1994 Red Diablo on Ebay @ $55K no reserve.....

bxtech

This one looks and sounds like a nice example. Bidding is currently at $55K with no reserve. Could possibly end up being a great deal if the bidding ends right. What do you guys think??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...=item3cc8496b81

Anyone know the history of this car? Doesn't this belong (or used to belong) to a member here?? I remember seeing the Washington "RAGNBUL" plate posted somewhere on a previous thread.

There's no telling. I wouldn't fall for the no reserve though. He'll yank it if it doesn't get allot higher than that. Unless it should be priced that low. It looks great though.

There's no telling. I wouldn't fall for the no reserve though. He'll yank it if it doesn't get allot higher than that. Unless it should be priced that low. It looks great though.

Car looks nice. HOWEVER, if you read the dealer's tale of its history, of which in reality he knows almost nothing, he states the car has had a history of use, which he states is a good thing. And generally it is. Current owner of a little less than five years bought the car in 12/07 with 41,923 miles and it currently has 44,900 miles or about 3,000 miles in five years. Sure not alot of current use.

What is further interesting, dealer states the Alfa repair shop that looked over the car "believes" the 30,000 mile service was done but not the 45,000 mile one. This vehicle hit 30,000 miles in about late 2001 per Carfax and Autocheck reports. That was ELEVEN years ago.

That Alfa guy has a greater eye than I think I will ever have, or...... And, of course, no maintenance records. Another great surprise!!!

So, looks like we have the usual it looks cheap until we lift the hood and find years of "deferred" maintenance. Do you think a full full PPI is in order? Will the sun rise tomorrow?

The above car aside, and two other low priced Diablos I recently looked at, I want to commend those dealers on here and the other sites, that go the distance and buy very good A or B+ cars that have full docs and records with receipts, go over the cars and look

for issues AND FIX THEM, represent them fairly, stand behind their offering, and, although priced fully, give the customer good value.

I am very very quickly seeing it's pay me now or pay me later twice. Good news is this site and the others like it provide us with the opportunity to get great information, interact with real owners, and, if we let it all sink in and not be hasty, the education to buy a good car. I know it is all not perfect even in the best of situations.

And I am NOT knocking the red Diablo. Rather, I believe, the bargain purchase price is just the beginning. As the dealer/seller of the car hinted, get ready to let your VISA take a hit or two or three or... And the real problem then is what exactly is your final purchase price?

Seems to be a few "nicely" priced Diablos showing up on eBay... IF (big IF) they are in decent condition. Maybe this one is priced because of the miles?

Google search finds that the car has had contact with CatsExotics (~35k miles)...?

and http://www.lp112.com/Lamborghini/Detail.as...9DU07P9RLA12256

soldxpress.com claims it was sold for $148k when it had ~23k miles (can't find a date though, and not an "Anniversary Edition")

If Diablo that are decent drivers keep popping up in this range, I may have to sell a kidney to be able to pull the trigger :rolleyes:

At any rate just over $60k w/

Info I can add here as the car is in my back yard...I sold/borkered this car about 5-6 years ago out of Lamborghini Dallas to the current owner Robert here in Seattle, he works for Boeing. Always kept the car up to date with service on his own, bought service parts from me through out the tears, installed a quick SIlver Exhuast on it...he was a very capabble tech and the car was always in tip top condition. No accidents or paint.

About 18 months ago, a Divorce started. The court ordered the car held in storage till a price could be fixed on it for the "settelment Kitty". I was asked to place a number on it, however the female side raised a Red Flag in court saying I would be biased as I was friends with the Male half. The court agreed....oh well...

The 2 weeks ago, the court ordered it to be sold, proceedes to go to the fund for division. I wanted to market the car...heck even buy it...but the court placed the car with the current Vendor...he deals mostly in Classic Cars. I know him and he is pretty straigh up guy. The court set a MIN price at $55k..he gets a portion of the sale regardless of the final price.

I wanted to buy it...but after all the back and forth BS with the female side and the courts, just not worth getting in the middle..

It is a very very nice car and IMO is worth every penny of $75K plus...

Roy

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Was this the VT that was initially a gift to some country singer by his wife?

...he's singing the blues now.....;)

Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

...he's singing the blues now.....;)

Shamile

ROFLMAO!! Good one!

Spoke to dealer........car will not go into gear..may need clutch. Will need also a full fluid service, A/C repair, ect.... I would guess about 15 k min. to get it right. Just my opinion....I have not seen or driven the car.

Seems the last owner was a do it your selfer that was just delaying the inevitable engine out service. So much for the dealer's mechanics thumbs up approval.

Maybe the classic car guys were having to much fun with the car and burned the clutch. Why doesn't he just put a buy it now

of 50K on it and be done with it. Roy said he making money on the car either way.

The dealer said he is getting a PPI done on the car. Hopefully, it is not being done by the same guy who gave it the clean bill of health( with the exception of those 6 very minor issues)

It's back with some additional information and a BIN price that seems pretty good. It needs work, but for $65,000 it may be priced accordingly.

I've always wondered this about Diablos so I am just going to go ahead and ask? Why do they have the odd shaped rear wheel arch? Is there a technical reason (I.E. only way to get rear tire off) or was it just designed that way. Always struck me as funny looking.

Looks and sounds like a great deal! Car looks clean in the pics too! I'd definitely jump on it if I was in the market!

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Lambor...=item3cc8eaf2b3

Anybody know what happened to this Diablo? There was bidding on it, then the following AM the ad was yanked again. If it sold locally, anybody know what it sold for? Trying to keep track of these #2 cars and their sales prices. Trying to get Roy Cats poster off the garage wall and own one of these! Thanks for any info.

He was asking $64,9000, and the bid was at $56,000 when it was pulled, so the assumption is it sold for somehwere around $65,000. You should just call the seller.