I need more powwwwwwaaaaa

JonV8944s

So I actually really like my Murcielago. Going RWD, tuning it, putting an exhaust on it, really helped to wake it up a bit, BUT it still feels a little to lazy for my liking. And while I know the lp640 has more power, its really not even enough to satisfy me to a 'satisfied' level. So I am curious, what else is left for mods on this car before someone goes 'turbos' (which honestly I wont due, because then your asking for a shitload more problems and PIA headaches).

I'd almost be willing to do 'heads and cam' on a murci, but I'd hate to have driveability issues that normally come with a 'cammed' car, and admittedly there probably aren't any performance cam profiles out there for a murci.

lol, if I cared only about straight line power in 3rd and 4th gear, I'd entertain even the idea of nitrous (I've never had it on any of my cars), but I want something that's useable in all gears, and quite frankly wont 'rape' the motor. I also have my doubts about the motor taking any real amount of nitrous, so that's not even reasonable.

Is there anything else out there that I can do, to gain power? I think this is my second time asking, but I just feel like there must be SOMETHING between 'simple bolt ons' like I have, and going full blown BOOOST.

Thanks!

Jon

What differences there are between 640 and 670 SV motors vise and body vise?

Any power gain or weight saving options available via "oem" route?

So I actually really like my Murcielago. Going RWD, tuning it, putting an exhaust on it, really helped to wake it up a bit, BUT it still feels a little to lazy for my liking. And while I know the lp640 has more power, its really not even enough to satisfy me to a 'satisfied' level. So I am curious, what else is left for mods on this car before someone goes 'turbos' (which honestly I wont due, because then your asking for a shitload more problems and PIA headaches).

I'd almost be willing to do 'heads and cam' on a murci, but I'd hate to have driveability issues that normally come with a 'cammed' car, and admittedly there probably aren't any performance cam profiles out there for a murci.

lol, if I cared only about straight line power in 3rd and 4th gear, I'd entertain even the idea of nitrous (I've never had it on any of my cars), but I want something that's useable in all gears, and quite frankly wont 'rape' the motor. I also have my doubts about the motor taking any real amount of nitrous, so that's not even reasonable.

Is there anything else out there that I can do, to gain power? I think this is my second time asking, but I just feel like there must be SOMETHING between 'simple bolt ons' like I have, and going full blown BOOOST.

Thanks!

Jon

I wouldn't expect a huge power gain from head/cam work in the first place, especially for the (astronomical) cost thats going to be involved here. It will be a REALLY expensive 40hp.

Why are you afraid of nitrous? It's just increasing fuel and cylinder pressure, same as a blower or turbos do. Just don't go batshit crazy and it would be just fine, but as you said it's just for short runs.

I'd either leave it alone or go balls out, the middle ground is much less rewarding and doesn't save you too much money.

Without going the FI route your kind of stuck with what you can get out of these cars. So my advice is either take the TT plunge or choose a different platform. For me whenever I have a urge for power, Ill drive my 996tt that makes north of 1300hp. But Im with you on wanting more power. I am contemplating UGR for my lp640

Jags

putting ECU tune, exhaust with decat, and RWD will make the 6.2L Murcie as fast as a stock LP640. this is as far as i would go on mods besides going TT. from our experience it's still quite a big distance in power to the 670 SV. by analogy, if you can get an LP640 mod it with ECU, exhaust and RWD, i bet it will be quite fast already.

You can do all you want N/A and its a waste of time and money.. Better off selling your car, and upgrading to a Lp640 and doing same bolt on mods..

I spoke to Frank, he had some good information. He is supposed to follow up with an email with some details.

I'll give Alex a call next week.

You can do all you want N/A and its a waste of time and money.. Better off selling your car, and upgrading to a Lp640 and doing same bolt on mods..

this is precisely what i was trying to get at :icon_thumleft:

It would seriously be worth your time, effort, and money to swap the parts over to an LP640 and sell your car stock.

You could always go ahead and port the throttle bodies, intake manifold runners, and exhaust manifolds. Then add some phenolic spacers to the intake manifold to keep temps down and have a larger volume. Otherwise, pull the heads, do some porting. You could get some custom ground cams. But at that point, it would probably be cheaper and easier to go LP640.

Is it that much of a substantial change?

like i said above, after all the mods i did to my murcie, it was only as fast as a stock LP640 - dead even. imagine if you could do all those bolt on mods to the LP640 and hope it can get close to the performance of the 670SV. if it comes close to it, which i think it will, the difference from the 6.2 Murcie is very substantial!!!

also, after driving the LP640, the car just feels more refined. the way experience is similar but simply on a higher level. the question is, is it worth the price differential?

In for the eventual "I sold the Murci and a Gallardo is on it's way to North Carolina" direction this thread will take.

imagine if you could do all those bolt on mods to the LP640 and hope it can get close to the performance of the 670SV.

:eusa_think: Damnit... Now you have me thinking about doing it! :icon_mrgreen:

In for the eventual "I sold the Murci and a Gallardo is on it's way to North Carolina" direction this thread will take.

Not for me.... I'd rather keep my murci and save up for the Aventador, which is possibly next on the list, unless something faster/better comes out. My problem with the lp640, is that its an incremental upgrade over the 6.2 Murci. Which is a good thing, but not something I feel I need to make a 'stepping stone' approach too. I was wanting more power in the murci for a marginal price, something that would bring me up to something respectable like 500 RWHP, but I certainly agree with everyone, if the costs of that are going to put me into LP640 'invested' kinda of money, I shouldnt bother. I guess I was hoping SOMETHING resembling a 'bolt on' was still left to do on the car, say for a couple of grand. But I think I have maximized my potential on this one, at this price point. Talking with Frank, it would seem im easily in the 1x,xxx range to do anything more then what I have now... which isnt a smart investment in money.

I guess my thing about my murci, is that its really that 'mid' level between the 'original' murci's of 02 and the newer version of 07. I have the full carbon/branding package, I have the latest version of Egear for my generation (right before the 07 update), I have those awesome Ceramic Brakes, I have a roadster, Double din headunit, etc. So it actually appeases me enough right now, to know I am 'almost' an lp640, that becoming an actual one, would be of little benefit 'emotionally' to justify the extra cost. For me the step up to a lightly used aventador Roadster (more refined) thats 'used' in the next 2 years, is worth more to me, then jumping to an lp640, and then the aventador.

I wanted cheap power, looks like I got all the 'cheap' mods you can, anything after this, costs $$$$$ :(

I appeciate the feedback.