Mario Andretti Countach At George Evans

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't checked this thread since you first started it, and certainly wasn't expecting all of this when I entered now. You're essentially building a new car. Ha!

I'm not a Countach guy, but appreciate the heritage. Maybe I'll become a convert when I see your completed car.

George does fantastic work and is a straight-up guy. You'll be more than pleased Allan. The car is coming a long great. If i stop into Columbus I may just sneak a peak at it. ;)

That really was an excellent low-down on what to expect Allan. Searching for CT's for two years, I found the exact same things to be true. I'm not slamming the cars at all when I say that the more I looked, the more I came to realize that every car was a project to some extent, no matter how it was described. The "cleanest" cars were at least 30k, if not 100k away from livable. I passed by the ad for this Countach, and took a swag at what it would take to care for it properly...so it was cool reading your description to see how good my guesses were. Sure, a good bit of it elective, but even better -- an ounce of prevention equals...victory. Looks like a great car that has a whole new lease on life since you adopted it.

You are 100% correct. There was a another car I was looking at, and even put in an offer on but was rejected. It was a red/blacck 87 Countach somehwere in texas. It was described as a time capsule, and the asking price was 139K. It had similarly low miles, and relatively no service history. The car did look good, but in the pictures you could see the interior showed signs of aging, the paint had massive spider cracks, especially across the roof, and other general Countach blemishes, like cracks by the raised intakes. It too had the hideous bumpers. This was just what you could see from the pics, mechanicly Im sure it would need attention aswell. Im told it was sold for 135k. Even if everything else on the car was perfect, the suspension was not sagging, the motor, clutch a/c etc ready to go... Youd still be looking at euro conversion, full paint, and new tires... Prob 30-35K, and thats if everything else was perfect which is doubtfull. Not to mention, even if it was perfect, how long would it stay that way when you started actually driving the car?

carbs=gay :bj:

Then tie me up naked and drop me at the gay bar cuz I love da carbs!

Also, from my understanding this motor will be slightly modified, correct?

If so, I will be looking forward to the youtube clip with that exhaust on it. It's gotta sound different.

Allan, I think you have done the ideal work to own a Countach and truly enjoy it.

Will you be doing the sealant in white or black?

Best

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

I wonder how many times did Allan watch Cannonball while waiting for this build. :D

Also, from my understanding this motor will be slightly modified, correct?

If so, I will be looking forward to the youtube clip with that exhaust on it. It's gotta sound different.

The car will have modified cam settings, ported heads, quicksilver headers and exhaust. I look forward to making many videos!

Allan, I think you have done the ideal work to own a Countach and truly enjoy it.

Will you be doing the sealant in white or black?

Best

We are doing white.

I wonder how many times did Allan watch Cannonball while waiting for this build. :D

You silly boy... Why do you think I bought the Blue Ray version? :icon_mrgreen:

Looking great.

Today I pulled an old Countach poster I have in storage out and looked at it.

It has 5 different countaches on it and under each picture it has a small caption that says "Owner:".

The black one listed said "Owner: George Evans." Ive had that poster since I was 6 or 7..this guy has been at these cars forever!

Rob,

it was very likely George's black LP400S

it is a S3 car with wing and bravo rims

you will be surprised .... he still owns it! :)

post-4328-1347611617.jpg

post-4328-1347611635.jpg

That really was an excellent low-down on what to expect Allan. Searching for CT's for two years, I found the exact same things to be true. I'm not slamming the cars at all when I say that the more I looked, the more I came to realize that every car was a project to some extent, no matter how it was described. The "cleanest" cars were at least 30k, if not 100k away from livable. I passed by the ad for this Countach, and took a swag at what it would take to care for it properly...so it was cool reading your description to see how good my guesses were. Sure, a good bit of it elective, but even better -- an ounce of prevention equals...victory. Looks like a great car that has a whole new lease on life since you adopted it.

true, i can tell you first hand 90% of these cars will need 20k to 100k $ to become perfect

one day may be buyers will understand conditions are MUCH more important than asking prices

my last countach is a very nice looking car, well kept from a collector

it had 32.000 Kms and full history with a lot of maintenance by reputable shops when i got it

i already spent 20k euro on it to make it perfect and still have few things to do (estimate other 3-4k euro)

the first countach i got, had a complete rebuilt just few Kms before purchase, it costed me under 5k euro of worcks and i am pretty much sure i could not have more luck finding a nicer one

p.s. add two crappy phone pics of my current one, just because countach look great ;)

post-4328-1347611575.jpg

post-4328-1347611585.jpg

Hahahahah I like them all. Jus have to bust Alberts balls.

i have iron balls, bustproof... and then let's wait to read Evans bill: that will be a true ballbusting... :icon_mrgreen:

ciao

true, i can tell you first hand 90% of these cars will need 20k to 100k $ to become perfect

one day may be buyers will understand conditions are MUCH more important than asking prices

my last countach is a very nice looking car, well kept from a collector

it had 32.000 Kms and full history with a lot of maintenance by reputable shops when i got it

i already spent 20k euro on it to make it perfect and still have few things to do (estimate other 3-4k euro)

the first countach i got, had a complete rebuilt just few Kms before purchase, it costed me under 5k euro of worcks and i am pretty much sure i could not have more luck finding a nicer one

p.s. add two crappy phone pics of my current one, just because countach look great ;)

You are too tall for that (fantastic) car! :lol:

ciao

i have iron balls, bustproof... and then let's wait to read Evans bill: that will be a true ballbusting... :icon_mrgreen:

ciao

I am not worried about the bill, when it comes, I will simply send it to you!

Emilio you look like a giant in the second photo.

The photo shows just how relatively small the Countach is.

Emilio you look like a giant in the second photo.

The photo shows just how relatively small the Countach is.

Emilio is very tall, Countach looks like a toy car with him above.

yes, i am 190cm...no idea how it translates in foot and inches honestly ;)

i fit perfectly in the S3 to QV cars

not so much in lowbodies and anniversario with standard "fat" seats (never tried the rare sport seats for 25th though)