What to get next?

GBGallardo

Modern cars suck and are so neutered and boring I have zero interest in them.

Cgt is raw and pure and after I bought it I didn't even drive the diablo for months and ill keep it forever. The only other cars I want are an f40, gt3 rs, and manual lp640. If ik were you I would look seriously into a cgt, f40 is waaaaaaaaaay to over priced atm, an a gt3 rs may wor too if you like raw and pure more than endless power

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A CGT is probably fun and you wouldn't lose too much on it, assuming you get a sales tax credit. Ford GT as well, though you will lose on that one if you buy it with low miles and drive it.

If the Aventador was not in the price range you were looking for, I think you are limited to these. Can't think of anything else that would be cool unless you want something classic/vintage.

CGT

FGT

SLR

911 of some sort

I'd go with a Ford GT. You could also TT it if you wanted to make it like the Gallardo. Oh, and a FGT is waaaaaay cooler than a Gallardo, 599, SLR, and most 911s. Since you drive you actually drive your cars it seems, you probably wouldn't want to deal with maintenance on a CGT or SLR. 911 is a love it or hate it thing. 599 is cool, but not as cool as an FGT or CGT.

FGT = bad ass, can be very fast, relatively cheap.

Maintance is part of ownership. After 13k miles on the cgt the only expensive thin is the clutch.

I sourced the maker of the clutch to a california company and the could resurface it for like 2k, but porsche won't let them, dicks wanted 17k for a new one, then 5k for labor. I wen a step back and bougvht frm from posche na for "only" 10k. Next time I'm just finding a good race shop that does work on cc clutches and having them resurface it :-) other than that, the tires have been the most expensive part of ownership

CGT or RR Ghost or Drophead.... Why do the same thing with just a newer G that you just did with your 05 G. But I hear ya nothing out there excites me either.

Go with a luxury car in the meantime and wait for the g replacement, or just to wait in general. Winter is coming up anyways :icon_thumleft: . I think youve had a good run with some of the best sports cars out there, time to switch it up a bit.

Why sell your cars before you have any idea of what you want next?

Probably just like some of us...need the cash flow to pay some bills, perhaps....because from what the OP stated, that's he entire garage!

Rob, how about other investments?

Upgrade your kitchen

A diamond ring

Another book

A boat

If Aventador price range is no good, then maybe sell all your cars, put the money in a bond mutual fund (interests gain are higher than savings and very little risk), then buy a Gallardo replacement ("Cabrera") LP600-4 in 2014. If you sell all your cars, you should be able to get around $450-500K to play with.

Approximate potential sale value:

GT-R - $90K

TTG - $180K

Murcie - $200K

Probably just like some of us...need the cash flow to pay some bills, perhaps....because from what the OP stated, that's he entire garage!

Rob, how about other investments?

Upgrade your kitchen

A diamond ring

Another book

A boat

If Aventador price range is no good, then maybe sell all your cars, put the money in a bond mutual fund (interests gain are higher than savings and very little risk), then buy a Gallardo replacement ("Cabrera") LP600-4 in 2014. If you sell all your cars, you should be able to get around $450-500K to play with.

Approximate potential sale value:

GT-R - $90K

TTG - $180K

Murcie - $200K

He still has a GT-R and a Range Rover Sport S/C. His GT-R is for sale for $59k and the murcie is probably closer to $150k. I agree with the above that I can't see getting rid of a fully built, awesome G only to build another one. I do like the idea of a Ghost, Mulsanne, or Phantom though!

I got my Dad a RR Ghost. Absolutely amazing and comfortable. The opposite of what I like.

The CGT is an epic car as is the Ford GT. I would go GT for short term ownership and CGT or long term. Since the Ford is more afFORDable, it will be easier to flip.

Initially I was thinking to do an LP570 egear car and TT it, but that will be my 5th Gallardo in almost 4 years. Hard to find something exciting as the TTG, and the G is such an awesome platform to begin with. Low maintenance, awesome with turbos, 570 looks amazing, etc.

The new one's a looker, (ducks).

Wish i had the same problem, (love your TTG, by the way); how about a Murcielago SV? Bad-ass, always will be, & limited run so maybe you wouldn't take such a bit hit when the Gallardo replacement comes out, (assuming it's not an ugly bag of shit).

If it were me...

post-102-1349019858.jpg

Perfection.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...63978&st=40

CGT and FGT are awesome ideas. Absolutely love both cars, but I do daily drive my stuff for the most part. Not saying they're impossible to DD, but both of those would take a monster hit putting some serious miles on them. Highly considering the RR Ghost for the meantime. I'm going to try and setup a test drive this week at my dealer.

Murcie SV is not a bad idea either, but not much of a friendly daily. I've found that out with my Murcielago I have now.

Thanks for all the ideas so far!

Why sell your cars before you have any idea of what you want next?

Because once I do decide what I want, then I have the cash sitting there ready to go.

Great suggestion Jason. Hmm! I'm really liking the looks of this one: http://www.bramanbentleypalmbeach.com/used...0a6a4fe5444.htm

I would drive the newer version CGT before you buy the old version Supersports. After spending some time in the newer version CGT, I disliked my Supersports so much, I got rid of it and got the Ghost.

Great suggestion Jason. Hmm! I'm really liking the looks of this one: http://www.bramanbentleypalmbeach.com/used...0a6a4fe5444.htm

That is exactly the car I would go with if I were to choose a Supersports with the color combo. That gray paint is stunning in person. It is very comfortable to drive and has decent power as well so it is the perfect daily imho.

Personally, I think the Ghost drives like a refrigerator. I didn't like it at all, not impressed. I'd go with scuderia 16m over the 458. The 458 lacks soul.

The other thing about a rr is you can make some fun videos with it. Wear your pink tux and be a pimp. Same with an h1 alpha. You could make some cool videos. The alpha won't lose value either.

If you are looking for a combination of luxury and speed it really is hard to beat a 911 Turbo. You may lose SOME money on mileage but you wont be hurting too bad if you picked up a 993

That sound is just om nom om nom

Saw black one pass me coming the opposite way the other day and it was very unimpressive on the road. Had about much presence as a SL.

:iamwithstupid:

458 or TT 430 scud?

Hmm...430 Scud is an interesting idea.

The other thing about a rr is you can make some fun videos with it. Wear your pink tux and be a pimp. Same with an h1 alpha. You could make some cool videos. The alpha won't lose value either.

:thefinger: H1 Alpha would be badass.

If you are looking for a combination of luxury and speed it really is hard to beat a 911 Turbo. You may lose SOME money on mileage but you wont be hurting too bad if you picked up a 993
That sound is just om nom om nom

Just not much of a 911 fan. :\