Carbon Fiber wing? POLL

donzikid

Wing or no wing  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Install the wing.

• Yes, install the wing
    • No, leave it stock

Shold I install this carbon fiber OEM wing on my Murcielago. It is from a Verace LP640.

Just seems like it is a bit plain in the back. Would it hurt my resale later? Would it look cheesy?

Please vote and then elaborate.

Thanks!

post-73833-1344821354.jpg

post-73833-1344821546_thumb.jpg

post-73833-1344821560_thumb.jpg

post-73833-1344821611.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I love big wings, but somehow the murci is one car that I don't think a wing adds to it. That being said it doesn't distract from it unless its one of those wired ugly wings.

The SV wing and back though add to the car.

Unless you are planning extra mods, there are no other design elements to complement the wing, IMO, it might look a bit out of place.

I also think that your color combo, interior/exterior, which is very classy (one of my favorites), might not go well with the addition of the carbon fibre wing.

I installed a CF wing in my Murcie and just loved it. George Evans did too and put the same one on his.

i prefer with no wing. the front end of the 6.2 Murcie is quite tame so to have a wing in the back doesn't match the character of the car. however, in an LP640, i think the wing works better.

Are you sure that wing (the carbon wing I posted) is not OEM? If not, then I definatly do not want it on my car.

Definitely not OEM. Only Murcielagos that have a factory wing are the Superveloces.

murcielago-lp670-4-sv-with-transparent-front-hood-video-photo-gallery_6.jpg

Wing looks awesome! It would look better with a black and CF interior but I still think it looks good. A nice little pop on the back end for sure. That being said the SV wing (or the entire kit) is 1000x better.

Was severly wanting the JPEGS style wing but wanted one with the mount on the rear deck NOT the rear quarters. They do exist but there were also questions about mounting issues on the deck not being stable enough though no one seemed to have problems.

Didn't get to find one and then I decided to by-pass the computer to keep the bat wings up permanently. Liked that look even better. Have never suffered any ill effeects with the wings up permanently but take them down in cold weather and very high speed runs/track days.

JPEGS I remember the day that shot was taken in NJ before a run we had together when I first met you and your wife about 2 yrs ago. My Murcie was Rosso Andromeda like Allan's w/o the wing and with red sideview mirrors and open engine bay.

Hope you're on the mend as I did catch positive progress on our other site. -Rob

How are these wings attached? The ones that sit over the rear fenders? (like the one here being considered for use). Drilled holes? Even after drilling holes (which I likely would never bring myself to do), what does it actually attach to, the sheet metal? No underling frame?

Thanks,

Jon

How are these wings attached? The ones that sit over the rear fenders? (like the one here being considered for use). Drilled holes? Even after drilling holes (which I likely would never bring myself to do), what does it actually attach to, the sheet metal? No underling frame?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon.

I drilled holes and added 1/4" ss backing plates and a cross pc. Between the body, the plates and cross bar I added neoprene to dampen the vibration. 1-1/2 yrs on and no issues

• 2 weeks later...
Jon.

I drilled holes and added 1/4" ss backing plates and a cross pc. Between the body, the plates and cross bar I added neoprene to dampen the vibration. 1-1/2 yrs on and no issues

Thanks John. I just worry about wether or not it will hurt resale value. I love my car, but some day it will be sold for an lp640, lp650, lp670 or lp700. Also, what about visibility. Its already shit in the car, does that wing block the very limited visitibily window the car actually has?

Thanks,

Jon

Shold I install this carbon fiber OEM wing on my Murcielago. It is from a Verace LP640.

Just seems like it is a bit plain in the back. Would it hurt my resale later? Would it look cheesy?

Please vote and then elaborate.

Thanks!

I hope you didnt pay that $8500 he is asking for that wing, his prices are nuts. He also seems to be mildly missinformed. He claims Versace LP640s came with a wing, yet do a google search and not a single one of them has ever come from the factory with a wing. Oh well, hope you got decent pricing, $8500 is insane. New ones from Veilside go for $3300

I hope you didnt pay that $8500 he is asking for that wing, his prices are nuts. He also seems to be mildly missinformed. He claims Versace LP640s came with a wing, yet do a google search and not a single one of them has ever come from the factory with a wing. Oh well, hope you got decent pricing, $8500 is insane. New ones from Veilside go for $3300

I got it in a trade for parts.

I got it in a trade for parts.

Awesome!

In my opinion Murci with no wing is major boring.

lol. I am not to sure that I dissagree with you :) I really think the right wing on the back can add that final 'oomph' to the cars rear end.

BTW, are you the Allan Lambo that used to be on Viper Club? I just remember a guy called that who would come around time to time informing the miss-informed Viper owners that stock for stock the Murci was faster then the 'at the time' vipers. lol. That you? I was an 02 ACR owner back then :)