Fantastic Christmas Day!

LA_Brit

Evening chaps,

Just got back from 'The Manor' in Castle Combe, UK for Xmas day lunch. Proper hotel and lush lunch.

I leased a 2009 ML350 3 years ago this feb which my parents then took possession of soon after as it suited there needs far more than my own. My parents 30th wedding anniversary is coming up next Feb and I wanted to surprise the pair of them with a gift that wouldn't be forgotten. I decided to buy her what she had hinted at as a replacement for her ML to my dad: a RRS.

The car: 2013 my RRS HSE V6 in black, ivory interior, premium mats, piano black trim, privacy glass and the all important sunroof (an option I knew she loves), no matter how silly (tiny) it is. Had the car scotch guarded the day it was delivered (last Friday) and kept it hidden at my house so she wouldn't find out.

The surprise:

Quite simple really - my old man drove the ML up to the hotel, I turned up after a very comfy 2 hours in torrential rain and the pics will do the rest of the talking! Having done 2 hours in both cars back to back I can safely say the RRS has the ML beat all around including ride comfort, handling, acceleration feel (albeit less tq) and the brakes are simply in another league. The interior is on par but the ergonomics are better than the Benz and the entertainment system far easier to navigate.

Lets just say my mom was a happy camper !

All in all a nice Xmas day!

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

rr3.jpg

rr4.jpg

rr5.jpg

rr6.jpg

rr7.jpg

rr8.jpg

rr9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thats one heck of a Christmas gift! :) Beautiful choice as well, nicely done! I look forward to the day I can do something like that for my Mom!