Modern day future classics thread.

Robster Craws

I think some very limited special editions will go up in value.

The cars I see maintaining their value, or more likely dropping then eventually being appreciated a few years from now are the single clutch cars that have a feel and experience.

Regular production cars made in numbers that aim for perfection (Ferrari, McLaren) will have value but they will be replaced with even better cars from those brands. Cars with personality; Porsches, Lambos, Nobles, they will always have the character that each version has, which will be the drivers appeal. I even think with 12k or what ever they have made, Gallardos will always have a special place. Same with 430. Golden cars because they have a lot of technology but they still have a raw feel that is unique to both brands/models.

IMO, Older cars have more character in general. The pursuit of perfection just isn't fun and always leaves room for improvement. The pursuit of a feel and emotion in a car lends itself more to classics.

That just my opinion. I think looks and character are what matter. The Zonda is the king of this era.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That just my opinion. I think looks and character are what matter. The Zonda is the king of this era.

If i could have brought a Zonda to Canada without having to run it with dealer plates, i would have done it long time ago. I absolutely love the car. Have to wait 15 years now.

If i could have brought a Zonda to Canada without having to run it with dealer plates, i would have done it long time ago. I absolutely love the car. Have to wait 15 years now.

I would buy a Zonda in 15 minutes (or how ever long it takes to wire the money) if I could drive it legally in the USA. What an amazing work of art.

Only another couple years until the first C12s are admissible into Canada. I know of someone who is actively looking for the right C12 now. His plan is to have Pagani update the car to basically bring it to F spec and wait out the clock until his C12 VIN'd car can be imported... Start looking now :D

His plan is to have Pagani update the car to basically bring it to F spec and wait out the clock until his C12 VIN'd car can be imported... Start looking now :D

Pagani will upgrade any Zonda to F specs, visually and mechanically, I found that out a while ago, there was a very early Zonda for sale on classic driver that had been updated by the factory to F specs, it had before&after pics. I thought that was a really cool thing to be offered by the factory.

Only another couple years until the first C12s are admissible into Canada. I know of someone who is actively looking for the right C12 now. His plan is to have Pagani update the car to basically bring it to F spec and wait out the clock until his C12 VIN'd car can be imported... Start looking now :D

That is an awesome idea, i didn't know they did that. I have been talking to them about the huyara and there is a 2 year waiting list. You gave me some very good insight. Thank you.

Pagani will upgrade any Zonda to F specs, visually and mechanically, I found that out a while ago, there was a very early Zonda for sale on classic driver that had been updated by the factory to F specs, it had before&after pics. I thought that was a really cool thing to be offered by the factory.

Pagani has a develpoment car at the factory that was built in 1998 (chassis no.2) and it is converted to the latest 760RS specs. It has covered over 1,000,000km.

Pagani-Zonda-750.jpg

That is an awesome idea, i didn't know they did that. I have been talking to them about the huyara and there is a 2 year waiting list. You gave me some very good insight. Thank you.

The first C12s were built in 1999, good luck. :)

Was going to suggest this as well. Bottom line is you're waiting 2 years anyways (the earliest C12s are 99s which makes them admissible in 2014). So, do you wait 2 years for a kitted out early model C12 or just go the full beans and get a brand new Huayra? I bet converting an early C12 to full F spec (depending on how full bore you wanted to go) would be similar in price to a new Huayra.

Was going to suggest this as well. Bottom line is you're waiting 2 years anyways (the earliest C12s are 99s which makes them admissible in 2014). So, do you wait 2 years for a kitted out early model C12 or just go the full beans and get a brand new Huayra? I bet converting an early C12 to full F spec (depending on how full bore you wanted to go) would be similar in price to a new Huayra.

Like everything else, it depends what you want.

In the case I referred to, he had been thinking Huayra only because he thought it was the only way he could obtain something from his favorite manufacturer... Once I mentioned this Zonda idea, he dumped the Huayra and has been Zonda hunting ever since. I should maybe keep this quiet though - there's only a handful of C12s out there and we don't want too many Canadians hunting the same cars :D

In the case I referred to, he had been thinking Huayra only because he thought it was the only way he could obtain something from his favorite manufacturer... Once I mentioned this Zonda idea, he dumped the Huayra and has been Zonda hunting ever since. I should maybe keep this quiet though - there's only a handful of C12s out there and we don't want too many Canadians hunting the same cars :D

There actually is a Zonda F Club Sport that should be up for sale very soon...

Enough already. SHHHHHHHHHHHHH :icon_mrgreen:

There actually is a Zonda F Club Sport that should be up for sale very soon...

That doesn't do "us" any good... Canada allows ANY car over 15 years old to be imported with virtually no restrictions. The first Zonda C12s will be 15 years old in a couple years. An F Club Sport won't be for a long time yet.

The plan hatched so far is to get an early Zonda and then send it back to the factory to have Pagani up date the car with whatever "F" bits and pieces the new owner wants... The car will still carry the C12 VIN that indicates it's ~15 years old, but has all the nice new toys :D

But now I've said too much ;)

Looks like an SLR sterling moss to me

Thanks! Completely forgot about that car. It reminded me of an early MB SLR concept car. Looks good!

Will a Zonda ever be able to be imported into the US? The F is my favorite by far.

Yes, the only crappy part is you will have to wait 25 years before it's legal to import :jackoff: Unless you import it as a "show car" in which case you can only put about 1000 miles on it per year and and need to provide proper documentation

1000 miles per year = 80 miles per month/ 20 miles per week?

you can't really drive it for long trips.

weekend beach car that is.