Would you drive a replica?

abolfaz

good lord nsxer that thing is gorgeous and then with your insane RHD right side shift GT40 its awesome.

Is that your 917?

Thanks

Yes the 917 is mine.

Brian

well then you have one hell of a collection going!

well then you have one hell of a collection going!

Thanks....several replicas in my collection but who cares....they are fantastic to drive.

Brian

I drive a Kraftwerks....great car. I have seen the Bailey cars and not even close to the Kraftwerks cars in regards to quality....

Lovely cars. Which countach model is that? It's stunning!

Can you do a more indepth review of this car? Its amazing!

Not sure to say....

The build quality and panel fitment is amazing as is all the glass work. Kraftwerks did not try to "improve" the car but kept it as close to the original as possible...down to the tube frame and all dimensions. It is my understanding that only 3 are in the USA...mine is #11 of 24 built. One in CA (Red) and the other two here in Kansas (gulf and martini). Mine has a 3.4 with PMO carbs...about 320-330hp. Car weighs about 1,700lbs. Not the safest car on the road so you have to be very aware of other drivers....much more than even riding a motorcycle. SUV's do not see you at all! Sits about 37" tall. Two can barely fit...for about an hour :) Makes the GT40's feel like big cars. I absolutely could not imagine the guts guys had back in the day in one of these with 600hp and running 240mph....at night. Derek Bell told me that one of the first times he took a 917 up to speed he could not pull his foot off the gas because the body work flexed due to the air and trapped his foot....made him a little nervous!

I will take more pictures and post sometime soon.

Brian

Not sure to say....

The build quality and panel fitment is amazing as is all the glass work. Kraftwerks did not try to "improve" the car but kept it as close to the original as possible...down to the tube frame and all dimensions. It is my understanding that only 3 are in the USA...mine is #11 of 24 built. One in CA (Red) and the other two here in Kansas (gulf and martini). Mine has a 3.4 with PMO carbs...about 320-330hp. Car weighs about 1,700lbs. Not the safest car on the road so you have to be very aware of other drivers....much more than even riding a motorcycle. SUV's do not see you at all! Sits about 37" tall. Two can barely fit...for about an hour :) Makes the GT40's feel like big cars. I absolutely could not imagine the guts guys had back in the day in one of these with 600hp and running 240mph....at night. Derek Bell told me that one of the first times he took a 917 up to speed he could not pull his foot off the gas because the body work flexed due to the air and trapped his foot....made him a little nervous!

I will take more pictures and post sometime soon.

Brian

Looks amazing.. I would love to build something with a little more comfort. Something more like a Daur 962.

Looks amazing.. I would love to build something with a little more comfort. Something more like a Daur 962.

What is the deal Allan, I like the dauer too! lol.

Id rock that replica but with some changes inside and outside... kind of update the look a bit...

What is the deal Allan, I like the dauer too! lol.

Id rock that replica but with some changes inside and outside... kind of update the look a bit...

Well! Hop to it skippy! Countach wheels, and Daur replica!

TurboGallardo has something about a Porsche962 in his cars owned profile. Ive been dying to hear about that one as well.

NSX'er that car looks great. Didnt the original 917's have like 1000+ horsepower or am i just mixing that up with the other racing porsches of the past?

Those replicas are amazing. Saw one in person at Sebring a couple of years ago and fell in love. Go for it Mike!