My Recent Trip To Italy....

Jpegs13

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT 2 of the 4 cars are Ferraris! Now I can gurarantee there isn't a Lamborghini within 5000 meters of the Ferrari factory.

We grab a quick cup of coffee and head over for our tour.

Wrong. There is a green Gallardo 570 SL for rent as short driving experience less than 300 meters from the Ferrari Factory, togheter to a bunch of Ferrari California, 430 and others all for rent as short driving experience. Within 1000 meters there is also a LP700 for rent as small driving experience, among many Ferrari. Just seen with my eyes.

I can tell you that a relative that has a very important job in the Ferrari F1 racing department (GES) saw an Orange LP700 crossing the Ferrari gate and told me that most of Ferrari workers turned their heads to see what that beauty was: Ferrari workers see a lot of great supercars every day, but the orange LP700 shocked them all despite this.

I do not know if today there is a Ferrari that could shock most of Lamborghini workers if it crossed the Lamborghini factory gate.

ciao

Thanks for the info Albert! I agree wholeheartedly, the Aventador is a beauty to LOOK at. I'm just not sure of the relaibility. Parts for my LP640 are near impossible to get and always "on order". At least Ferrari stocks parts

When I first got mine I was shocked by your issues with the comfort and the shifting in automatic strada mode. I did not understand how anyone could have a problem with it. Then I heard about the big difference in the software update.

I think the suspension software change that occurred in the timeframe before I got my Aventador and after you sold yours probably fixed your problems with the car. My petite wife thinks the Aventador is a very comfortable ride! Trust me, if it was too rough she would not be shy about telling me. I am sure the 2013 will be even softer as they have announced, but the 2012 LP-700 with the latest software is apparently very different than the early deliveries. I wouldn't want it any softer.

I don't believe there's any Aventador suspension software update, or that you can even change the Aventador suspension set up with just software. I don't really know how to explain it to you, but the Aventador's suspension isn't harsh. I never said it was. It just reacts to every little unseen perfection on even newly paved roads, and it constantly bounces you around (not harshly). Before it can settle down it hits another unseen perfection, so there's a constant floating/bouncing feeling. It's like it's just too sensitive. Under hard acceleration (when the suspension is under load) it performed like it should. And on the hwy it performed well too. When cruising around at 30-50mph on regular roads, it was not acceptable. I even sent the car back to the dealer and they had someone directly from Lamborghini check it out. After having it for a week, they didn't make any changes, and gave me the, "that's just how it is," speech. Apparently that's not just how it is, since they have now told me that new cars will have a new suspension. The Aventador's suspension was actually less harsh than my 911 Turbo S in sport mode, yet a lot less comfortable to drive. There's more to a suspension set up than just making it stiff or not stiff.

BTW, I didn't have any issues with the shifting on my car, I just prefer a dual clutch over a single clutch. I do like the neck braking shifts in Corsa mode, if they could program those into a dual clutch that would be great. I didn't have the same tranny issues others had, I was fine with it. I have said that the Aventador's single clutch was the best I have driven. But that's like saying its the best hand job I have ever gotten... :jackoff:

Your car may ride different than mine did, but its also likely that you are just a different driver who uses the car differently. You also seem to be way more easy going than me, and I suspect your wife is a lot more tolerant than mine when it comes to these things.

Thanks for the info Albert! I agree wholeheartedly, the Aventador is a beauty to LOOK at. I'm just not sure of the relaibility. Parts for my LP640 are near impossible to get and always "on order". At least Ferrari stocks parts

I do not think LP700 is very reliable, but i do not think there ever has been a reliable Lamborghini: Miura was a disaster!

Do not think Ferrrari does not have problems: small numbers car models do have problems, whatever their brand is.

May be you do not know that a Ferrari 348 side mirrorr costs 2000+ euro... may be it's available but who wants to pay 2000 euro for a side mirror of a 30 K euro car? None...

Yes, Lamborghini factory did and still does a lot of errors, but do not think that contenders are so much better, and they do not still have the Lambo outrageous look.

