Renntech ML63 Vbox Times

VBUGKING

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these things any good in the snow? I see they are 4matic or at least some of them.

That is unreal! Faster than my stock g times (granted I was easy on the shifting, but still!!!). Will the Renntech bother your warranty at all? I can't wait to buy my wife an E63 tt car with the awd!! Congrats, that 1/4mi is insane for a tune only suv!

How do you like the ML compared to the X5M?

I've driven both myself. The Renntech kit will make a world of difference compared to a stock XM5.

But I've never loved an SUV so much as the 2012 BMW X5M that I tested. It really comes down to which brand do you prefer, obviously if you are a Benz guy you'll lean to the ML, but for my tastes and style, BMW is the choice. Plenty of space, GOBS of power and just a great, and seat position. We don't buy performance SUV's for their practicality. I'll see if I can dig up some pics i took of the X5M and post them.

How do you like the ML compared to the X5M?

Well I had the X5m when I bought the ML63, and then a few months later I sold the X5m. The ML63 is just the nicer and faster car (at least with both having the Renntech ECU). Designo interior is now standard on the new ML63, so the interior is much nicer than anything you can get in the BMW. That being said, the X5m was a fantastic car and I enjoyed having it for 2 years. There are things I like about it over the ML63 (heads up display, top down view camera), but lucky for me, those things are also in my Ghost. :)

2 business partners of mine have 2013 X5ms, and they love them, but they both wanted the ML63 instead. The lease deals on the BMWs are just a lot more attractive so they ended up getting those instead (business deduction).

I rode in a new ML63 the other night. I really enjoyed it. I am sure with the renntech kit it must be insane.

Yes, its pretty insane. My results over the mags numbers prove that the Renntech ECU makes a big difference. The ride of the the ML63 is almost as good as my Ghost as well.

I'm curious to see how this does against your Roush Raptor...

Roush Raptor has no chance. Even with the extra power its still probably going to be 5+ second 0-60mph. It's still the most bad ass truck around though :)

Are these things any good in the snow? I see they are 4matic or at least some of them.

You would need to put snow tires on them and they would be fine. All new MLs including the 63 are AWD.

That is unreal! Faster than my stock g times (granted I was easy on the shifting, but still!!!). Will the Renntech bother your warranty at all? I can't wait to buy my wife an E63 tt car with the awd!! Congrats, that 1/4mi is insane for a tune only suv!

My Mercedes Benz dealer is also a Renntech dealer. Warranty is not an issue. Thanks for the comments!

I've driven both myself. The Renntech kit will make a world of difference compared to a stock XM5.

But I've never loved an SUV so much as the 2012 BMW X5M that I tested. It really comes down to which brand do you prefer, obviously if you are a Benz guy you'll lean to the ML, but for my tastes and style, BMW is the choice. Plenty of space, GOBS of power and just a great, and seat position. We don't buy performance SUV's for their practicality. I'll see if I can dig up some pics i took of the X5M and post them.

I owned both, at the same time, and both had the Renntech ECU. X5m is great, but the ML63 is just the better car. :)

Well I had the X5m when I bought the ML63, and then a few months later I sold the X5m. The ML63 is just the nicer and faster car (at least with both having the Renntech ECU). Designo interior is now standard on the new ML63, so the interior is much nicer than anything you can get in the BMW. That being said, the X5m was a fantastic car and I enjoyed having it for 2 years. There are things I like about it over the ML63 (heads up display, top down view camera), but lucky for me, those things are also in my Ghost. :)

2 business partners of mine have 2013 X5ms, and they love them, but they both wanted the ML63 instead. The lease deals on the BMWs are just a lot more attractive so they ended up getting those instead (business deduction).

And the sounds of the ML is very impressive, I can't deny that :lol2: It's a great truck.

I might do some 60-130mph runs in the near future. Car only has like 500 miles on it, I doubt its running super strong yet.

Well.. get to driving!

I ordered a 12 ML63 with amg package and got the first one in Vancouver. Truck was impressive for the 5000 miles it lasted. After that the engine seized on the side of the road and its been an ongoing legal battle with Benz to cover the thing. They initially said the check engine light came on and i drove it for 22 miles with it on but just last week after MONTHS and big legal bills they said they aren't sure if the light was on. Still not saying they will cover it.

