McLaren MP4-12C vs Porsche 911 Turbo S GoPro

FikseSTS

too much McLaren yet? McLaren vs Ferrari 458 video soon...

too much McLaren yet? McLaren vs Ferrari 458 video soon...

nice :)

I like how you show the video that you won ... not the video of the porsche beating you..lol

After the first run he asked for a jump since he doesn't drag race much, then he sat at the line for 1.2 seconds after the green! I just couldn't watch him close enough to react that fast after he left, same deal on the next run and he just happens to cut a .1 when I was expecting another sit on green wait time....

since my times were always quicker I only had the cameras pointed one way....

lesson learned, never give a Turbo S the Jump, no matter what! :)

nice :)

I like how you show the video that you won ... not the video of the porsche beating you..lol

ahh, 2013 M5 in the signature, what do you think? We had one at the track on Sunday, ran a 11.9 @ 118+ MPH, impressive car....

Driver was asleep at the line but it didn't really matter; the McLaren kept pulling and pulling. I'm amazed at how well this car launches.

half a second... :) then as above I gave him the jump on the next two runs... the MP4 is 'touchy' to launch when racing somebody since it's very seldom to get optimum launch

RPM right with the lights...

25357-2010-Porsche-911-Turbo-Timeslip.jp

After the first run he asked for a jump since he doesn't drag race much, then he sat at the line for 1.2 seconds after the green! I just couldn't watch him close enough to react that fast after he left, same deal on the next run and he just happens to cut a .1 when I was expecting another sit on green wait time....

since my times were always quicker I only had the cameras pointed one way....

lesson learned, never give a Turbo S the Jump, no matter what! :)

Damn straight ! If He can't drive not your problem :)

well, part of it was I wanted a good video.... :)

Damn straight ! If He can't drive not your problem :)

Very nice !Mp4 is a beast!

But perception means something, Sunday I took someone about 30 years old out in my LP640 then the McLaren I went into the canyon on Mulholland. The Lambo is loud and rough riding and handling, I ran around a few turns at very reasonable performance speeds trying not to kill the kid then on the straight away I hit at about 40 and ran up to 110. Then I took out the McLaren in comparison its quite smooth and much better in the turns and much faster in the straight away I did everything the same except I went about 10 miles an hour faster in the turns and went 40 up to 130 in the straight away. When I got back he told me how much faster the Lambo was in all ways. Loud, roughness and looks changes peoples perception of performance. I love both of them but they couldn't be more different. The Mclaren is a beast but the Lambo is a Bull of a beast.

I agree, I bet if I took a non car person for a ride in that SRT Viper and my McLaren they would say the Viper was much faster... the McLaren is the most deceptively fast car I've even driven...

But perception means something, Sunday I took someone about 30 years old out in my LP640 then the McLaren I went into the canyon on Mulholland. The Lambo is loud and rough riding and handling, I ran around a few turns at very reasonable performance speeds trying not to kill the kid then on the straight away I hit at about 40 and ran up to 110. Then I took out the McLaren in comparison its quite smooth and much better in the turns and much faster in the straight away I did everything the same except I went about 10 miles an hour faster in the turns and went 40 up to 130 in the straight away. When I got back he told me how much faster the Lambo was in all ways. Loud, roughness and looks changes peoples perception of performance. I love both of them but they couldn't be more different. The Mclaren is a beast but the Lambo is a Bull of a beast.

ahh, 2013 M5 in the signature, what do you think? We had one at the track on Sunday, ran a 11.9 @ 118+ MPH, impressive car....

I've had the M5 for a couple of months and while I like it I am not overly impressed with it. It's very quick on the top end but does not have as usable a powerband as my Panamera Turbo had. I think the Panamera overall was a more capable car. The trans in the M5 is better than the PDK though.

I agree to an extent. The other day I was driving the McLaren Spider and was following my buddy in an LP640 and his car screamed every time he got on the gas, and got more looks than mine. But ultimately I'd rather be in the car that is faster than the one that looks and sounds faster.