New Style Ignition Coilpacks for 2002-2003 Murcielagos!!!!

whiteout

I just had the pleasure of installing these in the car and I am impressed.

Overall the car is smoother, more refined, more "modern" feeling. It no longer has the rough spots in the rpm it usually had down low. The startup is also very crisp and clear.

This is a must for any 02-04 lambo still using the shitty MM coilpacks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had the pleasure of installing these in the car and I am impressed.

Overall the car is smoother, more refined, more "modern" feeling. It no longer has the rough spots in the rpm it usually had down low. The startup is also very crisp and clear.

This is a must for any 02-04 lambo still using the shitty MM coilpacks.

Did you install 12 of the WO coilpacks? Did your old coilpacks look like the ones in whiteout's pictures above?

Did you install 12 of the WO coilpacks? Did your old coilpacks look like the ones in whiteout's pictures above?

Yes I installed all 12 - wouldn't make sense to only partially replace them.

They didn't look AS oxidized as some of his, but they were pretty beat to shit.

• 5 months later...

Since the initial design, the boots have been modified to allow the coilpack to sit deeper into the spark plug port. The new design came from the suggestion of the first buyer.

I've built over 100 coilpacks, some for testing and some for sale. To date, there have been 4 coilpack failures. All of which happened to a single person. Luckily he was able to send the coilpacks to me for diagnosis and I sent him new replacements.

So how do you change the plugs without dropping crud in the engine? Seems like lambo did a piss poor job here, the plug is the last place you want water and junk to accumulate. Great work Nick on the upgrade! Its not the same caliber, but when I had my 05 Gallardo and put the newer revision Audi packs and iridium plugs the car ran much better, so I can only imagine the benefit your upgrade would add.

The OEM o-rings stop bigger debris from falling into the spark plug port. Changing plugs might drop a small amount into the engine (tiny amount) that would be burned out when the engine was started.

You could use a shop vac to suck out the spark plug ports before removing spark plugs.

To get water out I used blue shop paper towel and a long screwdriver to push the towel down the spark plug ports and absorb the water.

Have you noticed better performance? Have they been reliable?

My cars are laid up for the winter now. SORN'd and tax refunds applied for. They were fitted just prior so I cant give an assessment based use. Everything seemed fine on tickover and I have only heard good things elsewhere. Thats why I got them.

I'll give proper feedback in the spring.

• 1 month later...

This is my first post in a long time- but i have the same problem and ordered a set of coils. very glad to find Nick!

will post results when I get her back together...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Due to a shipping mix up I am still waiting on the coils, so I am cleaning things up a bit. Should post my results next week.

installed- waiting on a few more parts to test...

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

That looks great! Can't wait to see the engine bay complete. :D

Here it is completed...re-cleared all the carbon fiber- refinished throttle bodies- new coils, plugs and covers- l.e.d.'s added. overall cleaning.

dealer in Sarasota quoted near 5500.00 for new fuel filters and coils and plugs. dealer DEAL was 3000.00 for coils- 840.00 for 12 champion plugs(yes- you heard me 840.00 for 12 champion plugs that you can get for 6.95 each anywhere)- plus labor.

car was towed home from dealer- no repairs-

my costs were about 1k for WhiteOut Coil packs- 80.00 for 12 NGK plugs- 34.00 for leds- 65.00 for clear coat (did it myself)- 500.00 for plug covers-ceramic engine paint 15.00- plus some shop supplies. so about 1650.00 in all cost wise vs. 5500.00 from the dealer here (5500.00 gives me back a dirty motor too).

I did have to drill and tap the valve covers for the studs- made a jig and drilled 9mm depth hole- bottom taped with 6mm tap- installed s.s. studs. there is just enough alu to do this without breaking through- but not much more. so you must be quite careful and use sharp-new tools. bottoming taps and shallow point drills (118 deg.) . a jig is vital to getting drilled straight - using the valve cover as a flat surface.

I have to say Nick has been a great tech support too... not that I had issues with the coils- but overall he knows his stuff and got me through some other things on the car.

taking her out for test run- but it sounds much stronger and cleaner just in the garage- revs like never before! (its a bit scary now- and I love that

broad_daylight1.jpg

c15.jpg

c8.jpg

c11.jpg

c9.jpg

nightshot1.jpg

Looks awesome!!! Nick seems like a quality guy. I say seems cause he wouldn't stay for a drink when he was in Pittsburgh on his last great road trip! :thefinger: