Lamborghini builds 1,000th Aventador

q8ylambo

Bought by a German architect

Lamborghini has built their 1,000th Aventador LP 700-4.

The Argos Orange supercar was personally delivered to German architect Hans Scheidecker by Lamborghini President and CEO Stephan Winkelmann.

The Aventador managed to sell 1,000 units in a year and three months, which is pretty impressive considering it took two years and five months to build the 1,000th Murciélago. More notably, the company has enough orders for the next 18 months of production.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/112071946452/l...r#ixzz219ZDFwGT

winkilmen.jpg

The question I have is, how long is the production of the Aventador? Mine was delivered about 2-and-a-half months ago and it is in the 700's. I know they had at least 50-100 built when it was launched. They say 4000 is the total run. So, they have already completed 25%.

Yea... numbers are going fast but this is just the initial demand. I suspect the demand will fall off a bit, bump again with roadster but settle down again, esp. as other manufacturers come out with their answer to the Aventador. I am sure Lambo will milk the Aventador line as long as they can--can't blame them.

Yea... numbers are going fast but this is just the initial demand. I suspect the demand will fall off a bit, bump again with roadster but settle down again, esp. as other manufacturers come out with their answer to the Aventador. I am sure Lambo will milk the Aventador line as long as they can--can't blame them.

I agree 100%. I want them to milk it. I think it is the closest thing to a perfect sports car ever made. I just found out the plan is an 8 year life cycle for the Aventador. I hope they keep the rawness despite the complaints of some elder british auto reviewers who have back pains due to their own health issues and have no interest in a feel behind the wheel.

Back at the unveil in NYC they initially said 4,000 total. They only had 8 molds for the CF Chassis and said the molds were only good for 500 uses. Obviously they could have more molds made but that was the numbers they threw our way.

10,000 units is good for Lamborghini and a used buyer. 4000 units is better for the brand and for someone purchasing it new. For a car as expensive as the Aventador the resell will probably bomb. Even though it's liked by many people there just won't be enough demand. I suspect by 4000 units they mean for the lp700 and then they'll get more molds for the lp 760 or whatever comes out next.

10,000 units is good for Lamborghini and a used buyer. 4000 units is better for the brand and for someone purchasing it new. For a car as expensive as the Aventador the resell will probably bomb. Even though it's liked by many people there just won't be enough demand. I suspect by 4000 units they mean for the lp700 and then they'll get more molds for the lp 760 or whatever comes out next.

:iamwithstupid:

I totally agree, 2 sets of molds 8,000 to 10,000 units. It's gonna kill resale values. Makes you wonder how many of the Gallardo replacement they intend to sell....

:iamwithstupid:

I totally agree, 2 sets of molds 8,000 to 10,000 units. It's gonna kill resale values. Makes you wonder how many of the Gallardo replacement they intend to sell....

That's the million dollar question, especially since the Gallardo has been Lambo's financial bread & butter for last 9 years...

The question I have is, how long is the production of the Aventador? Mine was delivered about 2-and-a-half months ago and it is in the 700's. I know they had at least 50-100 built when it was launched. They say 4000 is the total run. So, they have already completed 25%.

This is Lambo we're talking about...they'll build as many as they can sell.

They will make 4000. No chance of 8k. The reason they hit 1k so fast was the fact that they had a few hundred built before the official release even happened.

Gone are the '70s, '80s, and even '90s when Lambo was truly a small volume manufacturer.

How many Murcis were built? I say take that # and tack on 10%.

They will make 4000. No chance of 8k. The reason they hit 1k so fast was the fact that they had a few hundred built before the official release even happened.

Lamborghini has never shown any discipline in controlling inventories and keeping up secondary market prices. They have always sold as many as they can, so I don't see why the Avendator would be any different. Assuming the life cycle of the vehicle is 8 to 10 years, I don't see how they cannot exceed that number. It's selling at almost twice the rate of that the Murci initially did and they claim they have a order book full for the next 18 months. It may not be 8,000 to 10,000 units but there will be demand for more than 4,000 units. The supercar business is so up and down, you might as well make hay while there is sunshine...

