Rhershey

Allan-Herbie

I know, I can't believe the overspray of red on other parts. But if you are going to do a total restoration anyway then I do not think that matters right?

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know, I can't believe the overspray of red on other parts. But if you are going to do a total restoration anyway then I do not think that matters right?

The engine smokes like a freight train.

Just my .02 being a business owner, I would buy back the car at the pruchase price. Unfortunately for the buyer you would lose out on tax and transport. Either step up and bring it to Evans and in two years you will break even on the car or lose some money now and move on. Time is money for both of you and to just retain a lawyer I bet will be $5k. I truly hope you two work it out. It is an unfortunate experience for BOTH PARTIES.

I tried real hard to work this out and I got nowhere. It was not me that did not try to work this out. It was a great day for him to see this car leave and a unfortunate nightmare for me when it got to my place. No pity for him at all from me.

1003144[/url]']

Here is a link to one of the ads that are still remaining: http://www.classicitaliancarsforsale.com/1...countach-5000s/

One part of this ad states: "Exterior: Beautiful finish with a deep reflection in a one of a kind stunning color Merlot Rosso. Very few paint flaws in this fine example."

From what we can see in Russell's pics, there seems to be quite a few paint flaws.

Just red the add based on that add you'd think you will be getting a concourse ready Countach, the vendor is simply a crook and deserves to be taken to the cleaners but as I said I am afraid he will get away with it.

RHershey, I truly feel sorry for you, it will cost you lots of $$$, wasted time and frustration but I hope you will a least get some satisfaction at the end of it all. Good Luck.

Just red the add based on that add you'd think you will be getting a concourse ready Countach, the vendor is simply a crook and deserves to be taken to the cleaners but as I said I am afraid he will get away with it.

RHershey, I truly feel sorry for you, it will cost you lots of $$$, wasted time and frustration but I hope you will a least get some satisfaction at the end of it all. Good Luck.

I have to try. I will let my pictures do the work for me. I really don't need to say a lot. I am sure that this is going to hit all of the other sites and people can judge for themselves what just happened to me.

Situation can be resoved with $5000, wtf.

Russell,

Here is the last Ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5000sFI-/12...forcev4exp=true

From the description:

"Showroom paint...

Always in perfect condition...

No leaks...

No smoke...

Runs and drives excellent...

Starts right up...

Fitted with very rare factory polished wheels and finished in a beautiful Merlot rosso over duel blk/red interior with just 36,954 one owner kilometers(22,962miles). Clean lines with no rear spoiler or after market sideskirts. Clean Carfax never in accident or damaged. Always garaged & serviced with a full documented history throughout its lifetime

"

Now, how the hell does this sound like the car that you ended up with? Is there anything there that says that this car is a rolling shitbox that needs a total restoration? Somehow the words showroom, excellent and perfect are not synonymous with the hunk of shit that you actually ended up with. And as far as the "never damaged" part goes, the restoration that car received caused far more damage than any accident could of.

Rhershey - this is so sad. I wish you luck in your legal pursuit and applaud your efforts to close down a guy who shouldn't be in business.

Also thanks for posting your experiences - there's a good lesson in it about not trusting pictures and the need to look at a car in person (or maybe have someone you trust do it for you).

Bring the ad and the car to a courthouse and let a judge decide.

From Tony's own posts regarding the car on LP:

I didn't like it but next to the red and black, boy does it stand tall!

Let's see, what exactly does that term "stand tall" mean? In the my business the term means looking tip top, as good as you can get or ready to be presented for show. With the photos that Russell has shown us, the only place this car would stand tall would be in the middle of a junk yard.

I get the call and buy the car over the phone(no pic), I was wondering how this(Merlot) would look, then the truck opened up and the sun hit the side of her......I just smiled!

You smiled when you saw this mess come out of the trailer? Seriously?

My 85fi car needs some finishing(mainly interior)

Ok, so there you have it, the seller even states that the main issue is with the interior so in Tony's world, the painted moldings, painted wiring, horrific paint work, etc are just fine. Give me a fcuking break.

This is my favorite part though:

russle why did you turn down me picking you up at the airport? -Tony

didn't I suggest you fly here?

informed him to fly here and that I would pick him up at the Airport,

Dude, you're lucky he didn't fly in and see you and the car in person, if it was me I would have probably beat the shit out of you for trying to pawn off that jalopy on me.

And lastly, the part about the car being at Lamborghini Sarasota a few months prior...

Yes It was getting a compression test and inspection!

