First photos of the McLaren P1

Nath4N

War??? :jester: lol. There is no war.

The Enzo replacement is sold out the moment they tell people, "we will allow you to buy a..." response "SOLD!"

The McLaren will not be sold out for a while.

Truth is, Ferrari is in a league of their own when it comes to the exclusive limited edition hypercar market. They don't have to sell them, they have to choose who they will sell them to. No other company is in that position with million plus cars.

I think performance war is what Peak means. Sure Ferrari is hands down the best marketer, but if they hadn't built shitty cars at one time you wouldn't have any of your ragin bulls.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think performance war is what Peak means. Sure Ferrari is hands down the best marketer, but if they hadn't built shitty cars at one time you wouldn't have any of your ragin bulls.

Got ya! That will be interesting!

Got ya! That will be interesting!

Ferrari is not sold out. According to the McLaren dealer, McLaren has already sold over 300 cars. People find a brand they like and often just worship - Ferrari clearly has more than McLaren.

call me crazy, but nothing that is out or coming out in the next year or so compares to the P1 IMO.

i love the 918 but its not even in the same league. the new F70 im sure will be nice, but seeing what mclaren has done lately,

im going with the P1. i always loved Pagani but again i would rather have the P1 technology.

This in a heartbeat over the LaTurd

:iamwithstupid:

Pains me to say it as I'm not in love with the looks of the P1, but the LaFagarri is really awful.

2 G corning speed and broke the top gear track record by 10 seconds? wow lol.

If the car ran under 1:05 on a test track where an Enzo ran 1:19.0 and an Aventador ran a 1:16.5, McLaren have completely changed the game. They have moved the performance goal posts to a different field with that.

Mind blowing.

from an email I got from Mclaren today:

"The final piece in the McLaren P1™ unveil took place yesterday at the 83rd International Motor Show in Geneva, when we presented the production-intent model in front of the world’s media. The car, finished in striking Volcano Yellow, is little changed from the design study which we unveiled in Paris six months ago, and was presented by McLaren Group Executive Chairman, Ron Dennis CBE and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver Sergio Perez. The pair, in their first official public appearance together, were joined by BBC Sport's Formula 1 presenter Lee McKenzie.

To view the McLaren press conference with Ron Dennis, Sergio 'Checo' Perez and Lee McKenzie, please click here.

We designed and developed the McLaren P1™ to be the best driver’s car in the world on road and track and rewrite the rule book. This has been achieved through the distillation of our 50 years of race-winning experience and expertise. And performance is a key factor with the McLaren P1™, with Ron Dennis explaining: ‘The McLaren P1™ is all about being the ultimate car for road and track, and our goal is to lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife in sub-7 minutes.’

To recap the impressive stats, the McLaren P1™ is powered by a substantially revised 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine coupled to a lightweight electric motor to produce a combined output of 916PS and 900Nm of torque. This combination gives instant, and relentless, acceleration which sees the sprint to 100km/h in less than 3 seconds, and on to a top speed of 350km/h.

The electric motor also offers completely emission-free driving for a distance in excess of 10km. The compact twin-powerplant is mounted to the carbon fibre MonoCage chassis, which tips the scales at just 90kg. With carbon fibre used for all body panels, and featured extensively within the cabin, the overall weight is kept to a minimum - dry weight is just 1,395kg. The ‘shrink-wrapped’ design of the McLaren P1™ is shaped to optimise aerodynamics, and through the large active rear wing and front aero flaps, can generate up to 600kg of downforce from 257kmh (161mph).

The revolutionary RaceActive Chassis Control (RCC) and bespoke Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres allow for cornering forces of 2g, while being subjected to 600kg of downforce, but without a compromise to the executive saloon car-like ride and handling when travelling at lower speeds. Also, a brake system developed with technical partner Akebono, never used on a production road car before, uses technology tried and tested in space to provide race car-like stopping performance.

