Arnage T

azmurciev12

The T is the spicy version of the R. Forget the Azure --- huge & heavy boat with a chassis basically from the mid-20th century with its top chopped off; you know where that leads to. It makes one looks good cruising down Rodeo Drive or drive home from an opera; beyond that, not much else.

While I am also a fan of the Arnage; opulence, majestic and simply oozes class that not even the Mulsanne or the Phantom can duplicate (close but no cigar especially on the wood and leather); their reliability is an issue and its electronics are outright questionable. Old-school British cars were never strong on electronics and the Arnage epitomizes the failed attempt on stuffing as many modern electronics as possible into a car that was never designed to house such gizmos. The results are nothing ever functions 100% or it simply has a mind of its own. In my case, I once test drove a T from the dealership that started perfectly and everything felt normal but once shifted in gear, there was absolutely no throttle response; stepped on the gas pedal and nothing happened. Everyone was dumbfounded until the service manager said to turn off the car, wait 10sec and start it again. True enough, it worked afterward! Would you trust a car like that especially when it has that kind of power and mass? Moreover, you know not to touch such a car when the authorized Bentley senior service advisor quietly tells you to stay away from it as they had never come across a T or a R that did not have electronic gremlins.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their reliability is an issue and its electronics are outright questionable. Old-school British cars were never strong on electronics and the Arnage epitomizes the failed attempt on stuffing as many modern electronics as possible into a car that was never designed to house such gizmos.

i was going to mention the same thing. the mechanic that used to service my cars scratches his head on the electronic gremlims he sees with the arnages that he services. he told it's very nice but too many issues with electronics.

as for the complete no throttle response and have to turn off (reset) the car, i experience that from rarely on my '94 MB e500. i think it's related to the traction control system but never got it figured out. i just turn off the car for 1o seconds and start it again. it works right away. i know it sucks but never bothered as the car is so old and i very rarely use it. however, on an arnage i would be worried.

well another bad news about the car from another reliable source. sucks!

Can you even buy an extended warranty for these anymore? That Mulliner interior is out of this world. Weighs so much it probably does fine in the winter. I have yet to find another car with an interior quite like that and the quilted diamond leather.

I just remember sitting in an Arnage in the showroom, then moving to a Phantom. The Bentley just blew me away and I felt at home in that interior. And then I reached for the price tag - (at the time) - three hundred something thousand....

My Arnage T had no issues.. I think key is finding a car that has been used and well maintained. As of late Ive yet again been looking at these cars.

Same wheel base. They made an RL which was the R limousine or long but the standard R & T are the same chassis.

Thanks for the correction, my old school Bentley knowledge is slipping. :icon_mrgreen:

The T is the spicy version of the R. Forget the Azure --- huge & heavy boat with a chassis basically from the mid-20th century with its top chopped off; you know where that leads to. It makes one looks good cruising down Rodeo Drive or drive home from an opera; beyond that, not much else.

While I am also a fan of the Arnage; opulence, majestic and simply oozes class that not even the Mulsanne or the Phantom can duplicate (close but no cigar especially on the wood and leather); their reliability is an issue and its electronics are outright questionable.

Wow, that's crazy....a little disappointing as I love the looks of the Mulsanne and Phantom and would have pegged those cars as home runs in every way.

Perhaps the Brooklands has it all?

My Arnage T had no issues.. I think key is finding a car that has been used and well maintained. As of late Ive yet again been looking at these cars.

Good to know. The Arnage T looks to stay fresh styling wise longer than the Turbo R cars of the '90s...

Perhaps a sign from above :-) On my way home from a client tonight one of these pulled up next to me, then in front of me. Black, dark tint, pre-facelift, very nice. Had a tail light out though... Guy then got off at my exit. Man, the odds of that... The car looks amazing on the road, it just glides effortlessly.

That's a lot of car for the money.

Would take that over an SLS, without blinking.

:iamwithstupid:

I think the Brooklands is coolest car Bentley has made in a long time.

:iamwithstupid:

I think the Brooklands is coolest car Bentley has made in a long time.

I agree, nothing touches these cars in respect to interior coachwork.

So I test drove a 07 Arnage mulliner 2 today. It was an extended drive, I took my wife and 15 month son.

Not going to sugar quote it the car looks old, not in a bad way just pocket squares and cuff links old. Mind you I'm looking for a daily driver, and I'm rocking linen shorts and havianas. Total mismatch. The nav unit is dog shit, and insult to injury is the Nokia phone in the console.

