Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

Unfortunately I am not. Looking forward to videos, pictures, write ups etc...

Do not get a DSLR if you are doing strictly video, they're bulky, footage is shaky and you need to mess with settings constantly. You're better off with small HD handycam.

Sorry to hear that you won't be there. Hopefully we can hook up next week in NY!

I will consult you and the forum on which handheld video camera to buy. I figured I would wait till mid-late April to make sure I get the latest greatest model.

Thanks!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon_thumleft:

I just got a new box from SP with more GoPro goodies for the trip! I should be able to document it very well. Hopefully I can move some of my cameras around to other cars to get maximum footage. A good friend of mine is a very talented editor of tv and film. He will assemble all the footage and put it together into a nice movie/documentary. 14 GoPro 3's with tons of extra batteries, remotes and chargers. I'm ready!! :icon_super:

My Aventador is getting wrapped now. The amazing outfit doing the job has been sending me progress pics. I am very excited! :headbang:

Wow no wonder SP is always out of stock :lol2:

I will be lots of fun, looking forward to seeing your car.

damn...wish i could attend..it'll probably be like the 100th Anniv by then...lol

thats alot of Gopros!! hope to see some nice pics and vids..

Wow no wonder SP is always out of stock :lol2:

I will be lots of fun, looking forward to seeing your car.

I like giving my business to SP. They are great!

Likewise! :icon_thumleft:

damn...wish i could attend..it'll probably be like the 100th Anniv by then...lol

thats alot of Gopros!! hope to see some nice pics and vids..

Thanks! Sorry to hear you will not make it. We will definitely take lots of pics and videos!

14 GoPro 3's with tons of extra batteries, remotes and chargers. I'm ready!! :icon_super:

Blimey..... that is what I call: 'not doing things by half' :icon_thumleft:

Those of you that are taking your own cars over. Who have you used for insurance? I can't find anyone that insures a non-UK/EU registered car.

Those of you that are taking your own cars over. Who have you used for insurance? I can't find anyone that insures a non-UK/EU registered car.

That's the main reason I rented I couldn't find anyone in EU and my local insurer laughed when I enquired, can you convince your insurance company?

I hope you will be able to find someone to do it for you.

That's the main reason I rented I couldn't find anyone in EU and my local insurer laughed when I enquired, can you convince your insurance company?

I hope you will be able to find someone to do it for you.

My insurer laughed too.

I think I'll call Shreko Lorbek as he did the Ferrari tour a few years ago with his own car, and see who he used.

My insurer laughed too.

I think I'll call Shreko Lorbek as he did the Ferrari tour a few years ago with his own car, and see who he used.

I will PM you the info of the guy who works for the rental company who helped us with our cars, he might be able to recommend an insurer for you.

If you bring your own car included in the shipping is the minimum policy required by Italian law. Granted, it you want more coverage, and rightfully so, you could see what your insurance company can offer.

If I remember correctly Webster had his LP560 shipped for a trip around Europe. Maybe he could suggest you some insurers?

Shipping insurance is 1% of the car value each way, so just shipping insurance for the trip will be $6k :rant:

Rent and be done with it, off the plane in the car out of the car on the plane, easy!

Rent and be done with it, off the plane in the car out of the car on the plane, easy!

"Sorry Sir, the Lamborghini that you booked broke down yesterday, so here is a very nice Porsche in its place."

"Sorry Sir, the Lamborghini that you booked broke down yesterday, so here is a very nice Porsche in its place."

try another rent company, here there are many.

http://www.exclusivenoleggi.com/

http://www.luxent.it/cars/cars.php

http://www.motorsportitalia.it/galleria.php

ciao

As I mentioned earlier, the whole point of this is to drive my own car. It has become a $50k exercise though:

$10,000 - airfares

$8,000 - giro

$23,000 - shipping (LOTS of hidden fees at both ports plus the insurance)

$6,500 - accomodation for my 6 nights on the Riviera

I still have to organise the insurance for the driving there.

And for those that haven't got their final TOTAL quotes for shipping, this is how they are structured:

shipping - $4k

departure port fees/customs/every fee under the sun you can imagine - $2k

arrival port fees/customs/quarantine/transport from port to Milan/etc - $2k

That's $8k each way before transport insurance, which is 1% of the car value. So for a $300k car, add another $3k.

I would take that over, sorry sir your Lamborghini was involved in a high speed chase on the wharf :icon_mrgreen:

I would take that over, sorry sir your Lamborghini was involved in a high speed chase on the wharf :icon_mrgreen:

The container gets sealed in front of me in Melbourne and opened again in front of me in Milan. I hold the keys.

Andecorp, you (and the others from Australia) deserve a prize from the factory: so many money and efforts to be here with your own Diablo means you are a true enthusiast!

Unbelievable.

ciao

The container gets sealed in front of me in Melbourne and opened again in front of me in Milan. I hold the keys.

Sounds great, I hope everything will go well for you.

As I mentioned earlier, the whole point of this is to drive my own car. It has become a $50k exercise though:

$10,000 - airfares

$8,000 - giro

$23,000 - shipping (LOTS of hidden fees at both ports plus the insurance)

$6,500 - accomodation for my 6 nights on the Riviera

I still have to organise the insurance for the driving there.

And for those that haven't got their final TOTAL quotes for shipping, this is how they are structured:

shipping - $4k

departure port fees/customs/every fee under the sun you can imagine - $2k

arrival port fees/customs/quarantine/transport from port to Milan/etc - $2k

That's $8k each way before transport insurance, which is 1% of the car value. So for a $300k car, add another $3k.

I salute you sir !! Once in a life time. And completely agree with you that its about driving your own car, and building more and more memories with your own beast!

Looking forward to meeting you on the trip !! I can't wait !!

• 2 weeks later...
I salute you sir !! Once in a life time. And completely agree with you that its about driving your own car, and building more and more memories with your own beast!

Looking forward to meeting you on the trip !! I can't wait !!

Looking forward to it!