My 993 GT2 EVO Build Thread

Deuce

Damn...I'm not a Porsche guy, but that is really nice! And congrats to you for wrenching yourself, and putting the time in to complete your dream car...I know it makes it all the more rewarding when you have a major part in rebuilding your own car.

Enjoy it, and keep it forever!

Thank you, I love working on my cars and building cars. Would do it for a profession but then I wouldn't enjoy it anymore right?? :P

That looks fantastic Duece. Congrats!

:icon_thumleft:

That looks insanely good my friend!! Everything very tasteful. Hope you enjoy it in the best of health!

Appreciate it bud!

Cool car, roughly what power does it have?

Todd at Evoms says its around 550 HP, rear wheel drive only and it's light as shit!

There is a reason the 993 Turbos keep going up in $, IMO they are the best looking 911 without question. Sick car!!! Congrats!

Yeah I love it too, I do love how extreme it is though. Definitely a love or hate thing but I love it!

Nice work!

:icon_mrgreen:

Deuce, amazing work. Enjoy in good health.

Thx Modo

Great project. Thanks for sharing!

Thx for reading

Glad you finally got it sorted. Looks great and I bet it rips. What turbos are you going with?

Keeping same turbos for now, eventually I would like to go to the new Tial Alpha's but I need to win the Powerball this weekend! :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! Appears you did everything right and now you get to reap the rewards of your hard work! Love the old school Porsches.

Thx Charlie!

Looks really good. Did u change turbos or sticking with the same?

Thank you, means a lot from you! The turbos I am running right now are K16/K24 Hybrids which are pretty solid. In the future I may upgrade to the new Tial Alpha's but these hybrids definitely rock for the time being!

That right there is a perfect herbie! Great work man!

Word!

I want to see the damn car!!!!!

Looks great man

:icon_super: :icon_pidu:

Well stop talkin and start walkin foo

fantastic !!

what power is it putting out now?

any more pics of the parts now that they are all rebuilt, cleaned, etc... tks !! did you get someone to setup the car? or are you going to do that yourself as well?

love it !

It's putting out about 550 in the super-light chassis, I will share all the close up pics and final pics once the mag drops and the editor will send me all of his pics. My very good friend Tom at Lucent Motors in LA is phenomenal at setting up the alignment and corner balancing, so he always does that for me :icon_thumleft:

Congrats and nice work Deuce! Have fun with that, I have no doubt it's a handful and a blast!

Thank you buddy!

Nice work!

Did the previous owner track the hell out of it?

Must be a blast to drive worry free now

He did track it some before the EVO body work was done but only did two track days after the body work was done, yeah I'm stoked now everything is brand new and perfect...... it's really like a brand new car!

I love the car. Congrats on finishing it!

AMAZING. I'm a huge fan of the 993 generation and that's quite the project you have done. Congratulations buddy, I love the result.

Looking forward to read about it in EC.

• 4 weeks later...

The E46 M3 is honestly one of my favorite cars, certainly my favorite BMW, however I do not know how they put that car on the cover when yours is also featured in the issue. Congrats on the magazine, your car is beautiful and awesome.

The E46 M3 is honestly one of my favorite cars, certainly my favorite BMW, however I do not know how they put that car on the cover when yours is also featured in the issue. Congrats on the magazine, your car is beautiful and awesome.

Thanks man! They put the M3 on the cover because it is European Car Mag's actual project car so they wanted the most exposure for it, lame but it is what it is :turboalex:

Very cool! Just know i hate you a little more today than I did yesterday :lol2:

Seriously though, congrats it's a killer ride. Enjoy it in good health!

Haha, thanks a lot man :headbang: