New Daily Driver!

LA_Brit

I have done a 180 on a certain car after being offered a cancelled order the same day i enquired about one and had RR FEVER after looking at the LR website!

Picked up the monster on Monday afternoon: 2013 TDV8 Vogue SE - fcuk me is this thing fast and planted!

CAUSEWAY GRAY: best colour!!!

Ivory on ebony interior with black morzine headliner and black piano trim.

Optional extras:

1700 watt system - this thing is the dogs bollocks. My god.

Seat style 16

Deployable towbar - essential for Central London driving...

Foglights - why is this even an option?

Privacy glass on rears and qrtrs

Full size spare

Surround cameras - gimmicky but cool.

Panno roof - a must have option

Standard options I love:

Soft close doors

Duel screen nav

Stream music via Bluetooth - no more cables or restricted phone use if you use an iPhone.

Heated steering wheel - amazing!

Loads more that ill discover I'm sure!

Think that's it. Car went in on Tueday morning to have the front windows tinted, scotch guard the interior, black out all the trim and badges and have the grill painted satin black.

Trying to source a set of 22" rims as the 20's are far too small! Should have that sorted within the next two weeks and they'll be satin black.

Lets just say I now get the whole 4x4 thing now after having a 30 min drive in traffic I felt totally relaxed and at ease. If anyone gives a toss ill post up more comments after doing more than 20 miles.

Dealership were fantastic and did a great handover, which you'd expect and topped it off with a hamper which was a nice touch.

Can't wait to pick it up tonight!

Josh

photo11.JPG

photo12.jpeg

VERY NICE! I was wondering which LP member would be the first to pick up the new RRV. Please keep this thread updated with your ownership experience.

Very nice, enjoy it in good health, the interior combo sounds nice, any photos by any chance ?

Car will be back with me this afternoon, i'll snap some pics. Supposedly going to snow this weekend, great timing!

Car will be back with me this afternoon, i'll snap some pics. Supposedly going to snow this weekend, great timing!

That is great timing :icon_mrgreen:

My wife wants another big SUV I am over them but your car looks stunning, please give us a review after you get some seat time.

Congrats! To be honest blacking out a grill on this car doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Can't wait to see how it'll turn out.

Ugh, I wish we had that car in the US. I love the new Rover, spectacular machine. Enjoy!!!

What kind of fuel efficiency are you getting with it?

Ugh, I wish we had that car in the US. I love the new Rover, spectacular machine. Enjoy!!!

What kind of fuel efficiency are you getting with it?

I've literally only driven it for an hour...don't know yet. Picked it up Monday afternoon, came home from the dealer, took it to get modified Tuesday morning and am about to pick it up. Annoyingly it's pissing down so wont be able to get any nice clean pics.

Josh

I've literally only driven it for an hour...don't know yet. Picked it up Monday afternoon, came home from the dealer, took it to get modified Tuesday morning and am about to pick it up. Annoyingly it's pissing down so wont be able to get any nice clean pics.

Josh

Gotcha. Looking forward to better pics, that color looks great. Enjoy :icon_thumleft:

Few quick pics. Was dark when I got home, will snap some pics tomorrow in the light. It looks phenomenal but is crying out for some rims!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love that interior combo, thanks for the photos.

:iamwithstupid:

Always nice to see a FFRR in a color other than white or black.

I'd love to see more pics and driving impressions too. I want the updated bodystyle for sure.

Also, what's up with the "Vogue" nameplate? Is that a UK thing?

I'm possibly picking one up tomorrow. (9 hours from now). Neogitated the price unseen through the phone, left deposit. But have chance to walk away if it doesn't turn out the way I expect upon seeing it in person.

LA_BRIT, could you tell me a little more about the ride quality? I've driven a RR HSE back in "03 right when BMW picked up LR. At that time, the car felt very unstable when making turns. Had a sensation of tipping over. Also noticed that the rear leg room was very cramped - this is with the front seats in a comfortable position for me, and I'm 5'11".

How's the rear trunk space? Is it also bigger than the old model (with the back seats in the up - seating position)?

If I get the RR HSE, it will be traded in on my GL550 SUV.

I'm possibly picking one up tomorrow. (9 hours from now). Neogitated the price unseen through the phone, left deposit. But have chance to walk away if it doesn't turn out the way I expect upon seeing it in person.

LA_BRIT, could you tell me a little more about the ride quality? I've driven a RR HSE back in "03 right when BMW picked up LR. At that time, the car felt very unstable when making turns. Had a sensation of tipping over. Also noticed that the rear leg room was very cramped - this is with the front seats in a comfortable position for me, and I'm 5'11".

How's the rear trunk space? Is it also bigger than the old model (with the back seats in the up - seating position)?

If I get the RR HSE, it will be traded in on my GL550 SUV.

New one makes the old feel like a boat in handling, more rear leg room but trunk is a lt a lot smaller with seats in any position, struggle to get a couple of big dogs in now.

New one makes the old feel like a boat in handling, more rear leg room but trunk is a lt a lot smaller with seats in any position, struggle to get a couple of big dogs in now.

Man...I hope its not any smaller than the older model. I thought that was already small as it is. Coming from a GL the one thing I didn't want to lose much of was the cargo space.

Not sure which models you guys are referring to when you say "old" vs "new" but I've had a '10 and '11 (same car) and have no issue with putting 2 good sized labs in the back. Is the brand new model (2013+) larger or smaller in the cargo area?

Bit the bullet and got the '13 HSE today. Absolutely fantastic SUV. That's all there is to say about it.

As an FYI for MY'14 which means cars produced from July on, they are taking the NA V8 engine out for a S/C V6. The only V8 version will be the S/C V8.