Ferrari showed off their new CF chassis

DickSimmons

The seats are fixed. Interesting concept.

I think this poor car is going to get chewed up by the McLaren unfortunately when it comes to performance at all levels.

All they can hope for is a better look, which the P1 certainly leaves the door open on thanks to its "function over form" aerodynamic over-dramatism.

We'll see, god knows Ferrari likes producing hideous cars as well, so it's wide open for sure. :icon_mrgreen:

Harry Metcalfe ‏@harrym_evo twitter feed from the other day

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3xuvHkCUAEA7lb.jpg

So the Ferrari Enzo replacement is at Paris after all. Well, it's chassis/tub is anyway. More news later today

“@Marv968: @harrym_evo Looks like it has a McLaren MP4-12c style mono tub.” No, very different, this one is a single moulding, 12C two piece

'new Ferrari Enzo' features fixed seats moulded into the tub and moveable pedal box & steering column to cater for different size drivers

The seats are fixed. Interesting concept.

It is a straight application from racing. The seats are part of the strucutre of the car and add to the rigidity of the chassis.

It is a straight application from racing. The seats are part of the strucutre of the car and add to the rigidity of the chassis.

Very unlike Ferrari to do anything that follows racing correctly other than cute knob placement and back up lights.

Very unlike Ferrari to do anything that follows racing correctly other than cute knob placement and back up lights.

Got one on order? :D

Got one on order? :D

NO! But I certainly would be more likely to if they didn't play such games at the Ferrari dealerships. I understand they are only get a few of these special editions, and they have customers who are much older than me with a longer history, but I don't like playing those games.

I think this poor car is going to get chewed up by the McLaren unfortunately when it comes to performance at all levels.

All they can hope for is a better look, which the P1 certainly leaves the door open on thanks to its "function over form" aerodynamic over-dramatism.

We'll see, god knows Ferrari likes producing hideous cars as well, so it's wide open for sure. :icon_mrgreen:

Very true. The Macca will stomp it. The strange thing to me is that Ferrari is no longer building top of the line cars that can race. The 918 and P12 could be turned into EXP2 Hybrid race cars and race at The 24 Hours of Nurburgring but the F70 because of it's fuel inefficient engine never will.

How do you figure? We know nothing about the car. What we do know is that Ferrari has just as much technology as McLaren and even more money. The Enzo was light and powerful. I have no reason to believe that this car won't be lighter and even more powerful.

In reality, it will just come down to if Ferrari wants their car to be just as good. Heck, I'm sure even Toyota or Peugot could make a car that could compete with the McLaren P1 if they really wanted to.

i think this car will be a bit heavier than the Enzo due to the kers system.

I personally know that the CF chassis is hand laminated in the same way and by the same workers who laminate the Ferrari Formula 1 racing chassis.

I think there will be a big "battle" among this and the Mc Laren P1 for the title of best Hypercar in the world: i do not know what will be the best, but i think P1 will be better looking than than F70, but this is just my taste.

ciao

As this car will never race anywhere I can't see that mattering as much as the rake of the seats won't be adjustable and some may find the upright seating very uncomfortable.

I'd definitely have a sit before buying one. The P12 is VERY light and will have more downforce. Around a race course the P12 will be a lot faster.

As this car will never race anywhere I can't see that mattering as much as the rake of the seats won't be adjustable and some may find the upright seating very uncomfortable.

I'd definitely have a sit before buying one. The P12 is VERY light and will have more downforce. Around a race course the P12 will be a lot faster.

How do you know? Have you seen it?

Based on what we all know about him and his Ferrari relationship, I highly doubt he is just going to spout conjecture...

Well they could take it to the next level and have different seat molds for different sizes although i highly doubt it, too complicated for a street car. Otherwise, yes, the rake will not be adjustable and it might not be comfortable for everyone.

I am not interested in any new Ferraris anyway, not willing to put up with their bullshit.

