Interior Garage Color???

dallas

I am building a new house and am trying to decide which paint color to go. I was thinking all black walls including the ceiling with a yellow eight to ten inch band all the way around the garage about three to four feet off the ground.( My Gallardo is yellow, thats why a yellow band. ) I would like to know what you guys think, if this would look good or not. I am also open to your opinions as to what would look best. Thanks for your input.

All black might be a bit too much if there is no natural light, etc.

How much natural light will you have in the garage?

What will the architecture of your house be?

Will your garage be visible from any other room in the house ?

The color scheme will depend on many other design elements and because I don't know what they are at this stage I tend to believe all black will be too much.

Well.. got to disagree somewhat with my friend Fortis here ..!

I sort of went half black... I thought full black would have been too much but in hindsight I wish I'd gone for it.

In fact what I keep meaning to do is re-do all the walls in black polished plaster for a sort of a marble effect - I think that, with a yellow Lambo and a mirrored perspex Lamborghini emblem backlit with blue LED's would look awesome!

lucidato_black_132_p__1_.jpg

P1020700.jpg

It is a side entry 3 car garage with one window in the front about 6x7. I put 15 flourecent lights in the garage so lots of light. No the garage it not visible from any other room in the house.

Well.. got to disagree somewhat with my friend Fortis here ..!

I sort of went half black... I thought full black would have been too much but in hindsight I wish I'd gone for it.

In fact what I keep meaning to do is re-do all the walls in black polished plaster for a sort of a marble effect - I think that, with a yellow Lambo and a mirrored perspex Lamborghini emblem backlit with blue LED's would look awesome!

I love the marble effect plaster, did you go full black wall or half and half?

I still think all walls and ceilings in black will be way too dark :icon_mrgreen:

It is a side entry 3 car garage with one window in the front about 6x7. I put 15 flourecent lights in the garage so lots of light. No the garage it not visible from any other room in the house.

How about this:

Option 1:

if you can see the car from the side/profile you could do the backdrop wall and the ceiling in black and the yellow horizontally on the back wall a touch above the roof line of the car

Option 2:

if your best view is from the front you could do the side walls in a lighter color, the backdrop wall in black, black ceiling, black floor, the yellow stripe could run on the floor under the centre of the car up on the back wall and through the centre of the ceiling

I suck at drawing and my architect is away otherwise I would get him to draw it for you.

You can always do what I've done and use snake-skin wall paper on the backdrop wall :icon_mrgreen:

Either way, have fun and post some photos when you done, we always enjoy new builds.

My garage in AZ is all black walls, with stainless lower portions, and grey floors.. I like it!

Black garages are scary. Nobody ever mentions the drains in the floor, chains hanging from ceiling, baskets of lotion and related torture accoutrement stacked in the corner . . . .

Dallas, sorry for not getting back to you but It was my bday weekend and I was crazy busy! I drove by your new place yesterday and it looks like your almost done. Maybe a month or two before it's finished? Here are a couple pictures of my garage so you can see how the yellow and black go together. YES I miss my old Lambo's :(

Garage_004.jpg

Garage_001.jpg

Garage_019.jpg

Thanks for the responses so far. I am quite surprised that alot of peeps are saying not to go with black. Ryan the house should be done in about two more months. I love the color choice you went with in your garage. Now all you have to do is paint over the yellow with blu cepheus haha. Thanks for the pics. Still not sure what to do, I might just do a feature wall in black and the rest gray and yellow.

Dallas, sorry for not getting back to you but It was my bday weekend and I was crazy busy! I drove by your new place yesterday and it looks like your almost done. Maybe a month or two before it's finished? Here are a couple pictures of my garage so you can see how the yellow and black go together. YES I miss my old Lambo's :(

Garage_004.jpg

Garage_001.jpg

Garage_019.jpg

Your place looks great! :icon_super:

Dallas, I would love to see your place when your all done. I'm not changing the yellow to Blu Cepheus lol, I have to stick with Lambo's famous colors!! The yellow really pops against the black walls. The one thing I would change about my garage is my aluminum sign doesn't stand out enough on the black walls, I guess I could spray it yellow!

Thanks RHershey!!!

Dallas, make sure you post some pictures of your garage!!

Although Tory's portfollio does not show much in the way of garages, he is AMAZING!

Aside from home interiors, He has done everything to cars, custom furniture, to recording studios.

Resonable prices too.

http://www.awexpressions.com/