Right now it is a nice lawn ornament full of bird shit and tree sap.

Would hands down pick it over an x5m. The x5m isn't nearly as quick. The new x5 should be out later this year. Will be interesting to see the M version of that

I ordered a 12 ML63 with amg package and got the first one in Vancouver. Truck was impressive for the 5000 miles it lasted. After that the engine seized on the side of the road and its been an ongoing legal battle with Benz to cover the thing. They initially said the check engine light came on and i drove it for 22 miles with it on but just last week after MONTHS and big legal bills they said they aren't sure if the light was on. Still not saying they will cover it.

Right now it is a nice lawn ornament full of bird shit and tree sap.

Would hands down pick it over an x5m. The x5m isn't nearly as quick. The new x5 should be out later this year. Will be interesting to see the M version of that

Dang, sorry to hear about your ML63 troubles. I have over 6000 miles on mine, and it has been trouble free thus far. Even if you drove it with the check engine light on, that shouldn't matter. If they don't want you to drive it with the check engine light on, it should render the car undriveable. Hopefully you can get it covered somehow.

i may have ended up buying an ML63 because of this thread. i sold the evoque and was looking for a replacement. i really wanted a G550 (always wanted one for a long time) but nothing would fit the budget, then a nice Diamond White ML63 with Performance Pack came up and the deal was done. i never really considered the car but after all the great comments on this thread, i'll give it a try. hoping it's as good as VboxKing says it is. usually the benchmark is the Cayenne Turbo. had the last generation and the ride was just too stiff for terrible philippine roads. i hope this new ML63 is better.

• 2 weeks later...
i may have ended up buying an ML63 because of this thread. i sold the evoque and was looking for a replacement. i really wanted a G550 (always wanted one for a long time) but nothing would fit the budget, then a nice Diamond White ML63 with Performance Pack came up and the deal was done. i never really considered the car but after all the great comments on this thread, i'll give it a try. hoping it's as good as VboxKing says it is. usually the benchmark is the Cayenne Turbo. had the last generation and the ride was just too stiff for terrible philippine roads. i hope this new ML63 is better.

Let us know how the ride ends up being! This may be my first baby's momma ride once we start having kids...

• 3 months later...

just got my ML 63... finally. wow! that was a long time coming from my earlier post.

all i can say is, it is hands down the best urban SUV i have driven. it is luxurious inside, good looking outside, has comfortable ride, and very powerful for what it is. my only gripe is that when you brake the front dives too much. i think there is too much front brake bias -as can be seen from the front rotor and caliper size.

i like that the drive is softer feeling than the benchmark cayenne. the porsche might be better at the track, but truthfully, this SUV will be used as a daily driver on city roads, hence i like it's manners better given its primary purpose.

i just hope it stays reliable for the long run.

just got my ML 63... finally. wow! that was a long time coming from my earlier post.

all i can say is, it is hands down the best urban SUV i have driven. it is luxurious inside, good looking outside, has comfortable ride, and very powerful for what it is. my only gripe is that when you brake the front dives too much. i think there is too much front brake bias -as can be seen from the front rotor and caliper size.

i like that the drive is softer feeling than the benchmark cayenne. the porsche might be better at the track, but truthfully, this SUV will be used as a daily driver on city roads, hence i like it's manners better given its primary purpose.

i just hope it stays reliable for the long run.

Glad you like it, it is an amazing SUV. After a year and 8000 miles, mine has been reliable so far.

• 1 year later...

Any updates on miles driven and reliability, from VBUG or any of the other guys that have these. Thinking one of these would make a great dd, would probably find one with 20k miles and then rack up a lot as work keeps me on the road 15-20k per year. Prices are looking pretty attractive.

Thanks guys.

Any updates on miles driven and reliability, from VBUG or any of the other guys that have these. Thinking one of these would make a great dd, would probably find one with 20k miles and then rack up a lot as work keeps me on the road 15-20k per year. Prices are looking pretty attractive.

Thanks guys.

VBug probably sold his ML about 3 seconds after he posted the vbox times!

Thanks guys.

I think ours has around 13k miles on it now. No issues with reliability thus far.