Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select, anyone try it?

fmari

So far it looks like it is hard to get. I am wondering if it is worth the trouble finding it. Anyone try it? Where did you get it?

Haven't tried it, but would love to try it. Had a bottle of the 1904 Gold Medal Jack years ago, and was amazing.

According to their website:

"Available at Vegas, San Francisco, JFK, LAX, Atlanta and Changi International duty free shops.

Rolling out later in 2013: Dubai, Vienna, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Berlin, Budapest, Heathrow, Charles de Gaulle, Schiphol, Australia, New Zealand, Bangkok, Hong Kong International duty free shops; state of TN and Jack Daniel's Visitor Center."

http://www.jackdaniels.com/whiskey/sinatra-select

Rouleur,

Nice of you to offer. I would take you up on your offer if you happen to get a chance to get one. PM me and we can talk more. Thank you.

No, just up to CT for a week. Do I need to in order to buy duty free? I didn't think that was a requirement. I just imagine that I would have to go down to the International terminal in E or F concourse.

The last time I walked into a duty free shop I was asked if I was flying international and upon my answer of "no" I was quickly ushered out haha. I think that's why Raj is asking

No, just up to CT for a week. Do I need to in order to buy duty free? I didn't think that was a requirement. I just imagine that I would have to go down to the International terminal in E or F concourse.

Yes, need to be flying international. They usually want to see your boarding pass as proof.

:icon_pidu:

Thanks anyway. Hopefully they will expand where they sell these bottles shortly.

So they are only selling it in duty free shops inside the states and other places internationally??? What kind of marketing tactic is that, unless of course they just tried to rebrand a batch of crap, and charge a higher amount to people who dont have the access to bourbon like the americans do...

So they are only selling it in duty free shops inside the states and other places internationally??? What kind of marketing tactic is that, unless of course they just tried to rebrand a batch of crap, and charge a higher amount to people who dont have the access to bourbon like the americans do...

I researched getting a bottle of this a couple months ago when they first announced it just to have in the bar, and the reasoning behind the whole "airport" deal was due to some convoluted marketing premise centered on Sinatra being a jetsetter before jetsetting got popular.

At the end of the day it's to drive up demand by limiting access, but I'll still try a bottle once they loosen the reigns on it.

I think they make smaller batches to select markets like the duty free market and see what happens. Same thing happened with Jonnie Walker Double Black.

It was DF only and now can be found in Costco.

• 2 weeks later...