Based on what we all know about him and his Ferrari relationship, I highly doubt he is just going to spout conjecture...

The photo's of the tub very clearly show fully formed seats which will be covered I assume in fabric and padding but I don't see rake adjustment. I believe with the seats fixed the dash and pedals will be adjustable.

As for never racing the only class that the 918/P12/New Enzo could race in is the one we do EXP2 Hybrid at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, 24 hours of Spa, 24 Hours of Abu Dhabi, and in Asia and the FIA Alternate Energy Cup which we'll likely win in 2012 with P 4/5 Competizione but the New Enzo's V12 would make it too fuel inefficient for endurance racing so it wouldn't have a chance.

The photo's of the tub very clearly show fully formed seats which will be covered I assume in fabric and padding but I don't see rake adjustment. I believe with the seats fixed the dash and pedals will be adjustable.

As for never racing the only class that the 918/P12/New Enzo could race in is the one we do EXP2 Hybrid at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, 24 hours of Spa, 24 Hours of Abu Dhabi, and in Asia and the FIA Alternate Energy Cup which we'll likely win in 2012 with P 4/5 Competizione but the New Enzo's V12 would make it too fuel inefficient for endurance racing so it wouldn't have a chance.

I meant how do you know the P1 will provide more downforce or will be faster.

What Jota says is not 100% sure, of course, but very probable looking at what we know of the cars: a V12 7.3 liter is heavier and bigger than a 3.8 liter V8, P1 looks smaller and looks to be more extreme on the downforce research design. I think P1 will be faster than F70 on an hadling track, too.

P1 will be more fuel efficient than F70, that sure due to the V12 NA engine that cannot be so fuel efficient as the smaller (almost the half!) P1 twin turbo V8: this is phisics, not an opinion.

Maybe F70 will be more good looking, but let's see.

ciao

What Jota says is not 100% sure, of course, but very probable looking at what we know of the cars: a V12 7.3 liter is heavier and bigger than a 3.8 liter V8, P1 looks smaller and looks to be more extreme on the downforce research design. I think P1 will be faster than F70 on an hadling track, too.

P1 will be more fuel efficient than F70, that sure due to the V12 NA engine that cannot be so fuel efficient as the smaller (almost the half!) P1 twin turbo V8: this is phisics, not an opinion.

Maybe F70 will be more good looking, but let's see.

ciao

Exactly. P12 makes 1300lb of downforce. A lot comes from it's large rear wing/airbrake/with DRS and its radical aerodynamic not aesthetic shape There's no way an F70 can make that amount of downforce without a wing which Luca has said it won't have. The V12 is a lump and with KERS hanging off the rear of the gearbox and not in the front like the 918 the F/R ratio of the F70 will be worse than the P12 and the 918 which won't help it at all on a race course.

The only thing the F70 may be is classically beautiful vs designed for maximum downforce like the P12. The 918's design splits the difference and is nicer rather than super technical aero design.

Ferrari used to make top of the line cars that could Race. This ends with the F70.

We'll have to wait and see I guess. This is the Ferrari halo car, and until we finally see it, I don't think we can really discount it. It's guaranteed to be amazing. Just depends how amazing,

Exactly. P12 makes 1300lb of downforce. A lot comes from it's large rear wing/airbrake/with DRS and its radical aerodynamic not aesthetic shape There's no way an F70 can make that amount of downforce without a wing which Luca has said it won't have. The V12 is a lump and with KERS hanging off the rear of the gearbox and not in the front like the 918 the F/R ratio of the F70 will be worse than the P12 and the 918 which won't help it at all on a race course.

The only thing the F70 may be is classically beautiful vs designed for maximum downforce like the P12. The 918's design splits the difference and is nicer rather than super technical aero design.

Ferrari used to make top of the line cars that could Race. This ends with the F70.

You know a lot about car tech, Jota, your words prove you are a true racecar builder: well done, you do not believe in what you read, you believe in what you see and into what your knowledge says.

+1!

ciao