I would like to see a new Gallardo replacement too, but let's wait.

You should think that brand new F12 (on delivery next month) has an aluminium frame and the LP700 (already sold in 1000+ pieces) has a full CF frame...

So Ferrari is a big factory and does fantastic cars, but not better than the smaller Lambo .

Of course this is just to talk a bit, i understand what you mean and it's not all wrong. :icon_thumleft:

ciao

I don't believe there's any Aventador suspension software update, or that you can even change the Aventador suspension set up with just software. I don't really know how to explain it to you, but the Aventador's suspension isn't harsh. I never said it was. It just reacts to every little unseen perfection on even newly paved roads, and it constantly bounces you around (not harshly). Before it can settle down it hits another unseen perfection, so there's a constant floating/bouncing feeling. It's like it's just too sensitive. Under hard acceleration (when the suspension is under load) it performed like it should. And on the hwy it performed well too. When cruising around at 30-50mph on regular roads, it was not acceptable. I even sent the car back to the dealer and they had someone directly from Lamborghini check it out. After having it for a week, they didn't make any changes, and gave me the, "that's just how it is," speech. Apparently that's not just how it is, since they have now told me that new cars will have a new suspension. The Aventador's suspension was actually less harsh than my 911 Turbo S in sport mode, yet a lot less comfortable to drive. There's more to a suspension set up than just making it stiff or not stiff.

BTW, I didn't have any issues with the shifting on my car, I just prefer a dual clutch over a single clutch. I do like the neck braking shifts in Corsa mode, if they could program those into a dual clutch that would be great. I didn't have the same tranny issues others had, I was fine with it. I have said that the Aventador's single clutch was the best I have driven. But that's like saying its the best hand job I have ever gotten... :jackoff:

Your car may ride different than mine did, but its also likely that you are just a different driver who uses the car differently. You also seem to be way more easy going than me, and I suspect your wife is a lot more tolerant than mine when it comes to these things.

Sounds like its not dampened properly

I figured that was something not entirely right about you, like you were hiding something, I guess I was right.

Well you are both right and wrong.

There's a lot not right with me, but I haven't been hiding anything. As formentioned, I was "hiding" in plain sight. Several others hre were more than aware of it.

Just as in the past, I never went aroun posting pics ad looking for congrats. My self worth is not made nor broken by the cars I drive. Hell, I don't even take pics of my own cars and never take a pic ofme next to it :-

Yay he can spell :icon_thumleft:

DCX I know what you mean I never pose next to my cars and I don't really have any photos of them but sharing here isn't bragging it's being part of the community.

I think I remember reading about you, somebody please correct me if I am wrong,lawnmower business, yellow Lambo, living with parents and something to do with food stamps? I am sorry if I got it wrong and apologies to jepegs13 for going off topic.

DCX I know what you mean I never pose next to my cars and I don't really have any photos of them but sharing here isn't bragging it's being part of the community.

I think I remember reading about you, somebody please correct me if I am wrong,lawnmower business, yellow Lambo, living with parents and something to do with food stamps? I am sorry if I got it wrong and apologies to jepegs13 for going off topic.

I can spell, my damn phone can't keep up ith my thumbs, and I don't care enough to proof read or spell check

And most of that is right, or was right :)

As I'm sure most can tell, I don't care at all what other people think of me. Good, bad, indifferent. Love me or hate me, I don't care at all

And sorry for the hijack too :(

I can move back in with my parents, and probably get food stamps, but nobody has a lawn in NYC. Also, most of my friends are married so can't share a house with a bunch of guys either.

DCX what do I do?

I can move back in with my parents, and probably get food stamps, but nobody has a lawn in NYC. Also, most of my friends are married so can't share a house with a bunch of guys either.

DCX what do I do?

Get some "obama money"? Lol

Like I aid, not all of that was right, or is. But I don't care either :D

That's a shit load of tidy cat.

I'm sure women everywhere will be devastated the crazy cat man is "off the market". Hahahaha

I figured you wuld be the one to point that out, they poop A LOT!!!