That's literally the worst of it, once you look beyond that this car is private jet status. Piano wood for miles, more turned aluminum than 10 mulliner flying spurs combined. Press the start button and the world war era engine hums to life. It's not obnoxious but almost like a diesel tank. It just hums. Put it in drive and instantly you become Alladin on his magic carpet. Your steering input has to be deliberate cause this tank only wants to go straight.

Toque for days. Turn traction control off and you'll generate more smoke than a hooka bar in Tehran. From a stop in sport mode it launches, with zero drama. It's almost scary, wife's in the back instagraming sons drinking milk and we just pulled a 0-60 in 5 secs and they are non the wiser.

Here's my crux, can I drive this daily and not feel like a chauffeur. All the really fun bits were in the back, cooler, trays and curtains. The nav sucks, no gizmos and drives like a lowered suburban with super chargers. But then that smell, that toque, the coach work, those classic lines.

As soon as we left we went to the Benz dealer, I needed a litmus test and the 2012 S63 was it. I sat in, turned it on and didn't make it past the front gate.

So I test drove a 07 Arnage mulliner 2 today. It was an extended drive, I took my wife and 15 month son.

Not going to sugar quote it the car looks old, not in a bad way just pocket squares and cuff links old. Mind you I'm looking for a daily driver, and I'm rocking linen shorts and havianas. Total mismatch. The nav unit is dog shit, and insult to injury is the Nokia phone in the console.

That's literally the worst of it, once you look beyond that this car is private jet status. Piano wood for miles, more turned aluminum than 10 mulliner flying spurs combined. Press the start button and the world war era engine hums to life. It's not obnoxious but almost like a diesel tank. It just hums. Put it in drive and instantly you become Alladin on his magic carpet. Your steering input has to be deliberate cause this tank only wants to go straight.

Toque for days. Turn traction control off and you'll generate more smoke than a hooka bar in Tehran. From a stop in sport mode it launches, with zero drama. It's almost scary, wife's in the back instagraming sons drinking milk and we just pulled a 0-60 in 5 secs and they are non the wiser.

Here's my crux, can I drive this daily and not feel like a chauffeur. All the really fun bits were in the back, cooler, trays and curtains. The nav sucks, no gizmos and drives like a lowered suburban with super chargers. But then that smell, that toque, the coach work, those classic lines.

As soon as we left we went to the Benz dealer, I needed a litmus test and the 2012 S63 was it. I sat in, turned it on and didn't make it past the front gate.

Im flying down to make sure you don't make any "no gas cap, no keys, no test drive till you wire funds purchase", don't move!

Car is hot, I don't know if you will get over the lack of tech though.

Im flying down to make sure you don't make any "no gas cap, no keys, no test drive till you wire funds purchase", don't move!

Car is hot, I don't know if you will get over the lack of tech though.

You fcuking asshole, I'm not letting you push this back two years.

The S63 was that bad in comparison? I don't get the whole limo feel of those cars...I would daily a phantom and that would never cross my mind. Looking forward to seeing what you get for a daily either way!

You fcuking asshole, I'm not letting you push this back two years.

A friend found a rr ghost w 2000 miles for 100k off msrp I think at Rusnak. But you know what car is really impressive in sport lux. The new Audi s8. All the power and gadgets to make you feel like Jason Staham as the transporter with plenty of lux for wife and baby.

Your welcome for what is in your garage today

Seriously, he should be kissing your ass for keeping him out of that shitbomb!

A friend found a rr ghost w 2000 miles for 100k off msrp I think at Rusnak. But you know what car is really impressive in sport lux. The new Audi s8. All the power and gadgets to make you feel like Jason Staham as the transporter with plenty of lux for wife and baby.

I would be all over that ghost if its real.

Isn't the S8 going to run another $30k on top of an 07 Arnage though?

I'm more value shopping than price

I would go for the S8 or the new S Class, I'd buy the Bentley as a third car if I were passionate about it.

The thing that annoys me the most with the "older" cars are the gadgets, even though the car is only 6 or 7 years old the advancement in technology and design make the gadgets look like they were developed and built during the Stone Age, since I am a sucker for the latest and greatest I could not live with that.

I would go for the S8 or the new S Class, I'd buy the Bentley as a third car if I were passionate about it.

The thing that annoys me the most with the "older" cars are the gadgets, even though the car is only 6 or 7 years old the advancement in technology and design make the gadgets look like they were developed and built during the Stone Age, since I am a sucker for the latest and greatest I could not live with that.

In the Arnage it's easy to upgrade the head unit.