The McLaren P1™ will prove to be a true statement of exclusivity with an extremely limited production run of only 375. The first lucky customers will start to take delivery later this year, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of McLaren."

Original McLaren F1 stands head and shoulders above this. Over the time nothing will beat the concept of lightweight form follows function supercar with powerful NA-V12 motor.

Sad that times and legistlations have chanced and they need to implement extra electronic stuff... Ofcourse they say that electronics make the car better but would it be purer without 200lbs batteries.

from an email I got from Mclaren today:

"The final piece in the McLaren P1™ unveil took place yesterday at the 83rd International Motor Show in Geneva, when we presented the production-intent model in front of the world’s media. The car, finished in striking Volcano Yellow, is little changed from the design study which we unveiled in Paris six months ago, and was presented by McLaren Group Executive Chairman, Ron Dennis CBE and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver Sergio Perez. The pair, in their first official public appearance together, were joined by BBC Sport's Formula 1 presenter Lee McKenzie.

To view the McLaren press conference with Ron Dennis, Sergio 'Checo' Perez and Lee McKenzie, please click here.

We designed and developed the McLaren P1™ to be the best driver’s car in the world on road and track and rewrite the rule book. This has been achieved through the distillation of our 50 years of race-winning experience and expertise. And performance is a key factor with the McLaren P1™, with Ron Dennis explaining: ‘The McLaren P1™ is all about being the ultimate car for road and track, and our goal is to lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife in sub-7 minutes.’

To recap the impressive stats, the McLaren P1™ is powered by a substantially revised 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine coupled to a lightweight electric motor to produce a combined output of 916PS and 900Nm of torque. This combination gives instant, and relentless, acceleration which sees the sprint to 100km/h in less than 3 seconds, and on to a top speed of 350km/h.

The electric motor also offers completely emission-free driving for a distance in excess of 10km. The compact twin-powerplant is mounted to the carbon fibre MonoCage chassis, which tips the scales at just 90kg. With carbon fibre used for all body panels, and featured extensively within the cabin, the overall weight is kept to a minimum - dry weight is just 1,395kg. The ‘shrink-wrapped’ design of the McLaren P1™ is shaped to optimise aerodynamics, and through the large active rear wing and front aero flaps, can generate up to 600kg of downforce from 257kmh (161mph).

The revolutionary RaceActive Chassis Control (RCC) and bespoke Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres allow for cornering forces of 2g, while being subjected to 600kg of downforce, but without a compromise to the executive saloon car-like ride and handling when travelling at lower speeds. Also, a brake system developed with technical partner Akebono, never used on a production road car before, uses technology tried and tested in space to provide race car-like stopping performance.

The McLaren P1™ will prove to be a true statement of exclusivity with an extremely limited production run of only 375. The first lucky customers will start to take delivery later this year, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of McLaren."

i saw this and i really hope you wind up with one! i see what my mp4 is about, so i can only imagine what the P1 will be like!

between kris and you we will have all bases covered...lol

• 4 weeks later...
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/pit...-212049250.html

Another person with negative experience from Ferrari dealerships. I think he's a member at Rennlist Porsche forum.

I was just coming here to post this article. Interesting read. Nice to see Ferrari still treats their (would-be)customers so well. Glad to see a car guy like CJ Wilson get a spot on the list for a P1. You can tell it's something he appreciates.

From the article,

He also decided to save space for a Ferrari, but acquiring one became his first introduction to the velvet ropes of the supercar club.

“I did eventually own a used Ferrari 599, but I got dissatisfied by the Ferrari ownership thing almost immediately,” Wilson recalled. “It was like, ‘you have to buy a used Maserati, then you can buy a new Ferrari.’ It was an exhausting process with so many hoops to jump through. I originally wanted a new Ferrari 360 but they wouldn’t sell it to me, despite having the cash to drop there and then. After the 599, I vowed never to own a Ferrari again.”