• Batman (Hoping this for Slowpoke)
    • Jenson Button
    • Night Rider
    • Internet Troll
    • Magazine/online Racer
    • McLaren Employee or affiliate
    • Allan's long lost brother
    • Swil and his Musical Exhaust Note

Many have asked Accelerators affiliation with McLaren but he has yet to answer any of us. So Lets take a guess of who he is. If your pick is not listed, throw it out there and lets see what we can come up with.

Obviously Swil needs to be on the list, because the P1 has a VERY musical exhaust note... :icon_mrgreen:

I knew I was forgetting someone, THANKS!

Swil and his musical exhaust has been added

I HOPE it is Ron Dennis! Hi Ron! I bet it is Swil!

I too hope I can one day enrage LP enough to get called out in a special post with a poll. Boy will you all be disappointed when you find out I really am just an armchair racer who likes lambos and doesn't actually own one.

:jerry:

Registrant:

MCLAREN INTERNATIONAL LIMITED (MCLAR27873)

WOKING BUSINESS PARK

ALBERT DRIVE

WOKING, SURREY, GU21 5JY

GB

Domain name: mclaren.com

Technical contact:

Hostmaster, NetNames (NH111691)

Netnames Ltd

3rd Floor Prospero House

241 Borough High St.

null, London, SE1 1GA

GB

[email protected]

+44.2070159370 Fax: +44.2070159375

Administrative contact:

MANAGER, IT (IM69061)

MCLAREN INTERNATIONAL LIMITE

Unit 22

WOKING BUSINESS PARK

WOKING, SURREY, GU21 5JY

GB

[email protected]

+44.1483261900 Fax: +44.1483711212

Record created: 2010-10-13 20:57:03

Record last updated: 2012-07-29 00:58:30

Record expires: 2013-07-27 00:00:00

Domain servers in listed order:

ns1.netnames.net (NS1NE06081)

ns2.netnames.net (NS2NE32607)

ns5.netnames.net (NS5NE58189)

ns6.netnames.net (NS6NE11937)

just kidding.

He said he's an engineer, what kind I don't know, he's obiously extremely passionate about the brand, must be reading lot of stats, magazines, Internet etc., he has an understanding of mechanics, aerodynamics etc. and tries to make compelling arguments in order to defend his favorite brand.

Got few rides in an MP4 and now he thinks it's God's gift to the automotive world and nothing else matters. :icon_mrgreen:

Absolutely nothing wrong with any of it, it's great to see a man with passion, I admire that about him!

What I would like to hear is the base on which he makes all his assumptions/ arguments and gives advice on, I hate advising people on things I don't have first hand experience with, if your arguments are so vehement I would like to know they come from a solid foundation otherwise they are redundant and irrelevant to me and I would rather not use them to form an opinion.

i think he might be a real poster.

we have probably 20+ other members who remind me of swill maybe 10x worse. (but i wont mention names)

BTW what happen to Robert H? is he still around?

I'm not saying I'm Batman, I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room..

I've never seen you and Rosie O'Donnell in a room together either...just sayin

I actually feel bad for Accelerator. He gets called out the day before McLaren releases some insanely impressive figures and he can't even come on and boast because he would have to address this thread first. :icon_mrgreen:

Holy crap! A thread about me! Sweet. I am Batman, but alter personality is Allan's long lost midget brother

I have no affiliation with any automobile manufacturer. But the ethos of McLaren towards engineering is a the main attraction for their vehicles to me. Primarily, this started with the Can Am and Formula 1 cars such as the MP4/4, but the McLaren F1 was very intriguing as well.

That being said, it does not at all mean that I don't love other cars. The Pagani 760RS is exquisite as well as the Ferrari F40. I also like the focus of the NSX Type R. I love the LP570 SL, though it definitely needs a bit of modernization (Haldex system and DCT for starters). Certainly, there are aspects of other cars that I like, but they always seem to have some deficiency that isn't purely focused on function. Case in point, I actually am NOT a fan of the SLR

One of my favorite cars is the Lancia 037.

Seriously though. I am actually a bit disappointed in the P1's engine specifications. I don't know why they chose the turbos they did. More power is surely possible, though there is a possibility that the integration with the electric motor has something to do with tuning the linearity of the power band (and getting instant response) and/or problems in terms of reliability with the electric motor when using it to assist the shifts

I am merely a car enthusiast who has delved into aerospace and mechanical engineering. No need to look for any ulterior motives :P

I admire Lamborghini's dedication towards carbon composite research and hope we will see something epic for the 50th anniversary.

The Aventador is just too damn heavy

Edit:

I should vote too!