What's the market look like for MY 02-04 Murcis today?

93B18

I've been monitoring Ebay, Autotrader, and other car websites and the market seems like the list prices all over the place with MY 2002-2004 Murcielagos of similar mileage and condition. What have you all been seeing as the sold prices for these as of late?

Thanks for the replies.

I've been monitoring Ebay, Autotrader, and other car websites and the market seems like the list prices all over the place with MY 2002-2004 Murcielagos of similar mileage and condition. What have you all been seeing as the sold prices for these as of late?

Thanks for the replies.

If someone wants it they pay any asking. If not most are priced too high to sell quick, it's all over the place the last few months unfortunately.

Some cars have been for sale for a long time

The price gap between 02-04 has gotten closer, but they have all went up in value relative to the market getting stronger and the pricing of the new cars being so much more. The 6 speed cars seem to be getting popular. I saw a yellow 2002 just sold for $129000 with over 20k miles on it and it sold pretty quick. Minimal service history, but car overall was decent. I have been watching the market strongly as well. As I always do.

Just FYI on the recently sold yellow car. I actually sold the car to the two previous owners. It was a beautiful 2002 in extremely good condition. The car still read in Kilometers as all 2002's did from the factory, so the miles were closer to 13k. NOTE: If you see a 2002 Murcielago that reads in miles, it has had an odometer replacement(which started back at zero miles). The yellow Murcie just had a brand new clutch and throwout bearing installed from an authorized dealer. It was also already in Canada, which is a plus for a canadian buyer since they would NOT have import duties along with transportation to Canada. I know it was listed at $129k, but not sure what it brought.

post-1253-1363800667_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1363800710_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1363800817_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1363800926_thumb.jpg

Just FYI on the recently sold yellow car. I actually sold the car to the two previous owners. It was a beautiful 2002 in extremely good condition. The car still read in Kilometers as all 2002's did from the factory, so the miles were closer to 13k. NOTE: If you see a 2002 Murcielago that reads in miles, it has had an odometer replacement(which started back at zero miles). The yellow Murcie just had a brand new clutch and throwout bearing installed from an authorized dealer. It was also already in Canada, which is a plus for a canadian buyer since they would NOT have import duties along with transportation to Canada. I know it was listed at $129k, but not sure what it brought.

Looks like it was a nice example and a great buy

Don't you just hate the episode of Pawn Stars, cheap skates, when they had a 03 on there. A friend's dad recently traded a stick 03 in, he was allowed 125k.

• 1 month later...

A friend just bought an 03 6 speed w/21K miles

orange w/blk & creme int

recent new clutch and brand new rear tires.

car checked out ok at an authorized dealer

Paid $118K for it.

A friend just bought an 03 6 speed w/21K miles

orange w/blk & creme int

recent new clutch and brand new rear tires.

car checked out ok at an authorized dealer

Paid $118K for it.

This is more reasonable price, I agree most are over priced.

BTW DWiggs old car seems to be on the market for a long time now.

I am in the market and it is hard to find extremely clean 2003 Murcies. I personally would only consider 2003 over 2002. The 2004 seems to bring at least $15k more than a MY 2002-2003. A 2003 car with less than 15k miles with clean history should sell for $125-135k range. BUT - I have not seen one under $130k that is clean and under 15k miles.

I would say that the asking prices are averaging around $120-140k for cars in all conditions. I have no clue about actual sale prices though.

Color dictates almost everything in the Murcie market. Aside from the normal factors, service and miles...color is the number one factor in price differences. It's nothing like comparing a white Toyota to a red one...the price swing is huge between a pearl orange car and a silver car...blue monterey will bring top dollar, as there are only four of them for 03, even with miles on it, over a blue hera car, and possibly bring more than an orange one.

The Murcie is a lot of car for the money and they are up because there were no V12 cars produced for almost 3 full years, so that got all of the good cars picked up and enjoyed...what comes up on the market now is reflective of that gap of no cars for 3 years and then of course, good ones are harder and harder to find.

It's best to identify the color you want and then ask the question...looking at a silver 03 with 18k miles listed at 125k isn't the same as looking at a pearl orange 03 with 25k miles and asking 140k. The orange one will sell where the silver will sit for awhile. Both great cars, just color is in such demand that the prices are much higher for those colors people want right now.

A good 03 will run 130-145k realistically.

I agree with Kaoss...I went in this morning and made a strong offer (in my eyes) at $123k ready to wire directly to the owner on the 2003 Blue Hera Murcie - (list price was $130k) and he did not take it and I just got a call from Mark saying someone just bought it at a higher price and it is off the market. BUMMER!