First photos of the McLaren P1

Nath4N

1000525[/url]']

They haven't published the price yet, but I expect it to be roughly $1.2M USD.

From the outset they said they would build a maximum of 500, but I also think they will limit the number of units produced to something closer to 300. They still have to make the math work though. Starting a new car company at the level McLaren are targeting isn't cheap.

P1 will only be built in LHD. Other than a few boutique manufacturers like Pagani, you'll struggle to find any company building their hypercar in both configurations.

>8^)

ER

Thank you for the information, it's a shame they will not build it in RHD, as usual we are getting he short end of the stick.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the information, it's a shame they will not build it in RHD, as usual we are getting he short end of the stick.

Also silly when they (McLaren) have made a thing about buy British etc... bit at odds.

1000565[/url]']

Also silly when they (McLaren) have made a thing about buy British etc... bit at odds.

I was thinking about that, how odd.

It sucks for us because majority of the hyper cars aren't manufactured in RHD and the Republik will not allow LHD cars on the road.

I heard this from a local dealer. What is the ETA for the 1st P1 to hit the states?

I have not heard a date yet for production to begin. I expect them to put more detail around stuff like that after the Geneva Motor Show. My expectation is that deliveries will begin before the end of 2013 as a 2014 model.

>8^)

ER

• 1 month later...
I got the same email, looking good.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

The dash in race mode was my favorite pic and the only one I don't see here. The rev lights look like an F1 wheel. Absolutely epic.

Looks like a Superleggera version of the MP4-12.

:iamwithstupid: That is actually pretty true. It does look like that. I like it, but it does look like it could be the SL MP4 interior.

It does share the same chassis, and engine. So, why not the interior layout? It works well! :icon_thumleft:

Beyond hideous. I can't even express how disappointing that is. The F1 pics in the thread look 1000000x better and that design is decades old...

They may have "beaten aerodynamics" :rolleyes: but at what cost?

Ugly as hell.

:iamwithstupid:

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I like everything it stands for and all the elements (it looks like nothing else, it is very futuristic, it will be an amazing hypercar) it just doesn't turn me on. Its like a perfect looking beautiful model that you just don't find sexy. Everything about her is your style, but the part you can't measure or describe is what's missing. Its cool, but I don't get that "I have to one day have this" feeling.

As much as I like everything it stands for and all the elements (it looks like nothing else, it is very futuristic, it will be an amazing hypercar) it just doesn't turn me on. Its like a perfect looking beautiful model that you just don't find sexy. Everything about her is your style, but the part you can't measure or describe is what's missing. Its cool, but I don't get that "I have to one day have this" feeling.

Blasphemy! You will come around :)

This car just keeps looking better and better, can't wait until they start hitting the streets :icon_super:

The production car actually looks better than the concept.

Blasphemy! You will come around :)

I rarely come around, but I did warm up to the MP4 so its possible. But there is no way it will ever

be a Zonda, Countach, 570SL, Aventador, F40, etc. to me. But the P1 is sharp and bubbly. All the cars I mentioned that I love are angular and chiseled.

The production car actually looks better than the concept.

I agree that it looks equally as insane in a good way. It really is very interesting.

Its incredible to thing that even with its super low weight, the F1 still weighed 600 lbs less than this thing!

Its incredible to thing that even with its super low weight, the F1 still weighed 600 lbs less than this thing!

That is all thanks to the extensive 2013 automobile safety requirements from the USA DOT. :eusa_wall: