Aventador Prices? Depreciation?

Fine2NR

So is the rough concensus that an Orange '12 Aventador with 3k miles should retail for around $400k, and could likely be worth $370k in one year, and maybe $350k after two (driving 1k per year)? Does anyone significantly disagree with this?

I don't think in 2yrs a then 3 1/2 yr old first year Aventador will be worth 350k. They have already produced over 2000 of them. Inmo 285/300k

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think in 2yrs a then 3 1/2 yr old first year Aventador will be worth 350k. They have already produced over 2000 of them. Inmo 285/300k

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid off. What you describe above would appear to be more consistent with the historical depreciation of LP-640s.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid off. What you describe above would appear to be more consistent with the historical depreciation of LP-640s.

Well that and the fact that they have already produced 2000 Aventadors, 50% of all the Murci's ever sold. Considering the roadster has a usable top, I can't see how 2012 coupes won't drop unless the demand from Asia/ME continues at this historic pace.

Well that and the fact that they have already produced 2000 Aventadors, 50% of all the Murci's ever sold. Considering the roadster has a usable top, I can't see how 2012 coupes won't drop unless the demand from Asia/ME continues at this historic pace.

I don't see how the demand overseas plays into the resale? Are lots of folks overseas buying that many US cars and shipping them over?

I don't see how the demand overseas plays into the resale? Are lots of folks overseas buying that many US cars and shipping them over?

Lamborghini stated very clearly at the beginning that only 4000 Aventadors will be made. I am not sure whether they never expected such a demand or what. So in two years we are at 2000. What happens when they get to 4000 in another 2 years approximately? I cant see them stopping production in 2015-2016 just 4 yrs after a release when these cars are usually meant to last a decade or so. So if they truly end up selling 6000-8000 cars, there just arent that many people in this country that can afford to buy $400-500k cars and maintain them long term. It is all speculation but i think the depreciation in price will be in line with the Murci/LP640s and maybe worse. Well equipped LPs were going for $405-410k and in 5-6yrs are half price. I guess time will tell.

Lamborghini stated very clearly at the beginning that only 4000 Aventadors will be made.

Can you link to that? I never remember a commitment to capping production.

Can you link to that? I never remember a commitment to capping production.

That is the same article i had read. And as i said above even if they officially said 4000, there is no way they are going to stop at 4,000 at year 5 of its introduction. It would not make business sense. Trust me i hope they make 8000 so i can pick one up for $200k in four years :)

It's not official. There's no way Lamborghini will stop at 4,000.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars...4000-aventadors

If there's one thing weve learned from Winkys time at Lamborghini,it's "If they keep buying them,we'll keep selling them". He's got one job to do there and it's to make Lamborghini profitable for Audi.

We haven't seen 72 different variations and special edition Aventadors like we have with the Gallardo...so that should be some indication they won't be stopping production any time soon.

The Aventador sales will slow with the new V10 model offering a more affordable and almost equally mental option. Then the Urus will arrive to keep the factory very busy. I think the life cycle of the Aventador will be shorter than a Muricelago. My guess is a 7-year model run with a total of 4100 Aventador's built. They finally have the brand growing and doing well, they will not make the same mistakes.

Keep in mind, the Aventador is a 100% "clean sheet" new car. Its replacement will share the same chassis, and engine (with some mods). It will be much easier (and cheaper) for them to bring the next V12 model to the market then it was with the Aventador (design time, testing, engine and chassis homologation, etc). I think that we will see the next V12 production model in 2018.

• 1 month later...
So if they truly end up selling 6000-8000 cars, there just arent that many people in this country that can afford to buy $400-500k cars and maintain them long term.

By this country you mean USA? There are other countries too, for ex, Chinese demand can go much bigger in short time...

I read from latest Robb Report that Porsches supply to US is now as strong as it was, but it is lot smaller portion of the whole amount of Porsches sold world vide.