Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

If you weren't there, man, you don't know

Shit happens...

I don't know how many drivers noticed, but I reckon that a lot of the roads had been patched by the Pre-team to ensure the Giro ran smoothly

I know. I was the driver :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Info on when our cars are officially in USA; In NJ; At our respective dealers! I miss it and this has tought me a valuable lesson. I will keep my Aventador Coupe when the Roadster comes in ...Need 2 Aventadors at all times.

Any info?

I miss it and this has tought me a valuable lesson. I will keep my Aventador Coupe when the Roadster comes in ...Need 2 Aventadors at all times.

Any info?

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

I hear June 14th arrival at the dealership. :rant:

I'll be in LI shortly after. Hopefully we can meet up.

Giro Trivia:

Q: How many times a day do you need to cook your brakes??

A: Twice a day, once for lunch and once for dinner :icon_mrgreen:

In the f***ing wet :headbang:

You are still alive, aren't you ? Btw, you suck as a navigator :icon_mrgreen:

You are still alive, aren't you ? Btw, you suck as a navigator :icon_mrgreen:

I told you I wasn't scared because I've figured your driving out, when I realized you are just as crazy as I am I was at ease :lol2:

as for the navigator comment I rest my case:

IMG_1232.JPG

you must admit you suck as a videographer, 70% of the videos you took were of your actual PALM/HAND and they were shaking worse than the Blair Witch Project movie, we must have the shittiest videos of all GIRO participants, irrespective I will save them for posterity.

I was watching them the other day and I was pissing my pants, my wife was asking me why I was laughing because you couldn't see anything :eusa_think:

:lol2:

I might attempt to send you some but I am afraid you might use them for EVIL!! :icon_mrgreen:

I told you I wasn't scared because I've figured your driving out, when I realized you are just as crazy as I am I was at ease :lol2:

you must admit you suck as a videographer, 70% of the videos you took were of your actual PALM/HAND and they were shaking worse than the Blair Witch Project movie, we must have the shittiest videos of all GIRO participants, irrespective I will save them for posterity.

I was watching them the other day and I was pissing my pants, my wife was asking me why I was laughing because you couldn't see anything :eusa_think:

I might attempt to send you some but I am afraid you might use them for EVIL!! :icon_mrgreen:

So was it the driving or was it the navigation? You guys always started first but I always ended up arriving before you guys. :icon_mrgreen:

I'll see what I can do for the video. :)

IMG_1232.JPG

Maybe so, but a least I know the difference between turning right and left . And it is not easy to take a video at 250km/h with Godzilla driving.

So was it the driving or was it the navigation? You guys always started first but I always ended up arriving before you guys. :icon_mrgreen:

Admit it, you took shortcuts. :icon_mrgreen:

Daddyo is right we were always surprised you were always ahead of us, you had the better navigator, we both sucked at navigating, taking directions and instructions, you try to put two stubborn bulls in a bullpen and see what result you are going to get :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe so, but a least I know the difference between turning right and left . And it is not easy to take a video at 250km/h with Godzilla driving.

You are right I did screw up few left and right calls, thanks God you didn't listen to me, I was saying RIGHT when we were traveling triple digits around some bends, that when the road started to open in front of me and got that sinking feeling in my stomach, NOOOOO I MEANT LEFT!!! LEFT!!! :lol2:

250 was just cruising speed, no need to stress, you were in good hands!

Great video by MotorTrend showcasing the whole event!

Excellent video thanks for posting, by watching it you will get an idea how much fun it was but to really understand how awesome it actually was you'd have to multiply it by 100.

I feel so blessed for being part of this unforgettable experience.

Great video by MotorTrend showcasing the whole event!

"This was one of the best experiences of anyone's life"

Can't argue with that.

i'm very annoyed i didnt buy several go-pros for this event!!! argh!!

oh well, next time .... if there is ever a next time !!

navigation issues ..... uhhh... how? just follow the white rabbit (the white/black arrows point the way at EVERY junction) , those were impressive, that they were literayll every where. its understated, but it added so much to the fun of driving. no need to ever look at your satnav, or stop , and look at a map trying to figger out where you actually were!

Superb video!!!

As for Navigation, I am now getting into the habit of sending people out before every trip just to stick those arrows up :eusa_dance:

Those arrows were great when you were driving slow enough to see them :icon_mrgreen:

We didnt even know there were arrow marks, when we started from Milan on the first day. We got lost when could not catch up with other cars and turned on the GPS. GPS went nuts in one round-about with 3 exits. kept telling to take 4th exit, which is coming back to the same street in reverse direction. After two such round trips on the same road, I used paper map to get back on track.

Those Black-Arrows were great and we never missed a sigle turn from that day onwards.

Lambo_Manju.

They were great but like you we've only noticed them the second day, also we only got lost once, really, on our way to the Grossetto airport, my co-driver :icon_mrgreen: decided to call 1st right turn at a roundabout rather than follow VCR and take 2nd right, the 1st right put us on a highway, once on that road we had to go through a toll, they didn't want to let us make a U turn at the toll gates, the next opportunity for a turn around was approx 3 km down the road, by the time we got back we've lost the pack and we had a hard time finding the right airport, who knew such a small town had TWO airports :lol2:

That was the only time we were lost but it's all part of the fun.

They were great but like you we've only noticed them the second day ...........

That was the only time we were lost but it's all part of the fun.

I forgot to add that my wife was looking out for those arrows constantly. Drivers can not keep track of them all the time, as they are concentrating on the road and traffic. I should say Arrows and a good Co-Pilot helped me not to miss turns/exits.

As all have expeseed, overall it was the best experience so far. 4th Exit added more fun to the trip.

Admit it, you took shortcuts. :icon_mrgreen:

Daddyo is right we were always surprised you were always ahead of us, you had the better navigator, we both sucked at navigating, taking directions and instructions, you try to put two stubborn bulls in a bullpen and see what result you are going to get :icon_mrgreen:

Actually, my navigator didn't do much navigating at all; he was busy taking video on his iPhone; or worrying that I couldn't stop in time (based on his somewhat-outdated-knowledge of the Lamborghini brakes from the CT).

Perhaps I have a different guidebook from yours. :icon_mrgreen:

The funniest thing happened when we were looking for the Grossetto Airport, we asked a very nice young boy for directions, he didn't know but quickly went inside to get his mom.

This lovely lady tried to explain to us how to get there but when she looked at our blank faces she quickly realized we had no idea what she was talking about, she smiled and asked us to follow her car, she was very kind to do that we didn't really wanted her to go out of her way but we had very little time to tell her not too worry because she was already in her car.

The funniest thing was that she took us to the wrong airport, we realized as we were getting closer, when we were outside the Airport we were convinced it was the wrong one, we had no heart to tell her, we had no idea how to thank them for their kindness, we started thanking them in every language we could master, we waved good-bye while sitting at the front of the wrong Airport :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: