Monterey blue 6.0 at calabas car sales

sabortooth

is that the same car that belonged to that Gus guy?

A post from Kaoss: "That is the same car that had the accident. There was a lot of money put into it to clean it up over the years. Roy added the wing and serviced the car. When Gus had it, the car had factory OEM wheels on it. The front bumper is not OEM, nor is the right front fender...rear bumper is in question as well as it does sag. There was some paint work also on the passenger side lower rear quarter. I'm sure Allan has the pics of the car when it was on the frame rack at the shop. I owned the car for awhile as well, it drives solid and straight and the repair work done to it, wasn't horrible. The car got repo'd from Gus and was going to be sold overseas when a guy named Gary bought it through Bergen County Lambo. He put a lot of money into the car at time of purchase, upwards of 18k for service, tires, battery, etc. Then good old Gary pops up out of the blue and wants to sell the car claiming title in hand, etc...his state is a title in hand state, however he didn't have the lien release. Some may remember a thread started about buyer beware scammer, etc...same car. Car got repo'd from him and fire sold to Benny. It had OEM wheels on it when it left the East Coast. But the dealer is lying about the accident...it surely went through a fence or something. "

Thanks for the link. Looks like for 100k it would be a good buy as long as mechanical cks good

I see the car almost everyday parked outside of the Calabasas dealer. It certainly looks good. I havent driven it so I dont know how it drives.. May drive great.. At the right price of course the car could be worth it, but needs to be priced right.. Id drive it first and do a good PPI

Thanks for the link. Looks like for 100k it would be a good buy as long as mechanical cks good

Well I doubt you'll get it for $100k as they are representing the car as perfect. Personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Too many stories.

They wouldn't let me drive it until we agreed on a price....it was fcuking ridiculous. At the time I think they wanted around $140 for it.

Also it's a ten foot car, once you get up close all sorts weird panel gaps, large paint chips, sagging rear bumper, front trunk doesn't open properly missing weather striping. I also think there is something wrong with the front drivers seat, I couldn't get it to move back all the way so I would fit comfortably (I'm 5'10")

How come the accident doesnt show up on the free Carfax report on the dealers website? Cant the pics be sent to Carfax so they can input the proper data?

Well I doubt you'll get it for $100k as they are representing the car as perfect. Personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Too many stories.

They wouldn't let me drive it until we agreed on a price....it was fcuking ridiculous. At the time I think they wanted around $140 for it.

Also it's a ten foot car, once you get up close all sorts weird panel gaps, large paint chips, sagging rear bumper, front trunk doesn't open properly missing weather striping. I also think there is something wrong with the front drivers seat, I couldn't get it to move back all the way so I would fit comfortably (I'm 5'10")

Ah.. I see it from the highway.. Looks good from there!

I dont see that car being a bargin at 100k...

Too msny little things to do... Plus the history etc.... Might as well pay 130 and get a hIgh milago one thats solid

How come the accident doesnt show up on the free Carfax report on the dealers website? Cant the pics be sent to Carfax so they can input the proper data?

maybe the owner paid out of pocket and the owner never made a claim

^ That and there probably was never a police report filed. CarFax gets there information from Insurance and Police files from what I understand. No report, no ding on CarFax.