NCAA Football Thread

Roman

You're right. We should schedule like Oregon/Arizona who have only played one decent opponent between the two of them(Each other so it killed both teams with one stone). Lets see, Oregon has played ARKANSAS STATE, FRESNO STATE, and TENNESSEE TECH. Arizona has played TOLEDO OKSt and SC State. So somehow since they're playing each other this week their schedule thus far hasn't been

Did you just say Oklahoma State is a cupcake? Sorry. I'm not going to waste my time after that.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, that was what I meant when I said ONE team between the two thus far.

Best

EDIT - I see the confusion. I edited the post earlier and it seems like Im saying playing each other is the first. What I actually meant was that they would BOTH have a decent game this weekend because they're playing each other.

No, that was what I meant when I said ONE team between the two thus far.

Best

EDIT - I see the confusion. I edited the post earlier and it seems like Im saying playing each other is the first. What I actually meant was that they would BOTH have a decent game this weekend because they're playing each other.

Well, that's kinda my point. I would like to see everybody adopt the classic PAC 10 schedule.

1 non conference non AQ BCS team. 2 non conference AQ BCS teams... The rest in conference. No division 1aa.

Ohio State started this bullshit around a dozen years ago... And now it seems everybody has gone to it except the old school dynasties of Notre Dame, SC, Stanford and UCLA. (ND plays the Acadamies, but they do that because of history, not to avoid AQ teams), And their records suffer for it. But at least it makes for a more interesting season.

I know that Alabama has played Michigan And I wouldn't characterize them as cupcakes... But look at their second to last game of the year. Jesus Christ. That's the week most teams are in fierce rivalries for buckets and trophies and heritage. They're playing some Division 1aa team? That's the ultimate cupcake aking because they know a loss against Michigan in game one won't hurt them. A gimme in game 11 is worth a lot more.

So they play two sun belt teams, a big 10 team and adiv 1aa team. Color me unimpressed.

I personally love having big name non-conference games. I liked Michigan this year, Penn State two previous years, and VT prior to that.

I think a playoff would be great, but I don't know how it would effect scheduling. Would they schedule better non-con teams to actually build skills via diversity or would they stay the same as current if not worse and just try to put it all on the line in play-offs/wild card?

Best

I personally love having big name non-conference games. I liked Michigan this year, Penn State two previous years, and VT prior to that.

I think a playoff would be great, but I don't know how it would effect scheduling. Would they schedule better non-con teams to actually build skills via diversity or would they stay the same as current if not worse and just try to put it all on the line in play-offs/wild card?

Best

I'd like to see the gamesmanship in scheduling cease. And simply make it a requirement of being in that "AQ" status. No 1aa. And at least 2 AQ non conf. And in exchange you get that auto bid if you win your conference.

If they don't want to do it, then just shorten the fcuking season. Make them get it done in nine games if they're going to waste three.

This just in, South Carolina vs Missouri is the worst game I've seen in years.

Spurrier is nuttier than squirrel shit, and Mizz 15th string QB couldn't throw a football in a tire if it was a monster truck tire.

I hope Or/Ariz and FSU/Clem deliver.

Best

Um. SEC in trouble all over. Rutgers beating Arkansas. Akron tied with Tennesee. And LSU up by 2 on a really BAD Auburn team, that doesn't bode well for LSUs strength.

Clemson up on an overrated FSU team. Kansas St up on an a perpetually overrated Oklahoma team. Notre Dame embarrassing a not very good Michigan team.

AND IS IT JUST ME, OR have Notre Dames helmets gotten ridiculous? They lookalike something my kid would paint in art class.

Louisiana Tech, ABSOLUTELY TAKING ILLINOIS APART, AT ILLINOIS! (You will Notice, they are in my top 25)

Can I just reiterate how much I dislike the read option? As a play, it's fine. As an entire offense, I hate it.

So, gameday wouldn't predict a winner in the Arizona Oregon game. Instead they picked the total number of points. I think the lowest was 77. Somebody said 91.

So far in the 2nd, we have 7 total.

So much for that.

Louisiana Tech, ABSOLUTELY TAKING ILLINOIS APART, AT ILLINOIS! (You will Notice, they are in my top 25)

Is the Big 10 that bad this season???

FSU basically beating Clemson into submission

What a crazy first quarter up there at Autzen

BTW... If you went to bed early, too bad.... Because next weeks games SUCK!

And the top 25 (I know the Oregon Arizona game isnt QUITE over yet... But Arizona aint going to score 49 in 3 minutes....)

1 Alabama

2 LSU

3 Oregon

4 South Carolina

5 Stanford

6 TCU

7 West VA

8 Baylor

9 Cinci

10 Kansas St

11 Georgia

12 Florida State

13 Rutgers

14 Ohio

15 Texas

16 Notre Dame

17 Louisiana Tech

18 Florida

19 Mississippi St

20 Louisville

21 Iowa State

22 Texas Tech

23 Northwestern

24 Ohio State

25 Oregon St

On the bubble, UTSA, Minnesota, Toledo, Washington and USC.

Notes: Nebraska beat up to the tune of 73 to 7 the Idaho Vandals.... Who I coincidentally have ranked #124 out of 124 teams... I say this not to poke fun at Idaho, but to point out what a worthless piece of shit I think Nebraska is for doing it.... You've proven NOTHING except that you suck, you play in the WORST BCS division, and you have no class...

Lowest ranked BCS Team- Auburn at 119 thanks to their three losses and one win IN OVERTIME over Louisiana Monroe... (No BCS AQ team has dropped 4 yet)...

On a side note, the Big Ten hasn't looked this awful in years, definitely not my lifetime. Notre Dame beats Michigan, 13-3, with Michigan having 5, repeat 5 turnovers! That game shouldn't have been that close. If i was ND I wouldn't be that happy for the W. It was a cripple fight.

Not to mention, when will Michigan wake up and play someone else besides Denard, sure he's decent, but this was his worst game in his career. Why the eff wouldn't you put the backup in at some point. Really? Was 6 turnover the magic number? Hell, if i was the backup, I wouldn't even dress for the next game.

Washington knocks off stanford....

I saw the end of the game. Worst throw ever. How the hell do you overthrow a 6'8 receiver so he gets intercepted by a 5'11db?

The wheels have come off the Ramblin' Wreck... Georgia Tech losing to Middle Tennessee, (Which I believe is an acting school for Elvis impersonators) 35 to 21 late in the third.

Everybody is talking about how BAD the Big ten looks this year.... But the ACC looks HORRIBLE....