,470 and then having it show up at 4,042 on a real scale.

Some of the confusion people have is that it's not just a formula of "dry published weight plus gas" as you alluded to above, which is why these numbers vary so dramatically.

As a typical example, they use Euro-reg cars for their official weights, which typically have significantly less emission gear equipped versus a US car, along with a variety of other differences.

My specific guess was based on the board seeing several American LP560 coupes weighed on reliable scales and coming in around 3,600 pounds with half a tank of gas. Add in 150-200 pounds for the structural reinforments the Spyders get and voila, you have the '3,750' estimate.

As far as the LP700 goes, that's also a dry weight on a Euro-spec car. Add back in the fluids, emission gear for NA, etc, and boom, it's up to a wet weight of 3,850. Add in gas and we're at 4,000. :icon_thumleft:

Not really a mystery, and not the factory fudging weights so much as geographic differences and lack of disclosure by most exotic manufactuers about how they derive their published weight figures.

Still better than the old days decades ago, where Ferrari would claim a car's weight without major running gear on it like wheels, tires, etc. :icon_mrgreen:

Love the Performonte btw, you should post up pics DBK. :monkeyleft:

No surprise really. Spec wars has been going on for years.

Slightly off topic but manufacturers of home theatre projectors are doing the exact same thing on brightness, contrast ratio, fan noise etc... In the past, brightness & contrast ratio were measured across the entire projection image (i.e the whole screen). In the last few years, they pick 5 spots on the screen (usually slightly off the 4 screen corners plus the centre) and measure from there and then claim the brightest & the highest contrast ratio out of the 5. And fan noise measurement is now done in "late night mode" (hence, the least bright with slowest fan setting). Likewise for DSLR's: why would anyone want to take a pic with an ISO sensitivity at 12800?!

I agree the car is heavy, my Scuderia is way faster to 60, 100, 120, etc. Change out the exhaust and convert to 2WD and you pick up 20hp, and lose 200 lbs. Now you are about equal to the SL coupe in power to weight.

I agree the car is heavy, my Scuderia is way faster to 60, 100, 120, etc. Change out the exhaust and convert to 2WD and you pick up 20hp, and lose 200 lbs. Now you are about equal to the SL coupe in power to weight.

Scuderia faster? Ya no..

Scuderia faster? Ya no..

Uh, yes it is. Worst 0-60, without launch control is 3.5 seconds. Performante is 3.9 to 62 mph or 100 kph, or no better than 3.7 to 60. Scuderia is 11.6 1/4 mile without launch control at 127 mph. Performante cannot even touch this. I have both, I think I should know.

Scuderia weight no more that 3200 lbs., Performante weights 3800. At 6 lbs. / hp average, Performante would need 100 more hp than the Scuderia. Only has 59 more hp.

http://media.caranddriver.com/files/2009-f...rison-tests.pdf

lets see a scud run 11.6 @ 127 MPH in the real world, no way....

Uh, yes it is. Worst 0-60, without launch control is 3.5 seconds. Performante is 3.9 to 62 mph or 100 kph, or no better than 3.7 to 60. Scuderia is 11.6 1/4 mile without launch control at 127 mph. Performante cannot even touch this. I have both, I think I should know.

Scuderia weight no more that 3200 lbs., Performante weights 3800. At 6 lbs. / hp average, Performante would need 100 more hp than the Scuderia. Only has 59 more hp.

Keep dreaming and reading those magazines..

Since you have both, maybe you can get a video of both of them running side by side from 50-140 mph and see what happens. Capture it on video and show us the results. I for one would like to see how they stack up, and given they are both paddle shifts, that negates driver error.

Real world, lol, here is another, 11.2 with launch control, and yes the US cars have launch control, just have to know how to access it:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/exotic...st/viewall.html

Thanks for showing us your real world test results of a Scud being tested at Fiorano, going downhill... Clown..

Thanks for showing us your real world test results of a Scud being tested at Fiorano, going downhill... Clown..

F O there bud. Show me a real world one for the Performante. I have shown you two for the Scuderia, with exactly how each was launched.

Don't worry, I won't try to claim my SCUD is faster than my incoming SV, because it isn't.

Funny, even though I own both, you guys are simply pro-Lambo, yet not one has shown any test results for the Performante.

I have driven the same stretch in both cars, and marked spots on the freeway, the Scuderia hits a higher speed every time.

Until I see a time slip, or test, I will stick with my facts, and you guys stick to your biased opinions.