Seeing as how your Lamborghini restoration experience is limited to polishing cars and then spray bombing the engine compartment with flat black paint, we can only assume that the car was at Lamborghini Sarasota for a pre purchase inspection for another client. If that was indeed the case then why didn't the other client purchase the car? :eusa_think:

Russell, forget about making a deal with this shyster and nail his ass in court. If you haven't found an attorney to represent you then drop me a PM and I'll hook you up with an attorney down here. The best part of this deal is that because of the diverse jurisdiction, unless jurisdiction is specified in the purchase agreement, you can nail this guy in federal court. I'd love to see a federal judge see the ad descriptions and then look at the photos, he'll hand this guy his ass on a plate.

Unfortunately we'v entered a new era of online car sales where unscrupulous vendors will go through great lengths to make cars look good in photos online in order to trick the buyers into thinking the car is something that it's not. These tactics coupled with slick salesmanship and carefully worded purchase agreements results with people ending up in Russell's position. Perfect example is Tony Reinzi's claimed to be near perfect DD CT, throughout his ads he never makes any mention of the car being a repaint with a color change. He provides the buyer with detailed photos of the engine compartment which upon first glance looks fine, that is until you take a good look and realize that he's probably used a case of flat black paint spray bombing everything he could in order to make the car look better, look for yourselves...

tony_reinzi_1.jpg

tony_reinzi_2.jpg

tony_reinzi_3.jpg

tony_reinzi_4.jpg

Unfortunately we'v entered a new era of online car sales where unscrupulous vendors will go through great lengths to make cars look good in photos online in order to trick the buyers into thinking the car is something that it's not. These tactics coupled with slick salesmanship and carefully worded purchase agreements results with people ending up in Russell's position. Perfect example is Tony Reinzi's claimed to be near perfect DD CT, throughout his ads he never makes any mention of the car being a repaint with a color change. He provides the buyer with detailed photos of the engine compartment which upon first glance looks fine, that is until you take a good look and realize that he's probably used a case of flat black paint spray bombing everything he could in order to make the car look better, look for yourselves...

Car sold for 259k and the buyer loves it! I didnt know it was a color change till you guys informed me.

Russell,

From the description:

Now, how the hell does this sound like the car that you ended up with? Is there anything there that says that this car is a rolling shitbox that needs a total restoration? Somehow the words showroom, excellent and perfect are not synonymous with the hunk of shit that you actually ended up with. And as far as the "never damaged" part goes, the restoration that car received caused far more damage than any accident could of.

Thanks for the Ebay site I have made a copy of it!

Russell,

From the description:

PM sent Thanks

you guys have way to much time on your hands. russle was told exactly how the car was, jams and all. he never bought the car off ebay that was month before if the car was retailed not wholesaled we would have finished the jams out. but he said not to just send it up for the 80k and his shop would finish the car he had it sold for 120++ then he lost his guy. I don't sit in front of my computer like you all seem to do and I like checking this site out to see how bored you all are. Heading out with the family again you guys should try that.

PS all the CT's sold did 165+ so he bought a car that needed cosmetic work for half the price, Lambo of Sarasota will verify the car ran fine russle switched the wires to get a refund. let the courts decide but I sold him the car wholesale, he said he was a car dealer and "as is " means what it says. it was not in the condition of my other cars and thats why it sold for 50% of my other 5000s cars. Also its a 2 valve fi car not to common. he should market and restore it and he will do well with it.

you guys have way to much time on your hands.

Is that your best defense?

let the courts decide but I sold him the car wholesale, he said he was a car dealer and "as is " means what it says.

Look up fraudulent inducement and negligent misrepresentation and you'll understand. "As is" does not mean as is when it comes to transactions like this one, here's some recent case law for you to ponder...

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/component/co...e-brokers-world

Also its a 2 valve fi car not to common. he should market and restore it and he will do well with it.

YEP! Just like this car...

I didnt know it was a color change till you guys informed me.

And there lies the reason you should not be in the Lamborghini selling business.

If you 2 guys are going to play with these cars, you should know everything right down to all the colors names. See, if you ignored your wife's reasons for being on this internet forum, you could have joined in in the many conversations about colors. Plus then you would have known that we confirmed that it was a non Lamborghini color.

And there lies the reason you should not be in the Lamborghini selling business.

If you 2 guys are going to play with these cars, you should know everything right down to all the colors names. See, if you ignored your wife's reasons for being on this internet forum, you could have joined in in the many conversations about colors and known that we confirmed that it was a non Lamborghini color.

Im no historian ,told russle it was originally black