Fortis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon_thumleft:

Andecorp if i'll see you in Milan i will offer you a coffee :icon_mrgreen:

I work also near to the hotel you have posted :D

Andecorp how have you deal with the insurance while in Europe? Maybe you posted and I've missed it, I am curious for future reference. TIA

Andecorp how have you deal with the insurance while in Europe? Maybe you posted and I've missed it, I am curious for future reference. TIA

I am still waiting on quotes :(

As I mentioned earlier, the whole point of this is to drive my own car. It has become a $50k exercise though:

$10,000 - airfares

$8,000 - giro

$23,000 - shipping (LOTS of hidden fees at both ports plus the insurance)

$6,500 - accomodation for my 6 nights on the Riviera

I still have to organise the insurance for the driving there.

And for those that haven't got their final TOTAL quotes for shipping, this is how they are structured:

shipping - $4k

departure port fees/customs/every fee under the sun you can imagine - $2k

arrival port fees/customs/quarantine/transport from port to Milan/etc - $2k

That's $8k each way before transport insurance, which is 1% of the car value. So for a $300k car, add another $3k.

I was hesitant to reply cause I dont want to act like a big shot. This trip is HUGE $$$ I know but I want you to feel great about something

I have been to similar huge rallies events and tours including Gumball; Bullrun and others that are private...

and know this "This trip is the absolute best bargain for the money over any organized rally or run!! Really. Feel good. There are so many things that are planned and done and this is ONCE IN A LIFETIME!!! IT WILL BE MORE THAN AWESOME IT WILL BE EPIC.

Seriously all other events I felt at times that I was really not getting what I bargained for Money wise. Without naming events... I spent 50k admission and 50k prep for some small venues.

Really man, dont feel sour or that this is expensive. I have been to the Rodeo and I have nothing to gain or lose when I tell you this: This is really the best bang for the buck of any rolling circus/rally that I have seen.

Hope this makes you feel good. thats why I am writing this. seriously this will be great.

I run my own cars always cause I need them to be fitting my team image ..lol

I am bryan and I roll with the Concubine ...see you there. I will be the one driving a Lambo lol

AFTER THE EVENT THE CARS WILL BE HELD OR NOT SHIPPED FOR 11 DAYS!

So, I would like to spend 5 nights and 6 additional days (a week) driving the Lambo to cool destinations.

1 - Does anyone know of anything that is going on AFTER 5-12-13

2 - anyone have any suggestions?

I am calling my Concierge and asking about a Germany; Switzerland and Austrian retreats I advised I would like to drive a few hundred miles a day and take in some of Europe.

I also have some other really cool ideas.

So, I would like to spend 5 nights and 6 additional days (a week) driving the Lambo to cool destinations.

I am calling my Concierge and asking about a Germany; Switzerland and Austrian retreats I advised I would like to drive a few hundred miles a day and take in some of Europe.

I can't afford the time, I am in the middle of a very demanding project, otherwise I would LOVE to do that! :(

To revisit this I am thinking the Stelvio Pass Austria Switzerland and Germany

also unbelievably the Mille Miglia supercar drive starts the 13th!!! but thats an event in Italy only and after the Giro I way want to ball north of the boot

I am so excited for the trip and the Before trip (France and Monaco..That an After trip would just ...well wow. the Pass looks sick!!! Several Gumballers are in constant contact with me re: different little town etc!!

Top Gear and many euro driviers say this is the top road experience in the world

post-93516-1363223776_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1363224202_thumb.jpg

also unbelievably the Mille Miglia supercar drive starts the 13th!!! but thats an event in Italy only and after the Giro I way want to ball north of the boot

I am so excited for the trip and the Before trip (France and Monaco..That an After trip would just ...well wow. the Pass looks sick!!! Several Gumballers are in constant contact with me re: different little town etc!!

I think doctam3 did that on his m5 delivery. Spent a week out there.

Top Gear and many euro driviers say this is the top road experience in the world

I believe the Stelvio Pass is closed this time of year.

Well bugger me I've finally had official confirmation that I am attending this event!

Staying at the Principe de Savoia hotel in Milan which looks nice enough....

Getting excited now - 7 weeks to go!

Thank you for the info Zack, very exciting, not too long to go now.

The hotel looks very nice, excellent reviews online except for this guy:

"Overall Poor to fair

Did not get any sleep after a wedding kept us awake all night. Reception refused to tell the wedding band to turn down the volume. The hotel also refused to refund the cost of the lost nights sleep."

:lol2:

"Overall Poor to fair

Did not get any sleep after a wedding kept us awake all night. Reception refused to tell the wedding band to turn down the volume. The hotel also refused to refund the cost of the lost nights sleep."

:lol2:

Ha! Actually I have been to a wedding in Italy and it did go on for ever - something like a 14 course meal was served - it was insane but in a good way!

OK, having read the itinary I want to revise my status to: 'beyond excited' !

I have received the email telling me that I have to drop my car off next Thursday for prep and shipping. Now it feels like its getting close!

Ha! Actually I have been to a wedding in Italy and it did go on for ever - something like a 14 course meal was served - it was insane but in a good way!

OK, having read the itinary I want to revise my status to: 'beyond excited' !

Have you got info on the rest of the hotels?

As usual, here, we are given the mushroom treatment, kept in the dark and fed crap :icon_mrgreen: