Looking for a new car tomorrow

RaginBull

Rapide in real life has so much presence, very impressive car visually.

Unfortunately if anyone ever tries to sit in the back, or race anything else in the segment, they will come away disappointed.

The Rapide backseats are big enough for children, but as I said earlier, no adult is going to want to sit back there. The car does look, sound, and drive very nicely though.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge fan of the XFR or XJR.

Panamera is the ugly but smart sister of all those listed. :)

The Panamera, particularly the Turbo / Turbo S, is a GREAT performing / drivers car...

However, using it as a practical daily for your wife might be challenging. The rear cargo area is deceptively small considering the bulbous shape and really limits the amount of gear you can haul around for the little ones (I only have one and pray that the "stuff" we pack around diminishes as she gets older, but somehow, I doubt it!). We couldn't fit our stroller in the back, let alone that and any other you tend to pick up when out with kids...

It's too bad really, because otherwise, the choice would be easy!

Any A8 fans out there? It's more subtle than the ones listed but maybe the wife like it? I personally would rule out Rapide since the back seats are for children only.

The new Bentley flying spur is coming soon. I would take that over any others.

Lastly, how do you fancy Tesla S? Their top trims are smoking fast (under 4 second 0-60) and the thought of saving the environment and gas is nice too. Range is about 200-250mi I think.

So what'd you get? Or still looking?

I know it's a totally different class (and price bracket) from what's been mentioned, but the Chrysler 300 SRT8 is quite impressive for what it is.

2012-Chrysler-300-SRT84.jpg

2013-Chrysler-300-SRT8-005.jpg

New%20Chrysler-300_SRT8_2012_4.jpg

Any A8 fans out there? It's more subtle than the ones listed but maybe the wife like it? I personally would rule out Rapide since the back seats are for children only.

The new Bentley flying spur is coming soon. I would take that over any others.

Lastly, how do you fancy Tesla S? Their top trims are smoking fast (under 4 second 0-60) and the thought of saving the environment and gas is nice too. Range is about 200-250mi I think.

G-Force just bought and A8L and loves it.

I know it's a totally different class (and price bracket) from what's been mentioned, but the Chrysler 300 SRT8 is quite impressive for what it is.

2012-Chrysler-300-SRT84.jpg

2013-Chrysler-300-SRT8-005.jpg

New%20Chrysler-300_SRT8_2012_4.jpg

In a thread talking about Panny Turbo S, Flying Spurs and Rapides surely you can't be serious?

That would be like someone shopping Z8s, SL65s, and the Alfa 8c and then suggesting they look at my S2000.

In a thread talking about Panny Turbo S, Flying Spurs and Rapides surely you can't be serious?
I know...That's why I noted it being in a totally different price and class from the previously discussed cars. Besides, he said it's for his wife...she may not care what kind of car it is.

I know...That's why I noted it being in a totally different price and class from the previously discussed cars. Besides, he said it's for his wife...she may not care what kind of car it is.

:eusa_naughty: No Chrysler!

The husband has to ride in it and drive it sometimes, so of course he cares! :) Thats why my wife's car is an ML63 Renntech lol.

The new a8 is tits. The interior is first class sport sedan.

:iamwithstupid:

I had one for few months while waiting for my car, I loved it but too big for me as a DD

That would be like someone shopping Z8s, SL65s, and the Alfa 8c and then suggesting they look at my S2000.

Or kind of like quoting a whole bunch of photos unnecessarily in your response so that we all have to scroll through the same ones again.

Or kind of like quoting a whole bunch of photos unnecessarily in your response so that we all have to scroll through the same ones again.

Don't want to piss of the ninja! My bad. Feel free to edit then out.

:ph34r:

The husband has to ride in it and drive it sometimes, so of course he cares! :) Thats why my wife's car is an ML63 Renntech lol.

The new ML63 is such an awesome car, I noticed in your signature a while back that you got one. Didn't know it was Renntech though!

We ended up not having the time to check the Rapide out over the weekend, but we have come closer to our decision. My wife will test drive a Panamera turbo on Thursday and if she likes it we will buy that or the turbo s for her. It seems like the best fit.

Aston Martin is reworking the Rapide to have 550hp so I will choose between that and the FF when the new Rapide comes out. Which ever I get will need to fit the two baby seats comfortably and my 6'2 self. My wife is 5'5 and 105lbs so she fits anywhere.

I will let you all know how it goes when she test drives the Panamera turbo on Thursday.

Thanks everyone!!

The new ML63 is such an awesome car, I noticed in your signature a while back that you got one. Didn't know it was Renntech though!

Thanks, yes it is. I like it over my X5m which I liked over the previous ML63. The Renntech really brings it alive with 670hp.

We ended up not having the time to check the Rapide out over the weekend, but we have come closer to our decision. My wife will test drive a Panamera turbo on Thursday and if she likes it we will buy that or the turbo s for her. It seems like the best fit.

Aston Martin is reworking the Rapide to have 550hp so I will choose between that and the FF when the new Rapide comes out. Which ever I get will need to fit the two baby seats comfortably and my 6'2 self. My wife is 5'5 and 105lbs so she fits anywhere.

I will let you all know how it goes when she test drives the Panamera turbo on Thursday.

Thanks everyone!!

The Rapide does need more hp, 550 will make a nice difference.

We test drove the Panamera Turbo today. It is an excellent car. I did not care for the layout of all the buttons and switches. It just feels like too many things are all over the place. There are buttons for everything. Sport, Sport Plus, and stiffness selection are all separate buttons! Too much! The ride is fairly comfortable, the car is very fast for a four door but it doesn't feel as fast as it is. Maybe its the turbo that makes it feel that way. I don't know. The trunk is very small. I would have to make sure we can fit a double baby stroller in there. My wife liked it, as did I, but we didn't love it. Still it might win. It may just be the best option. It didn't help that the car we test drove was beat to hell.

My favorite dealer will bring the Rapide to the house for her to try on Monday. If she likes it, I will definitely order her the refresh (facelift and more power) that will be officially announced soon.

The Panamera turbo is great, don't get me wrong. It just didn't blow me away. The FF is definitely 100k + better if that price difference isn't a killer on your wallet. The FF also comes with a 7 years unlimited mileage warranty. But for my wife, she says it must have 4 doors.

I will report back on the Aston Monday night. Thanks!