I need your vote!!!

Kisco

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which should we name our latest daughter?

• *Lila ("Leela")
    • *Elli ("Elee")
    • *Leah ("Leeyah")
    • *Ally (like the word 'alley')

Ok, it's not really as urgent as it seems.....here is the deal:

My wife will deliver our 2nd baby girl within the next 2 weeks. We have yet to agree on a name for her. There are two names I particularly like that she doesn't and there are another two names that she particularly likes but I don't. She is telling me the two names that I like are "white trash", LOL. I told her there is an easy way to settle this...to post the question on LP where the majority of the people have class and are not "white trash". So, everyone please give me your opinions on the names you like.

PICK YOUR FAVORITE OR TWO FAVORITES FROM THE LIST BELOW. If you don't like any, I don't care to hear it. :icon_mrgreen:

Keep in mind that our first daughter's name is Mila ("Meela")

The names in question for our next baby girl are:

*Lila ("Leela")

*Elli ("Elee")

*Leah ("Leeyah")

*Ally (like the word 'alley')

Your thoughts? TIA

Ok, it's not really as urgent as it seems.....here is the deal:

My wife will deliver our 2nd baby girl within the next 2 weeks. We have yet to agree on a name for her. There are two names I particularly like that she doesn't and there are another two names that she particularly likes but I don't. She is telling me the two names that I like are "white trash", LOL. I told her there is an easy way to settle this...to post the question on LP where the majority of the people have class and are not "white trash". So, everyone please give me your opinions on the names you like.

PICK YOUR FAVORITE OR TWO FAVORITES FROM THE LIST BELOW. If you don't like any, I don't care to hear it. :icon_mrgreen:

Keep in mind that our first daughter's name is Mila ("Meela")

The names in question for our next baby girl are:

*Lila ("Leela")

*Elli ("Elee")

*Leah ("Leeyah")

*Ally (like the word 'alley')

Your thoughts? TIA

I really don't care for the name Leah, sorry, don't have any particular reason I can pin it on just don't.

Elli and Ally would be my choices, though I might go with Allison and everyone is going to call her Ally anyway.

I like Elli and Ally. Never been a fan of Leah and Lila sounds to much like your current kid.

Ive never thought names were white trashy unless they were Jim Bob, Billy, Jimmy, etc.

Damn it, I should have made a poll. DUH!

Mods, can comeone make this a poll for me?? I don't see the option for it under 'edit'. Thanks!!

Thanks all!

I like Lila.

Leah seems a little old school (like people my age.)

Ally. That's so common.

Elli is good too.

So it also depends on if you want to follow your ethnic traditions or not. I don't know your traditions specifically. I'd think both kids with the same first letter is common? How about the rhyming?

Also have you considered the name Fadia? Lol. If you're done you need a namesake. Just teach her that anything less than 1000hp is just not enough.

I like Lila.

Leah seems a little old school (like people my age.)

Ally. That's so common.

Elli is good too.

So it also depends on if you want to follow your ethnic traditions or not. I don't know your traditions specifically. I'd think both kids with the same first letter is common? How about the rhyming?

Also have you considered the name Fadia? Lol. If you're done you need a namesake. Just teach her that anything less than 1000hp is just not enough.

Assman, you aren't helping my case here if you catch my drift, lol.

Fadia? Somebody shoot me!! :lol2:

Traditionaly, rhyming is common. For example, my dad's name is Jihad and his brothers names are Riad, Ziad, and Imad. But who cares about tradition, I want something I like regardless if it rhymes or not..lol

Assman, you aren't helping my case here if you catch my drift, lol.

Fadia? Somebody shoot me!! :lol2:

Traditionaly, rhyming is common. For example, my dad's name is Jihad and his brothers names are Riad, Ziad, and Imad. But who cares about tradition, I want something I like regardless if it rhymes or not..lol

I totally catch your drift, which is why I was saying are you trying to follow convention or buck it?

I have some friends who anglocised their kid's names so it'd be easier for people to say, while others said fcuk it and gave their kids names that I can't even pronounce.

If you look at a lot of non anglican people in the US they usually go by nicknames or easy names. Nikki Haley for example or Bobby Jindal.

How about Layla? Great name and she'll have her own great song.

I totally catch your drift, which is why I was saying are you trying to follow convention or buck it?

I have some friends who anglocised their kid's names so it'd be easier for people to say, while others said fcuk it and gave their kids names that I can't even pronounce.

If you look at a lot of non anglican people in the US they usually go by nicknames or easy names. Nikki Haley for example or Bobby Jindal.

How about Layla? Great name and she'll have her own great song.

My mom loves 'Layla'. I kind of like it too. But there are a few others I like more..:icon_mrgreen:

Already done.

Congrats again! If you don't know, you'll definitely know when you meet her for the first time :)

Thanks David!!

Ok, now everyone please vote so I can show my wife I don't have the thinking pattern of "white trash".. :lol2:

Also, everyone who sees Lila is going to pronounce that "LILA" OR LAYLA and if you guys want "Leela" you guys will be correcting people left and right

Seven...or Seven Constanza if you will.... :icon_mrgreen:

Alli or Elli would be my vote if you won't go with Seven...

I think someone already stole Seven. I'm gonna help you out. You want a beautiful name? Soda.

I need 30 votes by the end of the week. Help me out fellas. My daughter's name is in you hands.. :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats again! If you don't know, you'll definitely know when you meet her for the first time :)

THIS! We had a problem with our first daughter. As soon as we saw her, we knew her name.

Don't leave it up to us jerkwads to name your daughter