delorean *PICS*

cisco35

looks like i might be getting my boyhood dream car. 1981 delorean. the car itself is imaculate. everything new or redone. no rust. and runs great.(aparently) im going to check it out this week sometime. please dont hate on me i have loved this car since 1985.hehe.

looks like i might be getting my boyhood dream car. 1981 delorean. the car itself is imaculate. everything new or redone. no rust. and runs great.(aparently) im going to check it out this week sometime. please dont hate on me i have loved this car since 1985.hehe.

Deloreans are nice, it's one american car that is cool to own in a Lambo guys eyes. :thumb

I aprove. :partyman:

Deloreans are nice, it's one american car that is cool to own in a Lambo guys eyes. :thumb

I aprove. :partyman:

sweet i thought you guys were going to flame me. will post pics in a minute

Don't know a whole lot about DeLorean's but from the pics that looks to be an early car based on the hood. Later 81's and on had a flat hood without the small door.

I was offered a DeLorean a few weeks ago for 10k but decided to pass. I did not see the car so no idea what condition it was in. I always liked the look of them as well.

I just noticed how similar the interior looks to the one in a Lambo Diablo/Murcie. And the doors too... :mrgreen:

Go for it.

WHY,WHY,WHY???

Sorry Cisco,the Delorean is one of the biggest POS produced.Don't buy it

yes they are junk..but they are very cool. I have worked on a few of them and each time I swore I would never touch another one again.

Haveing said that I would buy one just because of the sorta weird history behined the car. I like how they look..but they have a knowen door latch problem and if it breaks when you inside..your stuck..make sure the a/c works..i

WHY,WHY,WHY???

Sorry Cisco,the Delorean is one of the biggest POS produced.Don't buy it

if i could afford something cooler i would get it. but right now this is an old dream car that i could afford. there is a lambo in my future but for right now i am a baller on a budget.

one of my buddies has a turbo one, its pretty fast for the mods he has done. best mod of his though is his license plate: 1 jigawatt or something along those lines.

I drove one once, it was pretty cool. Personally, i dont think i could handle all the stupid remarks people will throw your way. Id rather have an early James Bond style Esprit.

get the lastest one you can get. the last year is the best. i can't remember which motor was the best one. all the bugs were worked out by the last year.

I love the Delorean. My dad bought one new back in the day and it was very cool. I was young but I do remember a few things that happened to the car. The AC went out all the time. The hood latch cable broke and it was a BIG deal. You had to pull the hood to put gas in it . Normally that would have been the big deal but not on this day. I was going fishing and mom was dropping me off. I had put my fishing rod and the chicken livers up front and they were in there for days ! At least 4 or 5 hot summer days until we could get the hood open. Oh man, that smell for the livers was unreal !!!! All in all the car was fun and one day i would like to get a nice example to put up . That one looks nice and I like the black interior . It is a comfortable car for big guys too. I think John Delorean was about 6 ft 2" and designed it around him. My dad is tall as well and it was a very comfortable fit for him. Good luck on your purchase !

A good deal of the development on the DeLorean DMC was done by Lotus Cars Ltd. That's why you will see some similarities to the Esprit, upon closer inspection of the specs.

Guest SP_wEaZeL

Ohh shit..I thought that was Allan's Lotus!! LOL!

I seem to remember a joke regarding John Deloreon's arrest for Cocaine trafficking... Something about the car comming with "Snow Tires"....

Between that, and him being married to Christina FERRARI, I would think the Lambo people would shun the car?

We where close to buying one about 10years ago. I think it would make a great project car.

cisco why dont you look into some v8 lotus esprits,they rock,

the insurance would kill me on a v8 sports car. insurance on a delorean is lower than you think.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the Delorean. I have a friend who has one and has done everything to it to bring it back to a good running car. It is fun until you have someone ask "Can you go back in time?" The best response I can give you to a question like that is "Yes tell your wife to come over and I will bring her back a virgin"

Cool cars though

When I was a kid one of my classmates fathers purchased one of these new (1982), it was supposedly the only one with small moon roofs built into the doors. Out of the group of us there was always a war about whose dad had the best car, my dads 928S, my arch enemies 308GTS or this kids dads delorean.

Regardless the kids dad wouldn't let him touch the car and this turned into a little problem when we got to driving age. We all got to drive dads car (with or w/o permission) but this kid wasn't allowed near the car (its rare, going to be a collectors item etc..). One night when he was 15 he got busted trying to take the car out for a spin and he promptly went and got his dads shotgun and shot both his mother and father in the head.

It seems silly doesn't it? I lost touch with the kid whose dad owned the 308, maybe he's shot himself in the head by now.