Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the official "NO GO" from Italy :( We dragged and paid late since shipping logistics from Chicago were unclear and non-existent at first. Guess the wait list was super long...you guys have fun!

Got the official "NO GO" from Italy :( We dragged and paid late since shipping logistics from Chicago were unclear and non-existent at first. Guess the wait list was super long...you guys have fun!

That sucks, sorry to hear it!

\

Dear Adam I am very very sorry to hear that!!! I have has some set backs and i must really suck im really sorry

What I meant to say was... We too have had weird set backs for many reasons where the trip was a no go on more than one occassion. Rallies are like that. At any time whether its logistics; equiptment or health ...even no more room or waiting lists. I am very very to hear that you have been shut out, Sorry man! Bryan

:icon_thumleft:

are you bringing your car over?

No too far to consider one of my cars. Have organized an LP560.

But there are three cars I'm aware of coming from Australia. Miura, Diablo and Aventador.

No too far to consider one of my cars. Have organized an LP560.

But there are three cars I'm aware of coming from Australia. Miura, Diablo and Aventador.

Same here too much PITA, transport, insurance, risks during transport etc. Easier to get a car there, in and out with no stress.

Sorry to hear that!

Hopefully we can do a post Italy meet in the states that you can attend. :icon_thumleft:

Same here too much PITA, transport, insurance, risks during transport etc. Easier to get a car there, in and out with no stress.

Since I plan on keeping my Aventador coupe, I like the fact that my car is doing the journey with me and it will always be in the family. I am taking a lot of video (as I am sure many people are) and my co-pilot is a great photographer. I agree with the headache and cost factor. I love my car and I am excited to always have this memory with it (since I will never sell it). If I didn't have such an attachment to the car and experiencing the event with it, I would rent too.

If all goes well, I hope to ship a Lambo every couple years to Italy and have it meet my family and I for vacation. At least that is the current fantasy I am planning. My son loves the idea. My wife said, "we can't all fit." My son laughed and looked at me as if to say, "We can!" I, being the compromiser of the family, said, "Then we can bring two Lambos!" She rolled her eyes. End result, I will ship one there and we will rent a SUV. Game. Set. Match. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_super:

I am ahead of myself. Let's see how this event goes... I AM VERY EXCITED! :eusa_dance:

The only issue for us here is that we always get the short end of the stick, the transport wasn't organized properly and it ended up being 3 to 4 times more in comparison, they turned around and offered you guys in the sates a deal which you literally couldn't refuse, completely not the case here. I wouldn't do sea freight and spending $40k to $50k on Air wasn't worth it.

Getting insurance while in Europe was a major issue, none of the paranoid local insurers would even contemplate talking to us, there were few European based insurers which were willing to insure us but dealing with a foreign company in the event of a claim isn't something I would be looking forward to.

I understand that taking your personal car there it is more meaningful in a way but it the end it all got too much, too complex, I simply did not want to bother dealing with the inconvenience or risks, the rental will be dropped at the hotel in the morning and picked up when we done, it's insured and if anything happens I know exactly what I am up for, we off the plane and back on the plane, in and out and that's what I am looking for, convenience and stress free fun.

The only issue for us here is that we always get the short end of the stick, the transport wasn't organized properly and it ended up being 3 to 4 times more in comparison, they turned around and offered you guys in the sates a deal which you literally couldn't refuse, completely not the case here. I wouldn't do sea freight and spending $40k to $50k on Air wasn't worth it.

Getting insurance while in Europe was a major issue, none of the paranoid local insurers would even contemplate talking to us, there were few European based insurers which were willing to insure us but dealing with a foreign company in the event of a claim isn't something I would be looking forward to.

I understand that taking your personal car there it is more meaningful in a way but it the end it all got too much, too complex, I simply did not want to bother dealing with the inconvenience or risks, the rental will be dropped at the hotel in the morning and picked up when we done, it's insured and if anything happens I know exactly what I am up for, we off the plane and back on the plane, in and out and that's what I am looking for, convenience and stress free fun.

I completely agree with you. It makes perfect sense to rent. I am planning on doing this often, so this trip is a bit of an experiment. We will have a great time I'm sure! I look forward to meeting you and everyone else!

Adam, Sorry to hear that. I am from CHicago area and look forward to meet you in some event around chicago.

I was in the same dilemma as the shipping logistics were non-existent. I rented a car in italy and later cancelled it when they came up with shipping option. Rental company would not refund the deposit of 2.5k.

