My Recent Trip To Italy....

Jpegs13

I don't believe there's any Aventador suspension software update, or that you can even change the Aventador suspension set up with just software. I don't really know how to explain it to you, but the Aventador's suspension isn't harsh. I never said it was. It just reacts to every little unseen perfection on even newly paved roads, and it constantly bounces you around (not harshly). Before it can settle down it hits another unseen perfection, so there's a constant floating/bouncing feeling. It's like it's just too sensitive.

Sorry if I misquoted you. Word from the factory was the software update improved the comfort of the ride and the shifts in strada and sport modes. Who it accomplished that, I don't know or care, but the ride was supposedly improved. My dealer said it was noticeable.

BTW, I didn't have any issues with the shifting on my car, I just prefer a dual clutch over a single clutch. I do like the neck braking shifts in Corsa mode, if they could program those into a dual clutch that would be great. I didn't have the same tranny issues others had, I was fine with it. I have said that the Aventador's single clutch was the best I have driven. But that's like saying its the best hand job I have ever gotten... :jackoff:

I like the rougher the better. The single clutch whip in corsa mode is how I drive most of the time after it is warmed up.

Your car may ride different than mine did, but its also likely that you are just a different driver who uses the car differently. You also seem to be way more easy going than me, and I suspect your wife is a lot more tolerant than mine when it comes to these things.

I thought the opposite. You like DCT, I hate the smoothness. I like rough and raw, full throttle shifts. My wife is probably more tolerant, but she is used to Hummer H1's and riding go karts with me (which is much rougher of a ride than any car).

Either way, I will be interested in your opinion if you try a newer 2012 and what your opinion will be of the 2013 changes. :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ragin', the reason I mentioned the expressions on the workers faces is because at Ferrari, they all have this sense of bravado, they LOOK proud and strut around like doctors at an operating table.

Lambo guys just look like Union workers in a GM plant...... just waiting for retirement

Cool!! They must have a better union contract over there. ;-)

I can try harder to up your enjoyment, if you really care that much :/

If one of the other mods want to ban you that's fine by me. I've actually thought of a better solution for you.

Sorry if I misquoted you. Word from the factory was the software update improved the comfort of the ride and the shifts in strada and sport modes. Who it accomplished that, I don't know or care, but the ride was supposedly improved. My dealer said it was noticeable.

I like the rougher the better. The single clutch whip in corsa mode is how I drive most of the time after it is warmed up.

I thought the opposite. You like DCT, I hate the smoothness. I like rough and raw, full throttle shifts. My wife is probably more tolerant, but she is used to Hummer H1's and riding go karts with me (which is much rougher of a ride than any car).

Either way, I will be interested in your opinion if you try a newer 2012 and what your opinion will be of the 2013 changes. :icon_thumleft:

Yeah, if I get the chance to drive a 2013, I will definitely give it a shot. If the suspension rides much better, I would consider owning another one. I would probably go for black or grey though, even though I prefer VI or the new red.

If one of the other mods want to ban you that's fine by me. I've actually thought of a better solution for you.

Lol, that works

I am mildy disturbed by your obession with me though. The fact you remembered me and how may times you've banned me thinks you should let it go and get another hobby, its just the internet man. But all the best wishes! :)

John, Thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds disappointing.

I would have the same expectations of the museum, and while I'm not sure what I'd expect from the factory - I know at the company I worked at for for many years - I loved it when our customers asked for plant tours because we were proud as hell of all our operations.

Everything was clean as possible which isn't easy in a plant that manufactures wallboard or ceiling tile or ceiling grid (not to mention other messy construction products). The company was non-union (still is) and everyone walked around proud as a peacock - and that was drywall. I'd hope there's be some pride around manufacturing a world famous Italian supercar - but I guess to some a job is a job. Still - I think I'd be disappointed from the sound of your experience.

Glad it was otherwise a great trip.

Lol, that works

I am mildy disturbed by your obession with me though. The fact you remembered me and how may times you've banned me thinks you should let it go and get another hobby, its just the internet man. But all the best wishes! :)

I've changed my mind. Bon Voyage!

Two phonys in as many weeks do I get some sort of prize :icon_mrgreen:

He's actually not a phony. He owns the cars he said he has.

Two phonys in as many weeks do I get some sort of prize :icon_mrgreen:

Being a jerk trumps phony, so you still win a prize...... 2 weeks on a cruise with Allan and his family

He's actually not a phony. He owns the cars he said he has.

I knew he owned the cars, what I meant by a phony, he wasn't genuine, hiding his previously known identity on LP.

Wasn't there some mention on this thread of John being unhappy with the factory? Somehow all I see is pallets of kitty litter?

Being a jerk trumps phony, so you still win a prize...... 2 weeks on a cruise with Allan and his family

I know we went off topic but the punishment must fit the crime :icon_mrgreen:

Wasn't there some mention on this thread of John being unhappy with the factory? Somehow all I see is pallets of kitty litter?

Amen brudda! I was just communicating the fact that Lambo is loosing it's luster and identity, and the thread went into the shitter....

WTF is with this place lately?! So many people trashing other people's cars and just general stupidity. This is supposed to be a place to HELP others with cars and share knowledge, not a bunch of whiny stupid asses.

Shit, if some guy loves his Yugo give him a pat on the back and share what you know. And if you're fortunate enough to own an exotic or the like, be grateful. Karma boys, karma

I just read the the entire thread again, so, where are pics of the hot girls?

I think you need a hobby. :icon_mrgreen:

Eyebrows already has an hobby... :icon_mrgreen:

ciao

post-23010-1349345748.jpg