This weekend

capt_chaos

There is a lady I know of. She is 86 years old, 60 years ago at the age of 26, her father died and she was obliged to take over the family business. Since then she has tirelessly worked her demanding role, she held the company together whilst raising a large family and donating her time to hundreds of charities and good causes, she's never abused her situation, she cares not for racism or ageism, and after 60 years in her job she shows no signs of resting on her laurels or resigning her role. She hasn't had a pay rise in 20 years, she pays her income tax and capital gains tax, and unlike lots of other households that seek benefits for this, and handouts for that..... This little old lady, this tireless worker, this kind and noble grandmother only costs me 69pence a year to look after. I for one am very happy to raise a glass and fly a little flag for that lady......

queen_2162498b.jpg

I'm hoping she sticks around a while longer. Not being a subject I still love her I don't see how anyone cannot.

Fun fact: 2 of her PM's were born during her reign.

Fun fact 1 : She has given her subjects Monday and Tuesdays off.

Fun fact 2 : She and her family love attending ceremonial events to spot the mistakes

Fun fact 3 : When a mistake has occurred she discusses it in French with Philip

Fun fact 4 : Despite each tax payer paying a paltry 69pence she actually brings more money into the country through tourism and along with her family introduce and entice trade into the country.

Does anyone else see an advertisement on the middle of this thread?

Edit: Nevemind, I just saw the annoying ad placement thread.

I see an ad right after capt's first post.

Something about some clean water or something. I may buy some, I'm easily sold on stuff.

EDIT: Just read the ad and they want me to donate some clean water. I would have to buy some first and I don't see an ad for that so you can see my dilemma.

What a girl! How did she know I needed an extra 2 days off this week. Heading down to the drink on Sunday to give her a wave as she cruises past.

Charles is a sartorial don. Honestly I am a big fan of his mature dress sense. Plus he drives a Aston Martin fuelled by wine.

I am a fan of the Queen but Charles on the other hand i could live without. And, i don't agree he is sartorial Don lol. He stills wears double breasted suits that have been out of style 20 years ago.

I am a fan of the Queen but Charles on the other hand i could live without. And, i don't agree he is sartorial Don lol. He stills wears double breasted suits that have been out of style 20 years ago.

Hell naw; LOL

As an expatraiated Brit I say LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!

BTW: I still like a good double breasted suit.

And can someone figure out a way to leap frog succession over from Charles to Prince Phillip!!??

They back in for Gentlemen of a more mature age. Otherwise they end up looking like they are trying to be Simon Cowell and no one wants that especially if you are someone that is regal and a touch paunchy.

They back in for Gentlemen of a more mature age...... regal and a touch paunchy.

Double breasted is SCREAMING my name

Double breasted is SCREAMING my name

Do it and report back Mr Pegs!

Meanwhile

The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart take on the flotilla

TBH the news outlets that covered that event really were milking superlatives when there was no need to deliver any.

Then last night there was a concert of which I caught bits and pieces.

One bit of mental was Grace Jones

The only other bit I saw worth a mention was Madness and the graphics they projected onto Buckingham Palace.

Charles Speech

God save the Queen!

( And Dear God don't let Charles take over)

:iamwithstupid:

What about the yellow shoes? :icon_mrgreen: :icon_super:

:iamwithstupid:

What about the yellow shoes? :icon_mrgreen: :icon_super:

You have a problem with my yellow shoes? Don't tell me you are like NA men who are insecure about their sexuality and wouldn't dare wear anything that is not black or brown.

You have a problem with my yellow shoes? Don't tell me you are like NA men who are insecure about their sexuality and wouldn't dare wear anything that is not black or brown.

Not only does slowpoke wear only black and brown, I seem to recall he even bought a shit colored brown looking 911 once!

Charles has been a tireless promoter of classical architecture and a thorn in the side of the elitist modernist architects who think their way or the highway is the only way to go, so I like him for that.

Suits are timeless IMO, although the double-breasted suit is very British-looking I think. Personally, I love the three-piece suit.