Now Centigrade came up with comprehensive insurance option for Italy driving.

Initially, My wife thought I was crazy to pay & register in the absense of info about shipping, insurance, Hotel etc.

Lamborhini's inability to organize all these in an orderly manner cost us either money or opportunity to participate.

Lambo_Manju.

If all goes well, I hope to ship a Lambo every couple years to Italy and have it meet my family and I for vacation. At least that is the current fantasy I am planning. My son loves the idea. My wife said, "we can't all fit." My son laughed and looked at me as if to say, "We can!" I, being the compromiser of the family, said, "Then we can bring two Lambos!" She rolled her eyes. End result, I will ship one there and we will rent a SUV. Game. Set. Match. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_super:

I am sure that you being 1 of the only 3 Veneno owners in the world, Lamborghini would be very pleased to sell you the very 1st Urus that rolls out of the factory. Problem solved. :)

I completely agree with you. It makes perfect sense to rent. I am planning on doing this often, so this trip is a bit of an experiment. We will have a great time I'm sure! I look forward to meeting you and everyone else!

I can't wait, it will be a great break in an otherwise extremely busy business schedule, I am really looking forward to few days away.

I am sure that you being 1 of the only 3 Veneno owners in the world, Lamborghini would be very pleased to sell you the very 1st Urus that rolls out of the factory. Problem solved. :)

I would love to get the Urus and take delivery there! Hopefully it will get the green light. I will find out when everyone else does. If it is a go, I will place my order as soon as I can! :eusa_pray:

I can't wait, it will be a great break in an otherwise extremely busy business schedule, I am really looking forward to few days away.

Me too!!!!

Can I please get the names of the hotels

Thanks Lee. Fax 310 691 5042, or email [email protected]. I have decided on using a silver 25th anniversary instead of the Murci. I don't see any other countach, does anybody know of another countach going?

Sorry to be off topic, but are you the infamous Shazam?? with all the wrecked lambos out of LA?

Thanks Guys. We had Centrigrade telling us dont pay attention to whats on the Lambo50 site, and that shipping would be handled by our dealer...but when we went to the dealer, they had no idea about any arrangements. On Jan 14th it still wasn't clear and even after the 15th deadline, Centigrade and the dealer were still going back and fourth. Finally we said F it and just paid, even Centrigrade said they lost touch with the Italian organizers. It was hard for us to just pay with no one clear about shipping from Chicago until after the deadline. Manju you did the opposite, and what we should have done, and blindly went for it...good move, enjoy!

I've done rallies before, nothing out of the US though...this seems to be the most poorly planned and communicated. Just expected more from Lambo, and on their 50th.

That sucks, sorry to hear it!

What I meant to say was... We too have had weird set backs for many reasons where the trip was a no go on more than one occassion. Rallies are like that. At any time whether its logistics; equiptment or health ...even no more room or waiting lists. I am very very to hear that you have been shut out, Sorry man! Bryan

Sorry to hear that!

Hopefully we can do a post Italy meet in the states that you can attend. :icon_thumleft:

Adam, Sorry to hear that. I am from CHicago area and look forward to meet you in some event around chicago.

I was in the same dilemma as the shipping logistics were non-existent. I rented a car in italy and later cancelled it when they came up with shipping option. Rental company would not refund the deposit of 2.5k.

Now Centigrade came up with comprehensive insurance option for Italy driving.

Initially, My wife thought I was crazy to pay & register in the absense of info about shipping, insurance, Hotel etc.

Lamborhini's inability to organize all these in an orderly manner cost us either money or opportunity to participate.

Lambo_Manju.

My Murcielago left chicago on Monday by Road and expected to be in New Jersey DSV Air & Sea Inc's office by Friday.

Manju!!!!! its like a little lambo party at DSV in Jersey!!! good to hear your was picked up! Itsprobably gonna spend fri night chilling and partying with mine and raging bull's

See you soon

My Murcielago left chicago on Monday by Road and expected to be in New Jersey DSV Air & Sea Inc's office by Friday.

Manju!!!!! its like a little lambo party at DSV in Jersey!!! good to hear your was picked up! Itsprobably gonna spend fri night chilling and partying with mine and raging bull's

See you soon

Awesome!! Our cars get to party together a little while before we do! :icon_thumleft:

I hear 32 cars are coming from America! I look forward to seeing you fellas over there. :icon_super: