May be going bye bye soon

kev99sv

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiring of old school. Looking for new school.

You will cry a year from now. You will not find anything to hold your interest for a long period.

You will cry a year from now. You will not find anything to hold your interest for a long period.

I hear you. Had it for 7 years. Time to let someone else enjoy her for a while. Been waiting for the market to take off on these and it just hasn't.

Sad to hear that it has to go. Hopefully, it will stay local. Any idea on what's next? Wish you all the best.

Doesn't have to go I just want to move on. Not sure what is next.

One of the best cars I have ever had the privilege to be in. What happened to the svr kit???

When I bought it the SVR kit made it too low for Houston roads. I took it off and gave it to Roy for helping me find my first Lambo.

Just think that your most likely selling at the bottom of the market, what ever else you buy will drop like a rock or won't have the upside potential. Plus, you have one of the rare ones. Your car is the best of both worlds, new school enough to be reliable, but not so much that you can't work on it, and it's not a "push button" car.

Besides, you don't even know what else you want. It sounds like your just a little restless, we all get that way. Keep it, and find some cheaper toy to see if it satisfies before you do it.

Just think that your most likely selling at the bottom of the market, what ever else you buy will drop like a rock or won't have the upside potential. Plus, you have one of the rare ones. Your car is the best of both worlds, new school enough to be reliable, but not so much that you can't work on it, and it's not a "push button" car.

Besides, you don't even know what else you want. It sounds like your just a little restless, we all get that way. Keep it, and find some cheaper toy to see if it satisfies before you do it.

I have been thinking about selling for the last year and a half. I was restless then and couldn't bring myself to sell but things haven't really changed. I bought an 08 GT2 a few months ago which just makes me appreciate new school even more. Who knows when the market will change on the SV. I bought at the top of the market but still will not lose much money. If I hold and end up making money it will ruin my track record of buy high sell low!

Ha. I hear that. It's impossible to know when the market will turn around. It's possible it won't. The next generation won't respect these cars like the present. Just think what will happen to 60-70 muscle cars as boomers get older and start selling.

Ha. I hear that. It's impossible to know when the market will turn around. It's possible it won't. The next generation won't respect these cars like the present. Just think what will happen to 60-70 muscle cars as boomers get older and start selling.

Unfortunately rarity doesn't always translate to value. I have been waiting for my SV to be a $300k car. I mean, my god, it has been on Nip Tuck. Thats got to be worth $100k alone :eusa_dance:

Unfortunately rarity doesn't always translate to value. I have been waiting for my SV to be a $300k car. I mean, my god, it has been on Nip Tuck. Thats got to be worth $100k alone :eusa_dance:

Lets not forget that Valentino drove and blessed the car as well...that is priceless!

My advice? Put it away for a few months and don't drive it. When you get back in it you'll realize what a special car it is and will quickly forget about selling it.