Thinking of purchasing this Murci... anyone got any stories about it?

Dmark22

Hello everyone. After selling my Diablo last year and drying out I have decided to "fall off the wagon" again and am looking at this Murci at L of Miami:

http://www.lamborghinimiami.com/used/Lambo...7bf51cc39ae.htm

Does anyone know about this car? It appears to have had 4 owners (I know - a lot) and it has 12,000 miles on the odo. The car has just received a major inspection

from Lamborghini of Miami and had a new clutch installed in it 2,000 miles ago. It also has new tires. What say you? What is it worth?

Thanks in advance. :icon_thumleft:

Mark

There were only 2-3 blue monterey roadsters built in 2006. One is a six speed manual and another I know for sure was in California and participated in the giro. I believe this is that same car as the Owner in Cali put the chrome Maya wheels on it. Can't go wrong with the color and the interior was really a nice combo when I saw it years ago. Certainly something worth picking up, I'm just not a fan of the wheels, but that can be changed.

Car looks nice. Looks like WHYTRYY's car. The wheels scare me and would make me question the front differential on the car. I would have that checked. Other than that, best color out there pretty much.

Car looks nice. Looks like WHYTRYY's car. The wheels scare me and would make me question the front differential on the car. I would have that checked. Other than that, best color out there pretty much.

Dealer says they are factory chrome wheels and they have the documentation to prove it :eusa_think:

There were only 2-3 blue monterey roadsters built in 2006. One is a six speed manual and another I know for sure was in California and participated in the giro. I believe this is that same car as the Owner in Cali put the chrome Maya wheels on it. Can't go wrong with the color and the interior was really a nice combo when I saw it years ago. Certainly something worth picking up, I'm just not a fan of the wheels, but that can be changed.

This car has never been titled in California.

New York, Miami, Houston titles

HMMMM

This car has never been titled in California.

New York, Miami, Houston titles

HMMMM

That doesn't mean it wasn't owned and operated in Cali. Many owners of exotics have multiple residences and/or places where their cars are titled.

That doesn't mean it wasn't owned and operated in Cali. Many owners of exotics have multiple residences and/or places where their cars are titled.

Yes that is true. Other thing is, all of the inspections were shown to be in those states too, although the owner could have moved the car back and forth...

Dealer says they are factory chrome wheels and they have the documentation to prove it :eusa_think:

Yeah, no... From the pictures they look to be Maya wheels. They didn't make, to my knowledge, a factory chromed wheel. Those are aftermarket.

110% Aftermarket. The original owner may have purchased them new when the car was bought, but they are not factory. Hard to tell if there would be any differential issues because it would have just taken one set of incorrect tire sizes to screw it up. I think the 235/35-19 and 345/25-20 setup has been well discussed here before.

So right off the bat, you will be dealing with either a clueless dealer or a lying dealer

Either one is no good.....and a divsion of prestige makes me think the latter.

Yeah, no... From the pictures they look to be Maya wheels. They didn't make, to my knowledge, a factory chromed wheel. Those are aftermarket.

I've seen factory wheels that are chrome. I don't know when in the process they were chromed (at factory, after delivery, etc.) but I agree completely,

Those are aftermarket Mayas.

I've seen factory wheels that are chrome. I don't know when in the process they were chromed (at factory, after delivery, etc.) but I agree completely,

Those are aftermarket Mayas.

Lamborghini produced a black chrome set of Hermera wheels for the LP 640 in 2008 I believe. It was never offered on the Murcielago variant with the Hercules wheels. At least I am pretty sure about that. All that said, these are not factory, as we all know.

I would love to see said "documentation" of them being from the factory. That could be humorous.

Love the color (quite frankly my favorite)

Hate the wheels

am so-so on the interior.

If the car checks out, pull the trigger.

Its got the cabon fiber interior package, so thats nice, the two tone leather, course I love roadsters.

Sadly, its got the stock brakes, the stock steal engine brace (the optional one is carbon fiber)

All of that is forgiveable, soley based on the color. Kick ass!

Love the color (quite frankly my favorite)

Hate the wheels

am so-so on the interior.

If the car checks out, pull the trigger.

Its got the cabon fiber interior package, so thats nice, the two tone leather, course I love roadsters.

Sadly, its got the stock brakes, the stock steal engine brace (the optional one is carbon fiber)

All of that is forgiveable, soley based on the color. Kick ass!

Thanks guys. I think I am going to pass on it based on the wheel issue and the fact that it has a bit too many miles for my taste. The guy won't come down beyond 170K for it either and I think thats too much considering the miles.

Thanks guys. I think I am going to pass on it based on the wheel issue and the fact that it has a bit too many miles for my taste. The guy won't come down beyond 170K for it either and I think thats too much considering the miles.

Yeah, while that price is less then mine was, I got mine from a lambo dealership, with 2,400 miles, all the same options (just not that color), PLUS Carbon Ceramic Brakes, and the good wheels, and a 'you have my word' warranty from the Owner of the dealership. (Which I got a number of items fixed on their dime in their service department). But my 'base' price wasnt that much more then yours.. although that nice hefty 10% sales tax in chicago sure hurt.

Jon

I believe this is one of the cars from my area. I put an exhaust on the car and then removed it when he sold it... Guy was the first owner of it I believe...

...and a divsion of prestige makes me think the latter.

Prestige Imports and Lamborghini Miami are one and the same.

I believe this is one of the cars from my area. I put an exhaust on the car and then removed it when he sold it... Guy was the first owner of it I believe...

Based on the interior, this is a different car. Here are some pics of it:

post-12593-1349331150_thumb.jpg

post-12593-1349331209_thumb.jpg