Ok, I'll check back 8000 cars later when the Aventador "Spirit of Bangkok" Mach III edition has just been released.

Gone are the '70s, '80s, and even '90s when Lambo was truly a small volume manufacturer.

How many Murcis were built? I say take that # and tack on 10%.

4,099 were made according to Wikipedia (take it for what that's worth). The Avendator is selling at almost twice the pace the Murci did.

Keep in mind all the Murci really was, was an updated Diablo chassis so I am sure people knowing that depressed demand somewhat. Whereas the Aventador truly is a ground up new car, new engine, trans etc.

Ok, I'll check back 8000 cars later when the Aventador "Spirit of Bangkok" Mach III edition has just been released.

HAHA! Not gonna happen with this car.

4,099 were made according to Wikipedia (take it for what that's worth). The Avendator is selling at almost twice the pace the Murci did.

Keep in mind all the Murci really was, was an updated Diablo chassis so I am sure people knowing that depressed demand somewhat. Whereas the Aventador truly is a ground up new car, new engine, trans etc.

Correct.

4099 Murcielago is an enormous number for a car that wasn't so good looking as the first Diablo as was basically just an improved Diablo with a worse shape.

If you put aside the first Murcielago and the LP700, you will wondering why they sold just 1000 Aventador up to now... the reason is just one: they reached the plant production capacity. They really cannot follow the market request, despite a lot of efforts they are doing to raise the production rate.

ciao

Correct.

4099 Murcielago is an enormous number for a car that wasn't so good looking as the first Diablo as was basically just an improved Diablo with a worse shape.

If you put aside the first Murcielago and the LP700, you will wondering why they sold just 1000 Aventador up to now... the reason is just one: they reached the plant production capacity. They really cannot follow the market request, despite a lot of efforts they are doing to raise the production rate.

ciao

Yes, but the good news is the platform. With the Aventador, Lamborghini has developed a chassis and engine that can go on to the next model and still be ahead of the pack. So, when they sell 4,000 they can move on to the next with less R&D and less testing since they will not need to recertify the chassis or engine.

The gallardo replacement had to wait for the new R8 chassis. The G successor is more of an Audi product, so it is at the mercy of Audi's production schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Also the Murci didnt really get Asian sales till the SV. Majority of Aventadors are going to Asia this time which is attributing to the faster rate of sale of the AV. Also, Asian buyers dont have the second hand market as other established markets.

Also the Murci didnt really get Asian sales till the SV. Majority of Aventadors are going to Asia this time which is attributing to the faster rate of sale of the AV. Also, Asian buyers dont have the second hand market as other established markets.

Long time no see. How's the LP640 going? any mods to it? stories?

• 9 months later...
he 2000th Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 rolled off the production line yesterday at the company’s headquarters in Sant’###### Bolognese, North-Eastern Italy. In July 2012, the 1000th Aventador rolled off the production line, that means that in only two years since its conception, the Aventador has been produced in excess of 2000 units.

Compared to its predecessor the Lamborghini Murcielargo, the Aventador has been produced at double the rate of the Murcielago. The Murcielago hit the 2000th mark in 2006, after it was launched in 2001, meaning it took nearly five years to reach that mark. But again, we are not surprised are we? From the various supercar news and events we feature on here, the Aventador appears to be ever present!

The 2000th Aventador is destined for the US and will be for Thaddeus Arroyo, Chief Intelligence Officer for AT&T. He also owns a Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Spyder and was impressed by the Aventador at an event in Palm Beach.

The Sant’###### plant makes around 5 Aventadors per day. Introduced in 2011, the Aventador had a target of 4000 units and so far they have reached halfway. What happens when the Aventador production reaches the target of 4000 units within 2,5-3 years is unclear.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/06/07/2000th-...tador-produced/

I remember the slide for the unveil in NYC. 8 molds EACH capable of producing 500 CF tubs before they need to be destroyed. They were going to cap Coupe production at 4000 units.

I am not sure how the roadster production plays in to this but it leaves a whole lot of unanswered questions.